What's good to eat at Rainforest Cafe?

mimichan

Mouseketeer
I've been reading what everyone likes to eat at Mimi's Cafe and now I'm wondering what everyone likes to eat at the Rainforest Cafe?

I've been reading what everyone likes to eat at Mimi's Cafe and now I'm wondering what everyone likes to eat at the Rainforest Cafe?

To put it bluntly.... nothing!

I've eaten there a couple times with friends and the food was less than average. The prices were high and the portions were not anything to write home about.

You are mainly paying for atmosphere which I have to admit is pretty darn cool! I spent $34 when I went on just MYSELF! I ordered a small pizza/salad/alcoholic drink. And was still hungry at the end of my meal. I could have gotten full and paid half the price at Mimi's but then again I wouldn't be eating next to an Elephant.

I would suggest going here for desert because everyone in my group (about 8 of us) at the end of the night commented that all the food was pretty lousy.

MY 2 cents....

Back in the old days, they had this great pasta dish called the Walaby Wok, which was penne, sundried tomatos and pine nuts.

Alas, that was years ago and they no longer have it on their menu. I think the shrip pasta is similar, although the Wok was with oil from what I remember.

Otherwise, I usually like RFC's pizzas.

I really enjoyed the crab cakes - and I know my FIL had the pot roast and cleaned the plate. . . DH liked wht he had but I cannot remember what he had.

And save room for the volcano dessert!! We four adults couldn't even finish it!!

My mom had a quesadilla that she really liked and my dd and I both ordered a pasta dish with pesto and cream sauce and it was great. You order a salad separately but it was large enough to share so my mom and daughter and I all had some.

Our whole family loved what they ate. From steak to hot dogs. A bit spendy, but what is not when are in DL.

Jackpirate:

My niece loves the kids pasta! I love their burgers, pizza's and their large salads. I've had mahi mahi there before too and it was very good. The only thing I've tried and didn't like was the lettuce wraps.

Enjoy!

We love their Nachos. They're kind of unique (compared to other restaurants), they have black beans, corn, peppers added to it. Yumm! And they're huge. Our family of 4 split one and we were so full just from that!

Do they have any good sandwhiches? What I used to eat there (pizza) won't agree with my stomach these days (I have Crohn's disease). But I don't want to skip going there, we love the atmosphere. So I'm trying to think of something that I can that won't hurt me!

yea the ribs (mojo bones). We get a full rack and a side salad and split it. More than enough food.

My kids love both the kids' pasta and the ribs!
I always stick to a really good penne pasta, with sausage in a marinara sauce. Hubby likes anything, and my mom always goes for the turkey wrap. Granted, it isn't fine dining, and like dizneyfreakz said - it is the atmosphere that you are paying for, but we enjoy it!
Jendisneylandlver - they have such a big and varied menu. I'm not sure what Crohn's disease is, but they have always been nice about special requests with us!
The volcano is a fun (and decadent) way to end the meal - but prepare to be overstuffed!

Jendisneylandlver - they have such a big and varied menu. I'm not sure what Crohn's disease is, but they have always been nice about special requests with us!
The volcano is a fun (and decadent) way to end the meal - but prepare to be overstuffed!

Well I won't go in to all the gory details, but basically it's a serious stomach condition, and depending on what I eat can trigger symptoms and make me pretty ill. Things like spicey, rich, fatty foods are all out! I will miss my pizza! :) Things that are more mild like sandwhiches, chicken, steaks ect.. I can usually tolerate pretty good. Good to hear they are good with special requests! ;)

I really enjoyed the crab cakes - and I know my FIL had the pot roast and cleaned the plate. . . DH liked wht he had but I cannot remember what he had.

And save room for the volcano dessert!! We four adults couldn't even finish it!!

What is the "volcano" dessert?

DF and I love the chicken quesadillas. Other than that, I haven't found anything else I really like there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter