• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best way ..

domiii

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!
to be among the last to disembark the ship the last day? Our flight isn't until 2:55 and I am not certain my crew will be every happy about a 3-4 hour wait in Orlando International!

We have early seating for dinner, so we HAVE to eat breakfast first, is that true? I know this was asked and answered, but are there any breakfast alternatives to the dining rooms that last morning?

I am trying to make sure BIL doesn't go off the deep end that last day, so whatever I can do to make it all a little nicer, smoother and take our time, the better!

Really not too long We had a 630 flight out one year. Played games with the kids and shopped. You can kill two hours easy shopping. Nice Disney store. Or the Hyatt has day rates you can use there pool or laze in the room and watch TV. Usually get to the airport around 10:30am

You can eat the buffet rather than your assigned restaurant, then you can leave as late as possible.

There is an arcade at the airport, so bring $$$ for the kids! I like to browse through the bookstores and other shops, and they also have a day spa where the "big kids" can get a neck massage...such a nice way to relax before your flight. If you eat early and they get hungry before the flight (or if you want to bring food onboard), there is a huge food court, too (as well as sit-down restaurants).
Barb

There is quite a lot to see and do at the Orlando airport. I read somewhere once that if your kids haven't been to Disneyworld, you can spend a couple of hours at the Orlando airport and tell them they have been to Disney afterall!

:earsboy:

They want everyone off the ship by 9:30 the latest.....so have breakfast up at Topsider's and linger around a bit...you don't have to eat at early seating, but you cannot eat at the later seating in the dining room as you will be seating in the late seating person's seat....but you can go to breakfast anytime you want at Topsider's....it is not the full buffet but enough kill those hunger pangs..

We've had our flights out of MCO between 5:30-6:30 both times...and although we had a long time to wait in the airport..it went by fairly fast. Like others have said there's ALOT to do there...it's almost like a smaller mall. ....Even has a good sized food court.

We aimed to be one of the last off the ship this past October...and ended up doing a fairly good job. We simply took our time. Instead of going to our scheduled breakfast we ended up going to Topsiders (we were actually not ready intime to make it to our scheduled breakfast). Anyway we took our trays from Topsiders out to deck 9 and really took our time eating. We also made some last min purchases at Shutters and hung out in the Atrium a little then strolled off the ship. I still think we were off by 9:30 but we were in no way rushed.

You just have to keep in mind they need to get the ship all ready for the new cruisers to board a little after noon the day your leaving. One big help with that is to get out of your room ASAP so they can start cleaning it and getting it in order. Also....remember you can not leave things in your room when you go to breakfast...you have to take it all with you.

We were told that we didn't have to be out of the room until 8, and off of the ship until 9. There's the buffet at Beach Blanket/Topsiders that you can do at your leisure to get a little extra time onboard.

scrapperjill i see you went to shutters that morning? what time do they open?, what time do they close? are any of the other ship stores open that day? i thought they were all closed while in any port?

thanks, dee

Shutters opens early that morning...I'm not sure how long they're open...we didn't hang around to long to find out. :) As for other shops....I don't think anything else is open that morning. :rolleyes: But I know the "stores" stay open until around mid-night on the last night....I'm not sure exactly if it's mid-night or what...But I do know we went there after the final farewell deal in the atrium...and that didn't even start until after 10pm. :earsboy:

Go and shop for a while. There are lots of places to shop in the rea of Orlando....not jsut Disney!! You can go to the outlet malls. Even if you ahve Disney transportation you can rent a car for a small price.

Try to get guest passes for your airline's Presidential Club (that's what Continental calls it- each airline is different) at the airport. Sometimes you can get them through the frequent flier club or off of ebay. I fly Continental a lot and I have a pass to the President's Club. The club has free drinks and eats plus a large TV room. They also have smaller private rooms with TVs and VCRs (some even have movies on hand).

We live here and there is a lot to do including our newest mall "Millenia". There are lots of restaurants and stores just a short taxi ride from the airport.

Canaveral National Seashore or jetty beach park is close to the boat if you are not beached out. Kennedy Space Center is also nearby.

If you want any info let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter