What's the best way to meet Mickey these days?

wrighter

DIS Veteran
We just booked a family reunion trip to WDW for this coming Easter week. We know it will be crowded! :-)

My nephew will be 4 at the time of the trip, and meeting Mickey will be a high priority. As my kids are older, it has been a few years since we've done any character M&G's, and so much has changed since then.

What is the "best" way to meet Mickey? I know this is a somewhat subjective question, but we're open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks!

We like the Mickey and Minnie in Animal Kingdom. You can get a FP for it and since there isn't much else in AK that you need a FP for, it's a good use of one. And they look super cute in their safari outfits :)

Lots of ways! Mickey has a M&G at each major park :)

MK- Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater. Pretty cool and you probably won't wait too long, especially if it's the first or last thing you do.
Epcot- Character Spot, where you can also meet Minnie and Pluto.
AK- Mickey and Minnie can be found together at Adventurers Outpost in Discovery Island
DHS- Here you can meet Sorcerer Mickey at the Magic Of Disney Animation attraction. It's just inside with Mickey on the left side of the room down the steps.

We prefer to book an ADR that has the character we are looking for (in your case Mickey). We like the characters to "come to us" versus seeking them out. :goodvibes

You can meet Mickey at Ohana breakfast, Chef Mickey's (any meal), Tusker House breakfast (and Lunch, I think), Cape May Cafe Breakfast...and if I'm missing any, I'm sure someone will chime in. :goodvibes

Mickey is at all 4 parks (also Chef Mickeys). AK is probably the best option for FP. Another option would be at MK after using your 1st three you likely could get a FP. OFten times wait times will go down, especially later in the day, at EPCOT. I would choose the AK FP and then see how things go at the other parks.

Use a FP at EPCOT at the Character Spot. What else are you going to use a Tier 2 FP for there?

We prefer to book an ADR that has the character we are looking for (in your case Mickey). We like the characters to "come to us" versus seeking them out. :goodvibes

You can meet Mickey at Ohana breakfast, Chef Mickey's (any meal), Tusker House breakfast (and Lunch, I think), Cape May Cafe Breakfast...and if I'm missing any, I'm sure someone will chime in. :goodvibes

Mickey isn't at Cape May, it's Minnie, Donald, and Goofy in beach wear, they look really cute. But he is at all the others and Garden Grill in Epcot :goodvibes

Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy are at the character breakfast at the Four Seasons - held Thursdays and Saturdays.

We found the talking Mickey at MK to be a bit creepy. Plus it seemed like he was pre-programmed in what he said- it looked like some of the smaller kids didn't quite get why he wasn't really answering the specific questions they asked. Some people do love the talking version though. You might look at some you tube videos and see what you think. I would say use one of your Tier 2 FPs for the Character Spot at EPCOT. Mickey is in his regular clothes there, and you will also get to see Minnie and Goofy too, with just the one line for all 3 meets. Someone above said Minnie and Pluto meet at the EPCOT character spot, but I believe it is now Goofy and that Pluto meets outside near the front of the park daily instead.

Chef Mickey's.

The food isn't the best, but it is the best way to meet the most major characters at once without losing park touring time or waiting in queue. It's kind of pricey too. But, you can do it on a non-park day (e.g. travel day).

Hands down, the talking Mickey is THE BEST. Our little one was in a pirate costume when she met him and he asked her where the treasure was. It was so cool!

He was the very last thing we did before we left, which was a nice way to end our trip!

We just booked a family reunion trip to WDW for this coming Easter week. We know it will be crowded! :-)

My nephew will be 4 at the time of the trip, and meeting Mickey will be a high priority. As my kids are older, it has been a few years since we've done any character M&G's, and so much has changed since then.

What is the "best" way to meet Mickey? I know this is a somewhat subjective question, but we're open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks!

If you are going to rope drop Magic Kingdom then just hang right and go directly in to see him. Everyone is so focused on that pic of the castle or heading to Anna & Else or the dwarves that it is not crowded at all. We are usually the first family to see him by doing this and you get a certificate, stickers and a little extra time.

Thanks!

I try to get Tusker House breakfast ADR at AK...... guaranteed to meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy.

Lots of ways! Mickey has a M&G at each major park :)

MK- Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater. Pretty cool and you probably won't wait too long, especially if it's the first or last thing you do.
Epcot- Character Spot, where you can also meet Minnie and Pluto.
AK- Mickey and Minnie can be found together at Adventurers Outpost in Discovery Island
DHS- Here you can meet Sorcerer Mickey at the Magic Of Disney Animation attraction. It's just inside with Mickey on the left side of the room down the steps.

I didn't even know there was a talking Mickey until this post. I looked up a few youtube videos and its seems pretty neat.

Anyone have personal experience?

I didn't even know there was a talking Mickey until this post. I looked up a few youtube videos and its seems pretty neat.

Yes, and I'm in the he's a bit on the creepy side. I want to like it but just can't get on board

My kids (2 and 4) met the talking Mickey at MK a few weeks ago. They were in AWE. Even us adults thought he was the coolest ever. Not creepy at all! My 2 year old ran right up to him and gave him a hug (and he is typically VERY shy around strangers). But since there are videos of the talking Mickey on Youtube, you could probably watch a few and form your own opinion.

We all thought meeting Mickey was one of the highlights of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter