What's the Best Counter Service?

becfehr

DIS Veteran
Just trying to make plans. Wanted to know what everyone's best counter service is. And specify which park it is in. Looking for MK and Epcot CS.

DH always has to eat at the counter service in Mexico in World Showcase. He loves mexican food, and greatly prefers this over the sitdown restuarant there. I think it is called Cantina de San Angel.

In MK, I really like Pecos Bills. Its back by Splash Mountain.

I just got back on this thread to say we had a nice meal at columbia harbor house as well.

I just got back yesterday. We ate at Columbia Harbor House and at Cosmic Rays in MK, I much preferred Cosmic Rays. The atmosphere was nice at Columbia Harbor House, but the food was lacking. Cosmic Rays seems to have more variety. We were on the dining plan. I got the rib and chicken platter, it had 1/2 chicken and some ribs, baked beans and fries. It was plenty for two people.

My favorite counter service was at the Coronado Springs Resort/Hotel. I was able to get a Ribeye, baked potato and grilled veggies for my counter service there. The hot wings are pretty good there too.

At Epcot, we ate at the Electric Umbrella. It was decent too.

Elizabeth

At the MK
* Columbia Harbor House
* Cosmic Rays

At Epcot
* Yakitori House

At AK
* Tusker House
* Flame Tree BBQ

At MGM
* No where, its' all bad

At the MK, our favorite has been the Tomorrowland Terrance Noodle Station. We weren't thrilled with anything else but Cosmic Ray's - not sure why everyone loves Columbia Harbor House, it's very mediocre to us.

At Epcot, hands down the new Sunshine Seasons. The variety and quality are excellent. Over in the World Showcase, we also like the Tangierine Cafe and the French bakery (yes, even for a meal).

We try to stay away from CS at MGM and AK...haven't had anything good at either park. We'll hopefully be trying the Studio Catering Co at MGM soon, though, I've heard good things about that place. AK we just eat outside of the park.

Pinnochio's Village House in the MK.

The Food Court at The Land in EPCOT. (I forget what it is called)

Flame Tree BBQ at AK.

robinb said:
At the MK
* Columbia Harbor House
* Cosmic Rays

At Epcot
* Yakitori House

At AK
* Tusker House
* Flame Tree BBQ

At MGM
* No where, its' all bad

I agree completely with this post -
Cosmic Rays has tons of seating and variety - great choice.
I was really surprised that some recommended Mexico in Epcot and Peco Bills in MK because that was some of the yuckiest Mexican I've had and the worst service.

Have to disagree with the rave reviews of Columbia Harbour House. The portions were tiny and it was the only meal on the whole trip where we all left still hungry.

In response to "MGM - nothing, all bad"... the Backlot Express, back near the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground, has some very interesting and tasty options, like a turkey/swiss sammich with red pepper and arugula.

Here's a list I made for my group.

Whack's Guide to Counter Service Food

Or

I’m Hungry NOW! Where do We Eat!

Magic Kingdom

Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland: Serves chicken, pork ribs, grilled chicken sandwiches, and the usual fried fair. Among the best in the Magic Kingdom.

Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Café in Frontierland: Burgers and chili, as well as the usual fried fare. It has a great fixin’s station to load up your burger or dog.

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station in Tomorrowland: Asian inspired noodle dishes and salads. A nice change from the fried stuff and meat heavy entrées.

Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland: Likely to be crowded, this used to be a poor choice. Now with a revised menu including antipasto salads and Italian themed sandwiches, it may be worth a try.

Epcot (tons of good choices here)

Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in Norway: Open faced sandwiches with good meats and cheeses. Salads, interesting dessert choices.

Sommerfest in Germany: Great place for a bloatwurst :goodvibes with Kraut. The apple strudel isn’t bad either.

Sunshine Season Food Fair in The Land Pavillion: This is one of the best in Epcot for counter service. There is a wood fired grill station, a sandwich shop, and an Asian cooking station. Highly recommended!

Tangerine Café in Morocco: Chicken and lamb shawarma, hummus, tabouleh, chicken with couscous, tabouleh wraps.

Yakatori House in Japan: descent quality rice bowls with chicken, beef, tempura shrimp, etc. chestnut cake.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the United Kingdom: UK inspired fish and chips.

MGM Studios

Not much good to eat here. Catch as catch can, or back to the resort to eat.

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree Barbecue: St. Louis ribs, smoked chicken halves, smoked beef, pork, or chicken sandwiches, BBQ chicken salad.

Tusker House Restaurant: Rotisserie chicken, grilled salmon, turkey wraps, chicken salad, mac and cheese for the kids, and bakery items.

Hands down - Tusker House at AK! We absolutely love it. What can you say when three children request a side order of corn chowder because they loved it so much the last time. Enjoy! :teacher:

At the MK~ for Breakfast, the main street bakery is a sure winner. Also, we ALWAYS hit Cosmic Rays for lunch or dinner.

At Epcot, if you are adventure eaters, like my DH, try something new for you (japanese, morroccan etc...) at the WS. If you are not, the Sunshine Seasons in The Land at FW cant be beat!

Therapeutic Smile said:
In response to "MGM - nothing, all bad"... the Backlot Express, back near the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground, has some very interesting and tasty options, like a turkey/swiss sammich with red pepper and arugula.
Are you sure that's the Backlot Express? I thought that was the Studio Catering Co.

I think the Backlot is the CS by Star Tours...we ate there last trip and the food was HORRIBLE. YUCK!

robinb said:
At the MK
* Columbia Harbor House
* Cosmic Rays

At Epcot
* Yakitori House

At AK
* Tusker House
* Flame Tree BBQ

At MGM
* No where, its' all bad

That's funny!!!! about MGM but very true Question? Never been to Yakitori house which I presume is in Japan? where is the counter service & what can you get?

For burgers and fries, we love Pecos Bills in MK. Great fixins bar.
At Epcot we are a fan of the Fish and Chips window in the UK. Something different from the same old counter service and we loved it.

Counter Service Favorites:

MK: Cosmic Ray's IS #1
Epcot: Mexican Cantina, Yakitori, but we really prefer all the great table service spots
AK: Pizzafari
MGM: none
princess: pirate: :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter