What's the best way to pay?

vivianmarie244

Mouseketeer
My family of four and my parents will be staying in a 2 bedroom at OKW. We will paying for everything (meals, souvenirs, etc.) with Disney Rewards. Since we need to keep it separate from my rewards and my parents rewards, what is the best way to pay? Use our individual magic bands and split everything up at the hotel or physically use our rewards cards to pay at the restaurants and stores? I want to make sure we keep everything separate with the least amount of work. TIA

EASY = 1 credit card....tie all magic bands to it and go.

Before you check out, go to the front desk with any reward or gift cards you have and apply them to the balance due on the room.

EASY = 1 credit card....tie all magic bands to it and go.

Before you check out, go to the front desk with any reward or gift cards you have and apply them to the balance due on the room.

My understanding is that once you reach a certain dollar value, they will charge your credit card. Since we will be using two different rewards cards, I need to keep the charges separate so that we aren't using my parents rewards or vice versa. But I don't want to run down to the front desk every day to keep that from happening if possible.

My understanding is that once you reach a certain dollar value, they will charge your credit card. Since we will be using two different rewards cards, I need to keep the charges separate so that we aren't using my parents rewards or vice versa. But I don't want to run down to the front desk every day to keep that from happening if possible.

just holds....they never charge your card until the morning of your check out...about 4am

I get texts for every charge on my amex......when at Disney.......I get notified of the hold going up....but 1 final "charge" at the end

The other option is to go to the from desk on day 1, and apply all your money as a credit...pre pay.....they will gladly take your money up front

I bought a disney gift card with my points then added another card I bought from target to it. I took a screen shot of the e card and made it my phone background. I got so many compliments from CMs it was so easy to use.

We stayed in a two bedroom a few years ago with another family. The front desk was able to set our bands up separately for charges. I’m not sure if that is bc they were in the ‘studio’ part of the 2-bedroom that had its own room number? Maybe someone else can chime in on this.
Or if that doesn’t work out when you get there, can your family just pay with your bands (charge to room) and your parents pay by card for purchases? It would stay separate that way.
You can visit the front desk every couple days and the night before you check out to pay down your balance with your reward card before it charges your credit card. (That is what we do.)
I would still ask at the resort if they can set it up separate when you check in.

My family of four and my parents will be staying in a 2 bedroom at OKW. We will paying for everything (meals, souvenirs, etc.) with Disney Rewards. Since we need to keep it separate from my rewards and my parents rewards, what is the best way to pay? Use our individual magic bands and split everything up at the hotel or physically use our rewards cards to pay at the restaurants and stores? I want to make sure we keep everything separate with the least amount of work. TIA
I think the best way to pay to make sure that only the rewards card is charged is to physically use it when making purchases. It is treated like a Disney gift card. Mobile orders will automatically charge the credit card on file unless you change it to make a payment on your rewards card. You will have to enter the rewards card number every time you make a mobile order, so it is a bit tedious, but can be done.

When you get to your resort go to the front desk and they will be able to set individuals up to go on separate cards. That's what my sisters and I did on or March trip. My daughter and mine was on my card, my middle sister was alone on hers and my oldest sister and her two girls were on hers. We would just stop by the registration desk periodically and pay on our balance. They only put a hold on your cards, not actually charge them.

I agree with above that using the actual rewards cards will be by far the easiest way to keep purchases separate. Yes, the front desk can set up the MBs so that some charge to one credit card and some to another, but then you have to go to the front desk periodically to pay down the balances with the rewards cards. And sometimes the charges don't go to the correct CC number. If you want to use the rewards cards for mobile orders, just save the rewards card number as a note on your phone, so you can copy and paste it into MDE when needed. (Mobile orders will default to the CC that's linked to the MDE account, but you are given the choice to use a different CC, Apple/Google Pay, or a GC/rewards card when checking out.)

This seems like a lot of room for error, and the phone waits are ridiculous. I'd just manually use the rewards cards and skip the magic bands, to make sure it doesn't get messed up.

Just be very careful in the mobile order checkout. I'd carry a sharpie and write on the cards.

just holds....they never charge your card until the morning of your check out...about 4am

I get texts for every charge on my amex......when at Disney.......I get notified of the hold going up....but 1 final "charge" at the end

The other option is to go to the from desk on day 1, and apply all your money as a credit...pre pay.....they will gladly take your money up front

I had a major problem doing that. I needed super high level clearance (LOL) before they did it. At the time, they did NOT want a credit on the account. Not sure how it is going now....this was pre COVID and pre $100 authorization holds. I'd love to hear other experiences because I'd love to do this as well.

I think the most reliable way would be to hand someone your credit card when making a purchase. This insures the desired card gets charged each time and you can keep everything separate. Since it sounds like you are all in one room, that is what I would do. Even if the front desk could relate each magic band to a different credit card (not sure if they can), think using the actual card desired for a specific purchase would make the most sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter