What's the best off-site for Xmas?

MsMulan

Mouseketeer
I would like to take my dd to WDW during her holiday break. We will probably leave right after Christmas and return on Jan 4,2007. I would like to split the trip into 2 segments (1st off site and the 2nd on-site). Can anyone recommend good off-site accommodations for the Christmas season? :santa:

What kind of budget do you have?

What is the minimum quality you would accept? (5-star to 1-star)

Will you have a rental car?

Will you be visiting Universal?

What resort will you be staying at when you switch to Onsite? (That may help to narrow the search to your taste.)

Steve

If you don't have a set budget, definitely stay at Gaylord Palms. They have the Ice Exhibit, & go all out for the holidays. :santa:

I was looking into the Celebration hotel myself, the town creates snow every evening in the downtown area.

The celebration hotel sounds neat. Personally though, I would make the whole stay on-site. We went down over Christmas and stayed at the Sheraton Safari. It's a real short drive or walk to DTD, but that's all! The other parks took a long time to get to. We used the hotel's bus service initially, but got so frustrated with the specific times and locations you had to meet it, we ended up driving our own car to the parks the rest of the time. The Safari hotel buses were ratty, the driver didn't speak english, they asked for tips, and dropped you off and picked you up way out in the ghetto parking lot that's about a mile away from the front gate. Anyway, when we drove our own car it was like $8 or $10 to park in the disney lots and it was a time consuming hassle to get to and fro. We decided we would never stay off site again. But...it's completely up to you so either way have a super time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter