• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best week February thru March?

Mickeycrazy

Mouseketeer
Hey all,
Going to change my plans for our 2006 trip. I think I can snag a week (10 day visit) rather than a 4 day weekend. What's the best weekend in February or March? We went the first week of February this year, it was very crowded. We had Mardi Gras, Super Bowl,and The National Cheerleading competition. The parks were very crowded. What is the best week in that 2 month period? I know Presidents week is to be avoided. Any thoughts?

I'd vote for the week after President's Day week. The school holiday is over and Spring Break hasn't kicked in yet.

I agree with Bob P. I've gone that week a few times and it's usually pretty good. You definitely want to stay away from President's Day but the later you get in March the more Spring Break trips you'll run into.

In the past we have gone in early Feb and have avoided the cheerleaders. According to www.varsity.com the national cheerleader competition is Feb 10-13. We are going to avoid this time.
p.s. I found out about the varsity web site on allearsnet tips. :cheer2: :cheer2:

1st of all....I think people come down to hard on the cheerleaders. They are there for a comp and thats why they are so pumped up. They are NOT at all bad people. I went down for cheerleading comp and not once did I see one cheerleader act out or bad.

I think March is great. We had a blast.

President's Day in 2006 is Feb. 20. Mardi Gras Day is Feb. 28. Most schools will have off this entire week (feb. 27-mar 3) if they are in N.O., Mobile, etc. We are staying at CBR Feb. 25-Mar 2. I have heard from people who visited during Mardi Gras week that this week is not crowded. :confused3 I'm hoping for a light crowd since this week is after President's day but before Spring Break kicks in. We last visited Thanksgiving week in 2003 and it was SO crowded- we missed so much that I hope to make up on this trip!

Info form Louisiana...The kids are off the week of February 27th thru March 3rd. We have nearly 25 families going from the high school i teach at including half of our faculty. Most people want to escape the insanity of Mardi Gras including my yankee husband who just doesn't quite get it. Hope this helps. ::MinnieMo

Mickeycrazy said:
Hey all,
Going to change my plans for our 2006 trip. I think I can snag a week (10 day visit) rather than a 4 day weekend. What's the best weekend in February or March? We went the first week of February this year, it was very crowded. We had Mardi Gras, Super Bowl,and The National Cheerleading competition. The parks were very crowded. What is the best week in that 2 month period? I know Presidents week is to be avoided. Any thoughts?

We have been to WDW the last three years around the first week of March. Crowds fluctuate, but are very manageable in general if you do your research and go to the right parks on the right days. It does get more crowded as you get into mid-March in our experience, but still nothing like summer or Christmas.

We went from March 1-9 in 2003 and the crowds were not bad at all. We usually go in September which we like because the parks are not too crowded at all then but we didn't think the first week in March was bad at all in terms of being crowded.

We will be off only two days for Mardi Gras this year. But I can console myself with a trip to WDW for a few days in March. We will be there for a cheerleading competition March 9th through the 14th. I believe the danceline competition is the weekend before. We were there this year for Mardi Gras and I thought the crowds were very moderate. For those of you trying to avoid the cheer/dance competions check VARSITY.COM, I believe there are actually four sets of dates in Feb and March. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter