• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's in YOUR "day at DL" bag?

we carry a small back pack containing:
1 water camelbak bottle
fruit snacks, because who doesn't like fruit snacks
extra meds of all sorts(gas x, immodium, pepto, tylonal, prescription meds)
coin purse with cash, coins for pressed pennies, payment cards, and id's
spare phone batteries
2 or 3 granola bars
hand sanatizer

it leaves enough room in the bag for everyones hoodies to be stored till evening and as hoodies are pulled out, it makes room for souvenirs.

On the few occasions DH and I have gone alone we've found that we can carry what we need and that we don't need a backpack. We usually each have a waterbottle, our phones, a camera, and the tickets in my lanyard pouch. We used to take a backpack, and have found that it can be hot and sometimes a pain.

Most of our trips we have our kids. Sometimes we bring a backpack, but a lot of times we use the stroller and our pockets. Diapers, a blanket, food and water all go in the bottom of the stroller. Sometimes we throw in flip flops for water rides. Then the phones, camera, etc. listed above can be carried by DH and I. We are not worried about diapers or food being stolen from our stroller and just make sure we have anything of value (ie. phones, camera) on our bodies. The only downside to this is we sometimes find we want something like water or snack while in line and we left it in the stroller when we parked it, but usually we remember to grab the things we need. When our youngest grows out of a stroller in a few years, we'll have to go back to a backpack. But at least we won't need diapers.

If I'm doing a full day:
- camera
- sunscreen
- lip balm
- roll-on perfume
- phone
- reusable water bottle
- small notebook and pen
- in hot weather, a mister fan
- hair ties

And not really in my bag, but I like to wear a watch in case my phone dies.

Hair ties are a must on those hot summer days! Sometimes I carry a Disney brush with me in case I need to comb my hair.

I'm a minimalist. I like to be mostly hands free. So I either use my fanny pack or my small crossbody purse.
I fit all of these things inside:
-Cell phone -SPF lip balm - a few disney pins for trading
-Disney gift card -Lipstick
-Cigarettes & lighter -few tablets of Motrin & Aleve
-Travel sz bath n body works spray or sample size perfume
-a baggie to put my phone in (in case we ride water rides)
-Since it's DL I will also have our park tickets.
Since it's our 1st trip to DL, I will have a printed itinerary & a laminated ride list so I can cross off things as we do them.
I wear glasses and contacts so I wear contacts in the am with sunglasses and bring glasses with my contact case and small bottle of solution for later.
Occasionally if I have too I rent a locker to keep some of that extra stuff in.

I bring our WDW reusable drink bottle. It comes in really handy because if you buy a soft drink or Iced Tea that comes in a cup
you can't take it on rides, so we pour our drinks into the bottle so we don't have to throw it away.
I haven't brought my camera in a few yrs since my cell takes such nice pics.

I'll never forget...a couple yrs ago in Hollywood studios at WDW, one of the actors in a street show called my fanny pack a Disney Tool Belt. LOL

Last edited:
So I go pretty minimalist - one of the perks of not travelling with kids :-)
Usually either a wallet on a string (the kind that can go either crossbody or on wrist) or a small crossbody bag (something like the Vera Bradley hipster)

Wallet on string:
  • phone
  • cash/cards/ID
  • Chapstick/lipgloss
  • Sunglasses on head or face
  • first aid - a few bandaids, pain relief, stomach relief
Crossbody:
  • small wallet
  • phone
  • chapstick/gloss
  • coins for pennypress
  • phone charging cable & backup/external charger
  • zippy bag for phone protection on wet rides
  • first aid - a few bandaids, pain relief, stomach relief
  • Hand sanitizer
I also separately clamp a water bottle bag to my belt loop http://www.amazon.com/BPA-Free-Plastic-Water-Bottle/dp/B006V6QI5S

If I am going for a day only and then going home at the end of the night, I might be more inclined to carry extra things in my bag. If I have a hotel room to go back to, I will leave some things (like the phone charger and camera battery charger) in the room.

So, other than those two chargers which may or may not be left in the room, I always have these things in my Baggallini bag:

Water bottle (there is a compartment for it on the side of the bag)
Sunglasses (another compartment on the side)
Cell phone (there's a compartment in the strap)
Regular glasses (can't see without them)
Sunscreen (sport, face and scalp spray)
Lip balm and compact-mirror-powder
Hand sanitizer or hand wipes
Tissues
Pen/paper
Advil or Motrin and Zantac
Breath mints or strips
Small hand lotion
Camera/memory card/extra battery/Ziploc bag to hold battery and memory card
Wallet w/ ID/Cash/Gift Cards/Tickets/room key, etc.
Brush
(Sometimes) Band Aid's blister protect/relief pads

Hair clips and/or bands

ETA:

I forgot about the nail file (StormyCA's post reminded me!) -- I have that too.

Sometimes -- if it's going to be a really long day and I don't have a hotel room -- I may bring a travel size toothpaste and toothbrush with me too.

Last edited:

DH and I just got new bags
DH - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA56K5C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Mine - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA5754W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
(mines got blue line not camo but thats the bags)

we will have phones, wallets, one extra water bottle each (we also carry water bottle holders) mine will have tiny umbrella small first aid kit. My new camera. Notebook with everything needed for the day and trip. Ponchos are a must and we still have ours from last year.
small lipstick charger, chap stick small sunscreen. sunglasses and hats are a must for our fam too.
One of us will have autograph book and pen, pins to trade,
I'm sure i'm missing some things but those bags have tons of pockets and I like mine alot.

I carry a Disney Dooney letter carrier. It's pretty small but I manage to get in it;

Dental Floss
contact lens case & wetting drops
Nail file,
chapstick
Asthma inhaler
Vera zip ID case w/cash/ID/credit card/AP or hopper (it's AMAZING how much that little case holds!)
Sunglasses and softcase
iPhone
Kleenex in outside side pocket
itty bitty reading glasses
Pen
a few baggies for water rides.

I used to pack the kitchen sink in a huge bag but BFF pointed out to me that, since we stay onsite, we're never more than a few minutes from the room and that there's a first aid station, so I've stopped carrying most 'medical/first aid' supplies. For our recent stay at WDW, I carried the smaller Vera Disney backpack and packed a bit more stuff since it just wasn't as simple to get back to Ft Wilderness.

My new phone case is also my wallet it holds everything and has a zipper so wont lose the cards when on the phone. Also we are trying to eliminate some of the big bags we normally carry that's why we bought the two we did. I think those with the water bottle holders we have will hold everything we need.
We take Pepsi in with us and one root beer for lunch. Its so much cheaper to take with us. So my hubby will carry the big litter in half Pepsi we will have a small root beer in the bag for when the kid eats lunch.
Each of us will carry an extra water bottle in the water bottle holder on those bags.
I will have some little trail mix type snack and a chip to share.
Not sure if missing anything more but ya we are leaving the big back pack at home or trying too.

I keep flip flopping between bringing everything and bringing very little :)

I have two cross body bags that I am bringing with me to CA. One is larger and the other smaller. I think I will have to wait and see how things go on our first day and then decide what was worth carrying and what wasn't. My DD7 also has a small Disney Tsum Tsum cross body bag that she will use.

The for sure items:
o Wristlet with cards, cash and chapstick
o Camera (small point and shoot)
o Phone
o Water bottle/flavor packets (for the 1st day at least...I might give up and just buy drinks as needed, I am a water snob and it sounds like Anaheim water is TERRIBLE!)
o Aleve
o hard candy/mints

Maybe items:
o external phone charger
o sarong to sit on
o sunglasses (I wear glasses and don't want to flip between when going in and out of buildings etc...)
o ponchos (if rain is forcasted)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter