• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's on Tap?

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
In Kelly's book, he says various places around the parks have draft beer. Can anyone tell me which brands are available?

Thanks in advance,
Morticia.

Finally a a good topic to discuss. Yes, they have both bottle beer & draft - the bottle ones are the plastic kinds. Bud, Bud light, and Miller lite seem to be the ones that are at most of the carts around the park. If the cart has bud products, then it will not have miller mite. Same for miller.

Some of the bars at the parks have differnt brands in glass bottels that they will pour in a cup so you can take it into the park.

The best deal is to drink draft beer and buy a UNiversial tall cup. You will pay more for it at first but refills are cheaper because you get like 2 oz. more with the tall cup. Plus you can bring your cup back with you when ever you go back into the parks.

If you go to IOA - go to the back bar near dueling dragons and ask for Richard the bartender. He is great and makes some mean drinks.

Mortlives said:
In Kelly's book, he says various places around the parks have draft beer. Can anyone tell me which brands are available?

Thanks in advance,
Morticia.

Can't answer your question, but I just finished that book about a week ago....a very good book!!

Thanks for all the responses so far. Is there anyplace in the parks to get something more exotic on tap? :drinking1

Exotic = not big name domestic beer. Something imported or microbrewed. Unusual. Anything like that available on tap, maybe at one of the full bars?

Check either the Alchemy Bar in Enchanted Oak or the Backwater Bar in Confisco's. Those would be the most likely to have different choices.

The best beer variety can be found at Finnegan's in US. They have Guiness, Harp, and a bunch of other English/Irish beers on tap.

In IOA Enchanted Oak and Backwater have a decent selection of common American beers including Amerbock. I think they also sell Fosters. I usauly stick to the Happy hour discounted beers which is why I get either Amberbock or Bud when not in Finnegans.

Hope this helps.

I only drink microbrews....which is easy here as there is one on every other corner. It may be a dry vacation.

Yep, of all the bars at U.S./IOA, Finnegan's has easily the best selection - and they even dug up some port for us this past NY's Eve so the wife and I could have our Bloody Guinnesses (or, as we call it, "The Skullcracker").

'Course, some of the fancier restaurants may have wider selections of brews, but I 'taint never drank at those ...

Thanks, everyone!

I'll try to remember to do an update of what I find when I get back. Getting short now, only 8 more sleeps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter