Whats the best time to eat at California Grill?

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
I have eaten at California grill twice before, we both really enjoy it. What I don't care for is the MASSES of people that seem to converge there during or near Wishes. I though the whole limiting access to those with ADR's would fix this but it didn't seem to atleast the last time we were there (about two years ago). Is there a good time to have a somewhat peaceful meal? I was hoping to maybe eat there and then after dessert go out on the deck and watch the fireworks, or if that won't work well then have enough time to get back to Magic Kingdom. Not looking for a prime viewing spot but time enough to get back there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance!

Jennifer

You can eat earlier, then walk around the resort, then go back up to the deck by showing your dinner receipt.

I always make my reservation for around sunset time, and have seen some beautiful sunsets :). Trying to time your dinner to Wishes can be tricky-there's no guarantee of a table by the window, and it does get really crowded. As someone else posted, you can come back up and view Wishes from the observation deck :)

The only way for a peaceful meal is to go when they first open, or way late after the place empties of fireworks viewers.

I agree. We go at 5:30 or 6pm and most times of the year are gone before Wishes.

Sunset is lovely there although we always request the wine room which faces SE. It has a peaceful view of Bay Lake.

We are eating at 5:45...hopefully the place will not be mobbed and I can have a nice view of MK

I agree with other posters. I always make my ADRs for 5:30 or 5:45 and we have gotten a window seat each time. I too think that watching MK as the sun is setting is just as pretty as seeing Wishes from up there. Plus you can watch the hustle and bustle of MK and watch people go down Splash Mountain. After our meal, we always walk around the resort and then when it is time to watch Wishes, we head back up and get a glass of wine, then go out to the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter