• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's so bad about Tony's

I really like Tonys though its not always on our radar. I dont eat Italian Sausage out at places, but I really enjoy Tonys, I think it comes in their spaghetti. Its been awhile, but it has been good the times we have been.

Tyandskyesmom, so that is what the Cannelloni supposed to look like. I had a bowl with the rolled up pasta, meat, tons of meat sauce and no cheese at all. Well, maybe three or four shreds on top and about a tablespoon of cream sauce. it was just pasta, hamburger and red sauce. I got my money back on that it was so terrible.

Is Tony's like spaghettio's? Or chef boyardee? Trying to imagine it. When I google pictures, the food doesn't look bad. The consistently bad reviews are scary though.

Last edited:
I have been to Tony's twice. The first time was mediocre at best. The second time we were seated near the back and against a wall. I couldn't eat the food because it was so dirty. The floor looked as though they never swept in the corners, old food sitting on the floor. The worst was how dirty the walls were. Food splatter paint and even the pictures hung on the wall were yellowed and dusty. I couldn't eat. They need to shut Tony's down for a long refurbishment. It has such a good location, why should it be this bad?
Because at Disney, location means you don't have to try. They take full advantage of that.

I never had anything in particular against Tony's but on our last visit several years ago it was just a SLOW meal. However, I feel that way about most of the MK eateries now (except for Skipper Canteen, went when it was still brand new so lots of staff, not a lot of people) but overall I prefer to eat at a MK area resort instead. I prefer the atmosphere and pace better, as well as the more interesting food options! I've had Tony's on my ADR list the last several trips, and ended up changing it once we got down there to an MK area instead, but because of my preference, not because of how bad the reviews have gotten!

We've gone to Tony's and enjoyed it immensely. I have a specific diet and can't eat spicy foods, their spaghetti and sauce was fine for me. My experience may be colored by the fact that Lady and the Tramp was the first Disney movie I ever saw many moons ago, when my Grandparents took me to the movies for the first time.
My husband also has a specific diet and can't eat spicy foods - we always enjoy our meals at Tony's. We try to go every other trip.

We've eaten there on our last 2 trips, admittedly because it was the only thing available but our food was actually pretty good..like others have said maybe on a par with Olive Garden...Both times I had the caeser salad which I really liked..very crispy with fresh large pieces of shaved parmesan...I had the chicken parm once which was pretty average but nothing gross about it; last time I had the cannelloni which i really liked...very meaty with a minimal amount of pasta..hubby always gets the spaghetti and meatballs which he said were very good....

Is Tony's like spaghettio's? Or chef boyardee? Trying to imagine it. When I google pictures, the food doesn't look bad. The consistently bad reviews are scary though.
No, Chey Boyardee is probably better. I think their problem is that they have kitchen staff who don't know how to cook. Stuff comes out every which way.

No, Chey Boyardee is probably better. I think their problem is that they have kitchen staff who don't know how to cook. Stuff comes out every which way.

I think Tony's is the kind of place that people Just LOVE to hate. It's kind of a snowball effect where a poor or average meal makes people join the mob mentality and exaggerate like the above poster because it's what everyone else does. Clearly if it were that bad in reality, people just would simply stop going and you wouldn't have repeat guests.

I think Tony's is the kind of place that people Just LOVE to hate. It's kind of a snowball effect where a poor or average meal makes people join the mob mentality and exaggerate like the above poster because it's what everyone else does. Clearly if it were that bad in reality, people just would simply stop going and you wouldn't have repeat guests.
But the thing is, people consistently give it bad reviews. Like years and years worth. imo this is the worst-rated restaurant in Disney, if you go by what people here say.

I avoided due to reviews but gave it a chance. NEVER again.

1) The unreasonable wait for our table.
2) A dirty dining room (we were in "greenhouse").
3) Horrible service.
4) Food that tasted like it came out of a can. (Dessert was okay)
5) Beyond rude server.

There truly is no excuse for any part of our experience, particularly at Disney prices.

But the thing is, people consistently give it bad reviews. Like years and years worth. imo this is the worst-rated restaurant in Disney, if you go by what people here say.

Yeah ok, but hard to take many opinions seriously when discussion compares it to $1 can of chef Boyardee. Millions of people love Olive Garden and it's similar in quality to that, not food that was canned months ago.

Yeah ok, but hard to take many opinions seriously when discussion compares it to $1 can of chef Boyardee. Millions of people love Olive Garden and it's similar in quality to that, not food that was canned months ago.
I don't get that it is as good as Olive Garden, and I don't really like Olive Garden...

There is a lot of hate for Tony's!

When you see food coming out of the kitchen that doesn't look the same as other food, the staff in the kitchen are having problems making the meals. The Cannelloni that I was served looked nothing like the plate that tyandskyesmom was served. It should look the same and taste the same and use the same ingredients. At least with Chef Boyardee, the results are consistent.

I also don't get the bad reviews. We have eaten there 2 or 3 times and were not disappointed with our meals. We haven't been in probably 2 years but used to enjoy the lunch menu over the dinner menu (it was larger). We will go again sometime for sure.

We ate there back in 2007 because we're Italian and like Italian food, and I wasn't on the Dis nor did I do much research on the restaurants. It was pretty bad, but ok for our kids who were 2 and 5 at the time and only ate basic foods. We went again in 2014 because we hadn't made an ADR for lunch that day, didn't feel like QS and it was the only place in MK we could get in. I have to say the food was below Olive Garden, which we'll eat at if someone invites us out but otherwise we avoid. Dessert was good, though! And we were seated outside and had a great view of the parade. I think, other than the cleanliness and waiting for your table part, it probably does have to do with what you're used to and where you live as others have said. Being from NY AND being Italian we can't handle anything that tastes like jarred sauce or pasta not cooked right. On the other hand, we're probably fine eating Mexican food that would make CaliTex gag lol! No going back for us though; we'd choose QS anytime over Tony's and if we want Italian while in WDW (which we usually do when there or 7 nights or more) we choose Via Napoli. Although I'd like to try Il Mulino, too.

Clearly if it were that bad in reality, people just would simply stop going and you wouldn't have repeat guests.

1) Not so sure.
2) I think it has to do with Crowd Mentality or Herd Mentality (Like Lemmings to the Sea).
3) Look how many people still buy DDP, when it has been shown to not be such a good financial deal for the guest.
4) Or, if they have DDP, they use coupons/credits for eateries where OOP would be cheaper.
5) Go figure . . .

Close to 70% of reviews are positive. Even the favorite restaurants only net around 80% positive. There are quite a few negative reviews on nearly every Disney restaurant. People have their likes and dislikes. Tony's to me is always good but not great. There are many restaurants people rave about that I find bland and boring. Depends on what you like or dislike. Tony's isn't bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter