What's not covered?

Goofy4Disney

Wants to be a full-time WDW food critic!
We are just starting to look into our 1st Disney cruise. Can you tell me what is NOT covered in the price? Maybe something like drinks at the bar, tips, etc? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I've never cruised before. :confused3 TIA

We are just starting to look into our 1st Disney cruise. Can you tell me what is NOT covered in the price? Maybe something like drinks at the bar, tips, etc? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I've never cruised before. :confused3 TIA

Question
What's included in the basic price of a Disney cruise?
Answer
Your vacation package price includes almost everything on board—from your stateroom to breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, along with soft drinks served at meals and at the beverage station on Deck 9, and snacks and ice cream throughout the ship. All onboard activities and entertainment are included. While you're sailing, there are only a few things that will require an additional charge: shore excursions, spa or salon visits, phone calls, photos, video games, Internet usage and all alcoholic beverages.

Main things are Tips. Check:- http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/ Also for porters on/off at port. Room service Tips.

Palo; Brunch;Tea;Dinner.

Booze, at bars soft drinks at Bars, plus auto tip.

Yep...you are right Tips and alcohol are not included also pop ordered from room service or a bar. It is included at the self serve beverage station and at your restaurant meals.
Shore excursions and souvenirs (photos) We didn't find any "hidden" costs. Bagged candy and snacks from room service or at the shows have a charge as well

Almost all food is included and room service ( a small tip for delivery is standard)

You may bring your own beverages ( aka alcohol) on board if you put it in your carry on.:woohoo:

THe above is totally correct.

ANY "bar item" has an automatic 15% gratuity added. This includes not only alcohol, but virgin drinks, smoothies, and boxed/bag candy and snack items, and popcorn outside of the movies.

You can bring on board not only alcohol and bottled water, but sodas or other beverages that you or the children feel they cannot live without. Fountain sodas are included in the cruise fare at the beverage station on deck 9 and in dining rooms. Canned sodas are almost $3 each from bars or other outlets. They do have a bigger selection of canned items, but the choices at the beverage station are quite reasonable.

Room service is available at no charge (except when you order charged items), but a small tip is customary.

THe "suggested" tips on the cruise are $12 per guest per night of cruise. SO, for a 4 night cruise, the suggested tips would be $48 per person in your cabin.

Other than tips, you can easily cruise and not spend a penny extra.
I think my mom's last 5 cruises her only indulgence was a glass of wine with dinner every night, and her on board credit covered that!

what is the customary tip for room service???

$1>$2 per item.

Tipping is always a personal thing, but start with that and you will not go wrong, if you have a large order, all on the same one order, and they come together than you can do a lager note $10 , again up to you.

$1>$2 per item.

Tipping is always a personal thing, but start with that and you will not go wrong, if you have a large order, all on the same one order, and they come together than you can do a lager note $10 , again up to you.

Thanks. I waitressed my way through grad school so I always try to make sure my tips are correct.

Per item?? Is that what most people do?? I thought it was per delivery? Unless you ordered a lot. Would you count each mickey bar, cookie etc as one item?? Room service tipping could get pricey that way !
I also waitresses for many years but room service is not quite the same:confused3

Thanks. I waitressed my way through grad school so I always try to make sure my tips are correct.

That will give you the ''other side' perspective. Its nice to think of the effort the worker puts in for a small tip, and how hard they must work for the small bits to add up.

$1 per item is more than we tip. It's more like $1 for what each person ordered, $2 if it was a full meal.

Per item?? Is that what most people do?? I thought it was per delivery? Unless you ordered a lot. Would you count each mickey bar, cookie etc as one item?? Room service tipping could get pricey that way !
I also waitresses for many years but room service is not quite the same:confused3

That will give you the ''other side' perspective. Its nice to think of the effort the worker puts in for a small tip, and how hard they must work for the small bits to add up.

$1 per item is more than we tip. It's more like $1 for what each person ordered, $2 if it was a full meal.

Maybe I am generous, wondered why room service is always prompt for me, and thier pleased to see me, various guide books differ, per item, per person each, up to you.

It can be $1 per item, for me it was, we ordered 2 things and I tipped $2. If I ordered a full meal, I would probably tip $3 9r more,

Tips are personal choice and the servers do appreciate them, a lot. I figure they are helping me enjoy my vacation, I can pass that enjoyment back to them.

It can be $1 per item, for me it was, we ordered 2 things and I tipped $2. If I ordered a full meal, I would probably tip $3 9r more,

Tips are personal choice and the servers do appreciate them, a lot. I figure they are helping me enjoy my vacation, I can pass that enjoyment back to them.

Lovely gesture and statement.

Personally I think at lot of people follow the same.......

Tipping is personal, and no one should tell you what to do....

So you tip them when they deliver, it's not a "pay at the end" tip?

Correct, pay when they bring the food, because ot could be any server at all, usually it isn't your rotational servers.

We bring a stack of singles with us to use for room service.

We tip $1-2 for an ice cream bar or single item or $2-3 for a meal...if we order a whole lot at one time we would tip more.

No matter what you tip the CM's are pleasant when they arrive and we never had to wait more than 20 minutes for an order in 18 DCL cruises. They do appreciate anything you give them.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter