What's so great about TSM?

My wife and I have never done TSM and we're trying to gauge whether or not it'll be worth bull running or waiting when we're there in May. I have three questions about it:

1) I wear glasses but not contacts. Will I be able to wear the 3D glasses over my glasses without having them fall off?

2) Neither of us are huge fans of either shooter video games or shooting galleries in general. Is TSM essentially a really well done, high tech video shooting gallery, or is there something more to it?

3) Many folks talk about how they love it because they're so competitive. I possess the competitiveness of a rock. A slacker rock. Do you think being competitive is a prerequisite for enjoying TSM?

Opinions solicited.

You get to shoot stuff!! :hyper:

And the old man (that would be me) is still King of TSM in this family!!! :yay:

They get another shot at the title this June :laughing:

Toy Story is one of the top brands to come out of Disney/Pixar in the past 15 years. The attraction itself has a different dynamic than most of the other attractions at WDW because of the interactive element. As others have mentioned, even the queue area is cool. Maybe it isn't for everybody, but it is one of the best executed attractions on property. When you narrow the field down the the entertainment available at DHS, its stock rises even higher.:earsboy:

My wife and I have never done TSM and we're trying to gauge whether or not it'll be worth bull running or waiting when we're there in May. I have three questions about it:

1) I wear glasses but not contacts. Will I be able to wear the 3D glasses over my glasses without having them fall off?

2) Neither of us are huge fans of either shooter video games or shooting galleries in general. Is TSM essentially a really well done, high tech video shooting gallery, or is there something more to it?

3) Many folks talk about how they love it because they're so competitive. I possess the competitiveness of a rock. A slacker rock. Do you think being competitive is a prerequisite for enjoying TSM?

Opinions solicited.

1. Prior to my lasik days I rode this attraction with glasses and had no problem. You should be fine.

2. IMHO, just as you said, I think it is a really well done, high tech video shooting gallery and not much more. Personally for me, the Que is more interesting than the ride.

3. I am a fairly competitive person, but I didn't feel the urge to be competitive whenever I ride TSM. As for not being competitive and enjoying it, sure, I think you can just shoot it up and have fun without having the testosterone kick in and try to beat everyone in your party. :lmao:

As for the running of the bulls. I personally don't think there is a single attraction or event anywhere that is worth the risk of harming others, your kids or yourself. There are those who say it's no danger and that I am wrong. I say it's only a matter of time before someone does get hurt at a rope drop racing to TSM ( I hope I'm never proven right). Rope drop at DHS is unlike any of the rope drops at the other parks; INSANE.

With all that said, at least try the ride, you may like it. It's a neat little ride, but way over hyped IMHO. Go there at rope drop and stay out of the mad dash. Walk behind the insane crowd and walk to TSM get your FP and then head over to RnRc and ToT. :thumbsup2

Opinions solicited.

I've only ridden the one at DL (2x at WDW with lines 120+ :confused3), but if they're the same....

I wear glasses too and the 3d glasses fit right over my glasses.

It's not "gun" type shooting, more like ring toss and balloon popping. You pull on the cord instead of pulling a trigger.

I don't think competitiveness is a prerequisite to enjoying TSM.

Try it once, it never hurts. You might find you'll enjoy it as much as the rest of us. It really is fun.

If you use FastPass for TSM, do you miss the cool queue, or is it after you merge with the standby queue?

If you use FastPass for TSM, do you miss the cool queue, or is it after you merge with the standby queue?

There's a FastPass for TSM? Please let me know. There has never been a Fastpass at DL. It used to be they would have a single rider line but eliminated that a couple of years ago.

There's a FastPass for TSM? Please let me know. There has never been a Fastpass at DL. It used to be they would have a single rider line but eliminated that a couple of years ago.

The Lines app says that right now as I post this there's a 70 minute wait, and the Fastpass time is 2:50 pm.

The Lines app says that right now as I post this there's a 70 minute wait, and the Fastpass time is 2:50 pm.

Awesome! :woohoo: We'll have to check that Fastpass out when we go in April. What Line app do you have? I should probably get that one too.

Thanks!

I think there are several factors for the long line:

1) It's a fun ride
2) It's a family ride
3) The ride was hyped big time by Disney
4) There are not many other family rides like this in DHS

I think 4 is the biggest reason. You have a lot of young families at Disney - kids 7 and under. They can't ride RnRC, they most likely won't ride TOT. There is no StarTours. What does that leave you with - Toy Story Mania. That's it.

Come on Disney - you need to build the Monsters Inc. roller coaster - or something else for the 4-8 year old crowd. Just to lessen this line.

In Disneyland (CA Adevnture) the reason it has no fastpass is because it is surrounded by a bunch of cool rides - including a ton for kids of all ages. We were there last summer and the wait was 30 minutes at peak time. At the same time the wait in DHS was 120 minutes or more!

Was it less hyped in Disneyland? - No
Is it less of a good family ride in Disneyland? - No
Is it any less fun in Disneyland? - No.

Does California Adventure have other good family rides? - YES YES YES
Does DHS? - no no no.

There is your reason for the line.

Come on Disney - give us more rides in DHS - and not just a new movie on StarTours.

It transports you to the world of Toy Story! The entire ride design is pretty outstanding, along with the technology... It keeps you engaged, and me and my family always compete for scores! I am a big fan of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin as well, it has become one of those rides we do as soon as we arrive in the MK the first day, but mostly cuz I'm the only one in my family that can hit the score limit 999,999 GALACTIC HERO :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter