What's the best deal you've ever gotten for a resort?

CapeCodTenor

Dis Veteran; Dis Dads #865
Just curious as to what everyone's best deal for a resort they ever got? I've only ever stayed at the Port Orleans - French Quarter and I paid $85 a night for it. Granted that was because I was a cast member with The Disney Stores so I got up to half off, but still a good deal.

I should have mentioned that I'm currently planning for a trip in fall (at least right now it's for the fall) of 2017 and unless I can find a really good deal on a moderate, I'm most likely going with a value resort.

I can't remember how much I paid but when I first got my AP, AAA still had a deal with Disney and gave discounts. I got my AAA discount and it happened Disney was doing the 30% off for AP so I got that on top of my AAA discount.

in 2001, we got AP's. We did 3 trips that year - One is November, one (DH & I) in May, and then another in October (MNSSHP). Each of the trips - I paid $49/night at All Star Music with the AP discount. Best Disney Year EVER. LOL

Mine was ages ago - maybe in 2007? It was when Disney offered the stay 4 nights, get 3 nights free offer. There sure hasn't been any deals like that since!

I think lately the best deal I've found was at 25% off a moderate last year I think it was.
FairyTale Packages I think they were called. I had one back in '03!!! Pay or 4 nights, get the next 3 free! We were booked at POR...then the deal came out and we moved to WL....then the Polynesian was added to the list. I ended up at the Polynesian for the same amount I was going to pay for POR!!! Man that was nice.
Other than that, I got Pop, many years ago, for about $80 a night.

I used orbitz a few times last year when Disney was offering 30% off, stacked with an Orbitz promo for an additional 15% off of that price. Came out to 40.5% off the rack rate.

4 nights SSR studio, 10-day park hoppers and regular dining plan for 2 adults.. Total cost was $735. It was an internet glitch on a travel website. I brought it to their attention, but they honored the price. The tickets alone would have cost me more than what I paid for the entire package.

A few years back I paid $61 for POP during low season with free dining. We did it again the following year for $69/night. My trip coming up is at AKL Jambo DVC Studio...I purchased the necessary points at $8/each, so equivalent to $115/night savannah view studio.

Stayed at the Wilderness Lodge right after it opened in 1994. Magic Kingdom Club was offering a special discount the first few weeks the resort was open. I can't remember exactly but it was about a 50% discount.

Also, stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in December 2001 which was right after 9/11. Again, received a great discount (around 45%), either MKC or annual passholder, and then was upgraded to concierge level!

We rented points to stay at Kidani village and paid approximately $177 a night through that method.

The good ole days:)
$49 for value
$89 for CSR
Most recent:)
Next month $229 GF-LV (Thanks to being upgraded from WL do to construction).

About 7 or 8 years ago we got free dining through our Chase Disney Visa and we were able to combine that with a room discount at POFQ which was probably around 30% off. Unfortunately, we haven't had any offers we can combine since.

I've paid $49 for ASM, and $79 for POR and other mod's several times. I got the Poly in 2002 for 50% off, a free 7 day park hopper for myself, and 50% off park hoppers for my family as a 9/11 first responder.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter