What's so great about Le Cellier?

mirthmaiden

<font color=blue>Toss her some tic tacs and take h
I checked out the menu for Le Cellier before I made my ADR's and there wasn't anything about it that was particularly compelling for me. Yet, the way people go on about it, and the difficulty of getting ADR's, makes me feel like I must be missing out on something great! Tell me what is so great about Le Cellier that I should want to eat there? :confused:

Personally, I don't get it either but I am not a big meat eater so I guess that makes a difference. I find the portions small for the $$$$ you pay. DH loves it there tho so we try to go every trip.

Ummm...don't know! I, too, heard so much about it that I figured it must be fantastic. All the talk about the pretzel bread sticks. But, not being from Canada, they simply seemed like uncurled soft pretzels to me, eh. We were also surprised at how small the restaurant actually is. No wonder ADRs are hard to get. Having said that, give it a try. You may be one of the people who adore the place.

We weren't impressed by it at all - matter of fact, out of 10 table service meals in a week, it was by far our worst exp.

Out of all the great Epcot area restaurants, I wonder why so many choose to eat at a plain 'ol steakhouse. ? American culture, I guess, to gravitate towards the norm. I've had way better steak elsewhere (at lower prices) and MUCH better service. We likely won't be back.

Totally agree with all other posters.....there is nothing special about Le Cellier ...ever had a steak in Canada? (tough, tasteless!!) ....much better steaks can be found elsewhere on WDW - Shula's for example. The restaurant in Norway is a much better (unexpectedly so) choice!

Going to have to agree with the previous posters. We too didn't find anything special about LC. The bread was....fine. Our steaks were....good. Overall, in our humble opinion, it did not live up to the hype.
I suggest you try it sometime though, maybe you'll like it. Just don't be too upset if you don't get in. You're not missing too much :)

We like it and think its good. But it isn't half as good as the hype around it. From the hype, you'd think you were eating at one of the country's great steakhouses - it isn't even one of Disney's great steaks. But its a pretty good value, IMO.

We enjoyed our meal there. It wasn't the best dinner I ever had, but enjoyable. We had to wait a long time, even though we had AR, and as we were leaving, we were given complimentary fast passes to thank us for our patience. I would suggest lunch which is cheaper. The cheddar soup is great. I would be happy going for it alone.

I had read all the hype, so we ate there for ourselves this last trip. We had very attentive but not overbearing service. The food was delicious, and we've eaten at many of the WDW restaurants. It was our favorite meal of the trip, and we are eating there again next trip. For me, that's the test of a good restaurant: can they reproduce good food and good service more than once? If so, I will revisit it.

I encourage you to try it for yourself. I would recommend it to others, and I, too, was skeptical that it could be as good as everyone declares. It was.

The Cheese soup is excellent, the steak was good and we love the bread too. To tell you the truth I look at reviews but don't hold to much focus on them. It's all about taste, kind of like going to the movies half the people rave about how good it was and the other half think it was the worse movie. It's all in what you like. Always try things out for yourself or you'll never know.

I checked out the menu for Le Cellier before I made my ADR's and there wasn't anything about it that was particularly compelling for me. Yet, the way people go on about it, and the difficulty of getting ADR's, makes me feel like I must be missing out on something great! Tell me what is so great about Le Cellier that I should want to eat there? :confused:

Thanks for asking this....
We were planning our Feb trip and had LeCellier on our list to try because of all the good reviews on these boards. However, when we looked at the menu, we decided to skip it. I hate steak and really didn't see anything else to order. We chose to eat at Coral Reef instead and really enjoyed it. Given all of the replies so far, we may not eat there on future trips either!

Aimeedyan said:
Out of all the great Epcot area restaurants, I wonder why so many choose to eat at a plain 'ol steakhouse. ? American culture, I guess, to gravitate towards the norm. I've had way better steak elsewhere (at lower prices) and MUCH better service. We likely won't be back.

I second that. It wasn't that great and I've definitely had better. You can get steak anywhere, anytime. I'd rather have something else while at WS. But to each their own I suppose :)

I had read all the hype, so we ate there for ourselves this last trip. We had very attentive but not overbearing service. The food was delicious, and we've eaten at many of the WDW restaurants. It was our favorite meal of the trip, and we are eating there again next trip. For me, that's the test of a good restaurant: can they reproduce good food and good service more than once? If so, I will revisit it.

I encourage you to try it for yourself. I would recommend it to others, and I, too, was skeptical that it could be as good as everyone declares. It was.

I agree with this poster. This is one of our favorite restaurants in WDW. But, we usually go for lunch. Their steak is fantastic, and IMO, one of the best in WDW. I've heard good things about the other meals as well. I would say just give it a shot for lunch, since it's not as serious as a meal at night would be. It can't hurt to try. :)

I think it is because of the cheaper lunch time prices available for those not on the plan maybe. I am so so about it.

I think for the money Norway or Germany are better. I also enjoy Morroco if you like something more exotic. All 3 have some level of entertainment for you during your meal. Italy was Ok but not great. I never make it in the door of france because why sit down in the restaurant when I can just gorge on sugar filled goodness in the bakery??? I am sure france is great. That just says the bakery is too darn good for me to think about real food when I am there.

Thanks for all the replies. I have ADR's for Biergarten and I think we'll stick with that. Maybe I'll try LC another time, but since I'm not a fan of steak, it won't be high on the list.

We had a very nice meal there overall, but as I've said before, if you start out w/a good piece of Filet Mignon you pretty much have to be a-:joker: to screw it up. We would eat there again, but it's never a priority for us to do so-didn't even try to get an ADR there this year-no interest. My fav's in Epcot are San Angel Inn for the atmosphere and probably Teppanyaki for the food.

We liked LC. Our steaks were cooked well, the service was great during our experience also. You never know what might lead someone to dislike a place. Whereas one person may not care for something, it may not bother someone else at all. I'd try it and judge for yourself.

Many years ago we ate there at the last minute. The server went on and on about how it was PRIME CAnadian beef, yada yada yada. Similar to Kobe beef. The steaks were fork tender! Since then we have dined there on two seperate occasions. Both times there has been no mention of PRIME beef. They seem to have also moved in more tables so that you are almost dining in your neighbor's lap. The service also has gone down, no refills, cold food, etc. We do not do the dining plan so our tip has shown our displeasure. Sending stuff back has been a joke. We much prefer Yachtsman or Concourse for a steak.

I think the food is good, but LC does not wow me like you would expect in the reviews that you read. I think it's a pleasant, average steakhouse, of which there are plenty in my neighborhood.

Many years ago we ate there at the last minute. The server went on and on about how it was PRIME CAnadian beef, yada yada yada. Similar to Kobe beef. The steaks were fork tender! Since then we have dined there on two seperate occasions. Both times there has been no mention of PRIME beef. They seem to have also moved in more tables so that you are almost dining in your neighbor's lap. The service also has gone down, no refills, cold food, etc. We do not do the dining plan so our tip has shown our displeasure. Sending stuff back has been a joke. We much prefer Yachtsman or Concourse for a steak.

Le Cellier spent several years unable to get Canadian beef due to restrictions in import from their Mad Cow outbreak. I believe this has changed and they are back to Canadian beef, but I don't think they went back to the same quality of steak.

We are choosing to avoid it while it is the "darling." It isn't worth the hassle of reserverations, waits, etc. We'll go back when some other restaurant becomes "the best." Because there are plenty of steakhouses outside of WDW, we don't miss it - and because we are WDW regulars, we know we can go back eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter