What's the best vacation rental or timeshare resort for a Sea World/Legoland trip?

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
So we are considering going back to Orlando next summer to visit Sea World and Legoland. We are also considering staying at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort for this trip, but are now thinking we should look into renting a vacation house or condo for a full week to have a more relaxing vacation. This would allow us to plan two days at both Sea World and Legoland, a water park day, and still have one non-travel day left over during the week to just relax without anything planned. I like that a condo or vacation house would provide us with our own kitchen to prepare meals so that we won't have to eat fast food or take out all the time. I also like the idea of having our own washer and dryer for the week so we can pack less. Since we wouldn't plan on going to any of the Disney parks for this particular trip, I would prefer a vacation rental or timeshare that is closer to the Sea World area. I've looked into Floridays resort as well as Marriott's Harbour Lake resort since they both have great reviews, spacious two bedroom condos, and great pool areas for the kids; but their per night rates seem kind of pricey. Any suggestions? Thanks :thumbsup2

I am an HGVC owner and we really like the HGVC Sea World location. It is consistently clean, the pools are fun, the little cafe by the pool has pretty good food and it is a great location for Sea World.

The SeaWorld neighborhood includes several very nice timeshare resorts. I tend to prefer a couple of the Marriott's - Cypress Harbour and Grande Vista. But the Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld International and the Sheraton Vistana Villages are both very nice resorts. I suspect that the newer HGVC International Drive is also quite nice.
I'd select one of these resorts because of their quality, their proximity to SeaWorld and their convenience to I-4.

Dick Taylor

I vote for Sheraton Vistana Villages!!! It's just down the road from SeaWorld and is a wonderful choice!!

Here is a link with all the info.. if you have any questions, please send me an email.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/Sheraton/Villages/index.html

T.:)

Thank you. I didn't know that Sheraton Vistana was close to Sea World. I have looked into this resort before for our past Disney trip and I really like it. Any suggestions on how to book a nice rate for the summer? Thanks :thumbsup2

I have never had a better vacation experience than at Marriott Grande Vista. Service was waaaaaay beyond anything I would ever expect. Then we stayed at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve. It was even nicer! You can't go wrong with a Marriott.

We stayed at Harbour Lake in Sept and it was very relaxing. We have never been to a waterpark so my boys (6 and 3) were blown away by the pool areas. It is right by Seaworld, maybe 1/2 mile with nothing in between. Also right by I-4 but once inside the resort did not feel like we were right on top of the freeway. Loved it and plan to go back one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter