Whats it like with refurb?

Essa

Earning My Ears
Hi we are debating wether to book our stay from 2nd till 6th june. My son's first trip to dlp who will be turning 2 there if we book.

Any tips you can give will be appreciated.
Im a bit concerned as many have aaid that there will be sacffoldong in the park/plenty of ride closed? Whats the situation like?

Also we r between santa fe or npb hotel? Am tempted to book npb but due to budget its more likely we ll stay at santa fe. Any feedback?

At 2 it's unlikely the refurb will impact his stay tbh. One thing to note, is Peter Pan open then as imo that's one of the best rides for littlies in the MK? There are plenty of other rides open that are suitable for littlies and things like the parade every day to watch. I took my DD1 from 2.5 years old, my DD2 from 4.5 months old, and we've been when rides etc are closed (granted not to the scale of now), but it's never bothered them that much when they were younger. Now they are getting older it is a different story as they have their favourites and wouldn't want to miss them - they'd be v disappointed right now as BTM is closed all year!

Can't help with the hotels as haven't stayed in either. What I will say though is that the NPB is getting amazing reviews right now and is all newly refurbed - the Santa Fe has been done a while but I believe is nice. Of course, location wise, the NPB is much nearer too. There are plenty of people who like Santa Fe so I'm sure it would be fine - I'm sure your DS would enjoy the theming of that hotel over NPB at his age anyway.

If you feel you do want a better grade hotel, have you looked at the SQL hotel which should be cheaper than NPB? We have stayed there and loved it. Nearly all our stays, bar that one have been at the DLH, and while I love the Pink Palace, I really also liked SQL and would go back. It too is on the lake so is closer than Santa Fe - you don't need to worry about shuttle buses as the walk is OK.

We're going to be there from the 29th May to 2nd Jun. I wouldn't let the ride closures put you off, especially at your son's age. My DD5 was 18 months the first time we took her and to be honest she wasn't one bit fussed on the rides. Casey Jr was a big hit with her though! For her it was more about the characters and just taking in everything around her.

We're staying in the NPB. One thing to note though is that the pools are closed for the duration of our stay and almost all of your dates too. If they were part of your reason for picking the hotel you would be better looking at the SQL which I can also highly recommend.

Walking is no problem from any of the hotels to be honest and we found a lot easier than fighting our way on or off the buses!

Hope that helps :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter