• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats in your Disney Playlist?

hsembrick

DIS Veteran
Trying to make a disney playlist for my kids mp3 players and my iphone. Besides the "new" disney kids stuff, (hannah, jonas, demi) what else can I add?

A little big of everything. I googled "best disney songs" and found a top 100 list that was helpful, but mostly i just downloaded my favorite songs from my favorite movies.

Lion King - hakuna, cant wait to be king, can you feel the love

B&TB- be our guest, something there, tale as old as time, belle's song

Mary Poppins - supercali, chim chim, jolly holiday

Little Mermaid- part of your world, under the sea, kiss the girl

Aladdin- prince ali, never had a friend, a whole new world

Snow White- im wishing, someday my prince will come

Princess and the Frog- almost there, down in new orleans

Lady & the Tramp- he's a tramp, bella notte, siamese cat song

I've also got the Unbirthday Song from Alice, Bear Necessities from Jungle Book, A Dream is a Wish from Cinderella, You've Got a Friend from Toy Story, Little Black Raincloud from Pooh, Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty, and When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio.

I have quite a few theme park selections on my ipod.

I have alot of Disney music on my playlist, nothing newer. Songs from Little Mermaid, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, ect....but my FAVORITE is the whole show of Wishes. Bought the CD at Disney World. Love it. :goodvibes

I have a ton! I have the wishes cd, the four parks one world cd (this one is awesome! It has songs from all the rides and attractions!), a lot of the disney soundtracks, radio disney cd's, etc.

My list,
1. Can You Feel the Love Tonight? (The Lion King)
2. A Whole New World (Aladdin)
3. Beauty and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
4. Kiss the Girl (The Little Mermaid)
5. Circle of Life (The Lion King)
6. Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)
7. You’ll Be in My Heart (Tarzan)
8. Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
9. You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story)
10. I Won’t Say I’m in Love (Hercules)

For my disney playlist on my ipod i have the disney wishes soundtrack and disney songs the satachmo way by Louis Armstrong.:wizard:

Lol, I made a Disney Playlist for the 2 day drive to WDW on our last trip. Luckily, we rarely ever heard the same song twice.

Welcome Medley, from Magic Kingdom
Epcot Entrance, from Epcot
Hooray for Hollywood, from DHS
Wishes, from Wishes
We Go On, from Illumintions
Tapestry of Nations, from Illuminations
Destiny, from Mission Space
Twilight Zone Theme, from Tower of Terror
Beauty and The Bees, from Its Tough To Be A Bug
American Idol theme, from The American Idol Experience
Always Know Where You Are by John Reznik, from Treasure Planet
Part of Your World by Faith Hill, from the Little Mermaid
Cruella DeVille by Dr. John, from 101 Dalmations
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes by Kimberly Locke, from Cinderella
You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins, from Tarzan
Reflection by Christina Agulera, from Mulan

I'm goingto stop there...its quite extensive, lol. Let me know if you need any music!:goodvibes

I've been working on a Disney Playlist for our trip in late November. So far I have:

When You Wish Upon a Star - Pinnochio

I Just Can't Wait to Be King - The Lion King

The Second Star to the Right - Peter Pan

You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! - Peter Pan

Hakuna Matata - The Lion King

Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - Carousel of Progress

The Pollyanna Song - Pollyanna

The Jimmy Bean Song - Pollyanna

What's This? - The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Big Blue World - Finding Nemo the Musical

One Little Slip - Chicken Little

The Mad Tea Party/The Unbirthday Song - Alice in Wonderland

A World of My Own - Alice in Wonderland

Grim Grinning Ghosts - The Haunted Mansion

Friend Like Me - Aladdin

A Whole New World - Aladdin

Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Cinderella

Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah - Song of the South/Splash Mountain

Put on Your Sunday Clothes - Hello Dolly/Wall-E

Part of Your World - The Little Mermaid

Something There - Beauty and the Beast

Holiday Road - Lindsay Buckingham/from National Lampoon's Vacation :rotfl:

Mickey Mouse Club March - The Mouseketeers

Colors of the Wind - Pochahontas

Reflection - Mulan

Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid

Can You Feel the Love Tonight? - The Lion King

When She Loved Me - Sarah Mclachlan/Toy Story 2

You've Got a Friend in Me - Randy Newman/Toy Story

Let's Get Together - The Parent Trap

Monsters, Inc. Theme

I have 3 Disney playlists- Classic Disney, Modern Disney, and Radio Disney. All 3 are pretty huge- over 190 selections on Classic Disney, 120+ on Modern Disney, and way over 300 on Radio Disney.

Classic Disney is mostly music from Disney films and park music. Way too many to list, but CDs include:
- Disney's Greatest Hits, Vol 1, 2, and 3
- Finding Nemo: The Musical soundtrack
- Sherman Brothers Songbook
- Disney Pixar Greatest Hits
And many individual songs from different movie soundtracks like Enchanted, Princess and the Frog, Mary Poppins, Nightmare Before Christmas, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc, etc, etc. I want to add more park music- when we go in November, I will be buying park music CDs with my souvenir money.

Modern Disney is mostly covers of classic Disney music done by more recent artists. Stuff from:
-All DisneyMania CDs
-Steve Tyrell's Disney Standards
-Los Lobos album of Disney covers
-Nightmare Revisited (alternative artists redoing the entire NBC soundtrack)
-Almost Alice and the Alice in Wonderland (2010) soundtracks

Radio Disney is stuff from artists featured within the last few years on RD, like:
-Miley Cyrus
-Jonas Bros
-Mitchell Musso
-Selena Gomez
-Demi Lovato
-Disney Channel movie soundtracks (HSM, Jump In, Camp Rock, etc)
-Jesse McCartney
-Cheetah Girls
-Radio Disney Jams and Girlz Rock CDs
-Taylor Swift

I listen to Classic Disney the most. DD loves Radio Disney, and we listen to Modern Disney every once in a while.

:) I have 438 Disney and Disney related playlist songs. I know I am a freak..:sad2:..I have them categorized in parades (MNSSHP, Jammin Jungle, etc), events ( Wishes, Illuminations, etc.), animal kingdom park CD music, animal kingdom lodge (I call this list Kidani Village--true African artists played at the resort), EPCOT including songs that represent each country, MK songs representative of each land....and then I have 10 volumes of classic Disney songs that are unique becasue someone put a different spin on them. I love the Satchmo CD, one of my favs and I just purchased " The Emporer's New Groove" to get several of those songs.

So far the theme from Splash Mountain has been hardest to find. I finally had to break down and purchase "The Happiest Celebration" CD for that.

Most of my park CDs I purchased at WDW and this year the goal will be to get the MVMCP CD or other Christmas CDs available.

I also have too many to mention, but here are my favorites!

Halloween-lo-ween ~ Disney Paris. Go check it out on youtube, it's very catchy!

I also have a bunch of Japanese Disney Songs, mostly because I love the language, and I am learning it. You have to track down on youtube the Japanese 'Whole New World' 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'I Won't Say I'm in Love', absolutely amazing!

Oh, track down a copy of 'Down at the Bayou' if you love Princess and the Frog, it's a new CD that has all our favorite characters singing new songs inspired by the film! (And yes, that does mean their original voice actors!!!)

Another good one is from the 'Essential Disney Love Song Collection' There is a new song on there inspired by the Little Mermaid called 'One Dance' and is sung by Jodi Benson.

A few of my favorites:

1) Duck Tales Theme (Disney Afternoon)
2) Rhythm of The Pridelands album (found it on iTunes)
3) Professor Ludwig Von Drake album (iTunes)
4) Disney Pixar Greatest album
5) Beauty and The Beast soundtrack
6) House of Mouse - Brian Setzer
7) Pocahontas soundtrack

Can you only get the theme park music on cd at the parks or can you buy them at Disney stores? Or better yet can you download them on itunes? I would love to have some before our trip?

HELP! I had spectromagic on my computer and it crashed:scared1::surfweb:does anyone know where I can get it again. I love love that song and it breaks my heart that I lost it. someone had sent it to me by email but don't remember who it was. :confused3 can anyone here help me.:surfweb: thanks alot:banana:

Can you only get the theme park music on cd at the parks or can you buy them at Disney stores? Or better yet can you download them on itunes? I would love to have some before our trip?

You can purchase theme park music mostly from Amazon and Laughingplace.com---if looking on line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter