What's the best/worst park to do in the rain?

cschulte

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at the forecast for Friday and, at least for right now, it's looking like a wash out. What recommendations do you have for both the best and worst parks to do in the rain?

Our original plan was for AK first half of the day and hop to DHS for Fantasmic.

I'm wondering if AK is the worst because you have Everest, Primevil Whirl and Safari all outside.

We could switch and see Fantasmic Thursday when the forecast is better, but I'm trying to figure out which park is the best to do if the storms stay in the forecast on Friday. Accuweather is predicting storms all day with the possibility of flash floods.

Also, will the storytellers still be out in Epcot if it's raining?
Thanks.

I think that MK is the best for rain - lots of stuff is indoors. Epcot is okay but you would do a lot of outside walking around the countires. I'm not sure if the storytellers and shows still run during rain.

I do think that AK is the worst for rain. Everything is primarily outdoors. And I don't know if the animals would seek shelter and be difficult to see.

Good luck! I find that if it's raining in the morning, the crowds are a lot lighter! I've had some of the best times at Disney in the rain. Just wear light clothes and let yourself get wet!

I'll take DHS for the rain. Seems to me just about every attraction is indoors. I would pass on AK first if possible.

Whenever we have been there with a lot of rain we normally go to Epcot. There are a lot of things there that are indoors and we were told last year by a CM that the only ride that closes in bad weather is test track. We normally did the rides in the land (soarin and the boat ride) and then hit the Nemo ride and looked at the aquariums and did Turtle talk and then hit the Ellen ride and Journey into imagination. Spaceship earth is also great because after the ride you have all the virtual games to play.

There is a lot you can do in MK in the rain too.

I was there one time in a t-storm at AK, it was the afternoon we arrived at AKV. The safari was open but everything else outside was closed, including the trails. The animals were still out on the safari, but we had like a 60 min standby wait (all fastpass gone).

I do think that AK is the worst for rain. Everything is primarily outdoors. And I don't know if the animals would seek shelter and be difficult to see.

This year was the only time we attended AK WITHOUT it raining.
In previous years it has ALWAYS rained during our visit to this park.
We have ridden the safari and saw tons of animals while it rained. The driver said the rain actually brings a lot of the animals out instead of sending them into hiding. That being said, a lot of the rides were closed.

We were at MK in the rain. We rode It's a Small World over and over again. My 3 year old loved it and we kept dry. We wore ponchos and didn't worry about it just like most everyone else.

None of them are really all that terrific. If I had to choose, I'd go with MK or DHS.

Worst for me is Epcot. Although a lot of stuff is inside, the stores in WS are absolutely packed with people trying to get out of the weather, and a lot of the little food/drink kiosks are closed.

We were there last week and the forecast for Wednesday was 100% chance of rain, with up to 2" possible! We were planning on Epcot that day, but switched up our plans and took an off day instead, and spent it at Downtown Disney.

Not sure about the worst, but I think Epcot is the best. It's got so much wide open space compared to the other parks, so you can stroll around pretty comfortably with an umbrella. And lots at World Showcase to do inside that takes awhile and keeps you out of the rain - O Canada!, Reflections of China, Impressions de France, Maelstrom, Gran Fiesta Tour. And then there's all the stuff in Future World. Heck, go see Ellen's Energy Adventure. That's what, like 3 hours long, right? :rotfl:By the time that thing's over, it'll probably be done raining!

We were at MK last week in the rain, and for about a 3 hour period, we walked on almost any ride we wanted. As a bonus, I did not have to worry about getting wet on Splash:thumbsup2

The good thing about rain is that it keeps many visitors away! Mk and DHS are good for rainy days I think

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter