What's next ? For disney animated princess movies ?

jamarmiller

Mouseketeer
So , what's disneys next princess movie ? With the success of frozen, seems like the whole disney princess movie thing is back ??

I can't find anything on the net ?

I don't know the answer to this but I am curious as to what others may say.

Disney Princess films have certainly been successful and common lately (Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Brave and Frozen) and that may lead to more, but at the same time maybe Disney will try to step away from princesses now since they have done a few :confused3

Of course Disney could just focus on Princess Leah now too ;)

I don't know but I hope they use a classic fairytale. Hansel and Gretel maybe? I know it's not a princess story but I think it would be cool to see a brother and sister team. Something for the boys too, you know?

They haven't done an animal led movie for a long time, and a lot of the classics are such as Bambi, (Jungle book sort of) fox and hound,aristocats lion king etc

You'd probably be smart to look at Hans Christian Anderson or the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales for the next movie. Most of the princess movies have been adaptations of stories from those two places.

Something I can see being done is a take on Little Red Riding Hood. They tackled it a bit in Once Upon A Time, but maybe an animated version could turn into a princess story. They haven't stayed exactly true to the original tales, so it can be adapted so that the girl is a princess.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see historical stories ala Pocahontas or Mulan. Two that might work into an adaptation could be Joan of Arc and Amelia Earheart. Might be a little tougher to do those, but I'm sure a fine story can be made.

Something I'd really like to be adapted would be the story of Salvatore Giuliano. It would obviously needed to be lightened up, and a princess character would have to be written into it, but I think that is a fantastic story, and it would provide something for girls and boys. Mario Puzo fictionalized the story in his book The Sicilian. Like I said, it would have to be cleaned up quite a bit, but there is a good skeleton of story in there. Plus, it would give them another 'Epcot Princess' that they can put out for Meet & Greets in the Italy Pavillion.

Most fairy tales that Disney has done are based on European version of what fairy tales is. Take on fairy tales from mostly hans christians anderson or grimm brothers. Other non -European countries have fairytales, too. How about a spooky Japanese fairytale?:stir:

I think Little Red Riding Hood will come eventually even if she is not a princess. It's one of the few classic tales Disney has not tackled yet. I'm sure Disney would add some of its own elements to make it their own and not to confuse it with other films :thumbsup2

Maybe they could tie in the animal factor and make Red the wolf like in Once Upon a Time, but is that too scary for little kids? Maybe :eek:

I think Little Red Riding Hood will come eventually even if she is not a princess. It's one of the few classic tales Disney has not tackled yet. I'm sure Disney would add some of its own elements to make it their own and not to confuse it with other films :thumbsup2

Maybe they could tie in the animal factor and make Red the wolf like in Once Upon a Time, but is that too scary for little kids? Maybe :eek:

I think more likely it would be that Red's stepmother sends her to her grandmother's house, then plots with the wolf to take care of her. Red would meet a prince in the beginning and he would be the one who shows up near the end for the big rescue.

I'm sure it would have more twists and surprises than that, but that would probably be the basic premise.

I think more likely it would be that Red's stepmother sends her to her grandmother's house, then plots with the wolf to take care of her. Red would meet a prince in the beginning and he would be the one who shows up near the end for the big rescue.

I'm sure it would have more twists and surprises than that, but that would probably be the basic premise.

But would Disney really have to make it in to a princess movie? I think they could do it without making her a princess.

If they really want to do another princess movie they haven't tackled the Princess and the Pea yet. I feel like a lot of funny things could be done with that one!

But would Disney really have to make it in to a princess movie? I think they could do it without making her a princess.

If they really want to do another princess movie they haven't tackled the Princess and the Pea yet. I feel like a lot of funny things could be done with that one!

The story is already well know enough that it would help market itself, much like Tangled (everyone knows the Rapunzel story) and Princess and the Frog (everyone knows the kissing a frog story).

I guess they don't have to necessarily make it a Princess movie, but that seems like a natural to me.

You'd probably be smart to look at Hans Christian Anderson or the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales for the next movie. Most of the princess movies have been adaptations of stories from those two places. Something I can see being done is a take on Little Red Riding Hood. They tackled it a bit in Once Upon A Time, but maybe an animated version could turn into a princess story. They haven't stayed exactly true to the original tales, so it can be adapted so that the girl is a princess. I also wouldn't be surprised to see historical stories ala Pocahontas or Mulan. Two that might work into an adaptation could be Joan of Arc and Amelia Earheart. Might be a little tougher to do those, but I'm sure a fine story can be made. Something I'd really like to be adapted would be the story of Salvatore Giuliano. It would obviously needed to be lightened up, and a princess character would have to be written into it, but I think that is a fantastic story, and it would provide something for girls and boys. Mario Puzo fictionalized the story in his book The Sicilian. Like I said, it would have to be cleaned up quite a bit, but there is a good skeleton of story in there. Plus, it would give them another 'Epcot Princess' that they can put out for Meet & Greets in the Italy Pavillion.

I like these ideas! I think another Epcot Princess is a great idea too, although, I think the addition of Frozen into the Showcase needs to die down a bit.

In terms of Princesses I think if they are going European I say Spanish (as in Spain) or Portuguese. A princess from a remote Pacific Island might be a nice change as well which can tie in with the Polynesian.

I think there needs to be a Disney movie that markets male characters a little better too though. Not that boys can't appreciate the Princesses, but it would be nice to have a different type of movie that isn't....well Planes or Cars. :coffee:

In terms of Princesses I think if they are going European I say Spanish (as in Spain) or Portuguese. A princess from a remote Pacific Island might be a nice change as well which can tie in with the Polynesian.

I think there needs to be a Disney movie that markets male characters a little better too though. Not that boys can't appreciate the Princesses, but it would be nice to have a different type of movie that isn't....well Planes or Cars. :coffee:

I would not mind another Cars, but another Planes...PLEASE NO! I know Planes 2 is in the works and I just pray it is better. What a bad movie, or at least I thought so. I don't know if it was just a letdown after Cars or if the plot was really weak and too simple.

I would not mind another Cars, but another Planes...PLEASE NO! I know Planes 2 is in the works and I just pray it is better. What a bad movie, or at least I thought so. I don't know if it was just a letdown after Cars or if the plot was really weak and too simple.

Ya Planes needs to stop being made at 2. Cars was good, but I don't want them to overdue it with a third installment. How Planes got the green light frustrates me.

Ya Planes needs to stop being made at 2. Cars was good, but I don't want them to overdue it with a third installment. How Planes got the green light frustrates me.

Love Cars but will admit 2 was not as strong as 1, still liked but 1 just had good moral lessons behind it and was a more sentimental story. IF they did do a 3, which I doubt because it would be overkill probably, I would want them to go more along the lines of 1 than 2.

Plans had no backbone, very weak movie. The plot was way too simple, I kept sitting there waiting for something to happen and it never did. Just very simple. I'm sure the project got the green light because Cars was good, but they needed to put more thought in to the story for Planes.

my boy and girl loves planes. They have watched the movie 5 times in 5 days LOL they dont want to watch anything else right now

IMO I think Disney should lay low on the princess movies for the time being. We've already seen Princess and the Frog and Tangled in the past few years. I think we need something more aimed towards the male demographic. Maybe more in terms of Lion King or Jungle Book.

I saw something on the web (who knows how reliable that is?) that Disney's next potential "princess" movie will be Moana -- about a Polynesian girl, whose father is Chief of her tribe. The movie is set about 2,000 years ago and Moana comes from a long line of sea navigators and has some sort of ocean adventure where she needs to prove herself to her father (I'm guessing she is the only child and must show him that she too can be a navigator, in spite of being a girl?). It's supposed to be a computer-animated movie due out some time in 2018. The description also made mention of appearances of demi-gods and other deities, who she meets along the way and aid her in her adventure.

Sounds a little like Brave, but set in a tropical paradise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter