Whats good for lunch at all 4 parks?

Eason's Daddy

Earning My Ears
I'm on the DP and was wondering what was good to eat at each park. All lunches will be Quick Service meals. We are game on most type of foods. So help me out. Thanks

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons (lots of DIFFERENT choices and it's indoor... which means it's air conditioned) But they're actually lots of good places at this park for a good QS

Hollywood: I hate all options here. They're aren't any that I really like, we just suffer through our QS options here. Defo the worst is ABC Commisary. RUN, don't walk away from this place. The air conditioning can't make up for the nasty that is here.

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Rays is awesome and has a HUGE selection, however Columbia Harbour House is really good if you want something different than what Cosmic Rays has to offer. (if you have family members dying to eat at Pecos Bills... that place is pretty decent too). MK has a couple good choices as you can see... you should check out thier menu's b4 you go so you can decide what your in the mood for on that day and you can make an informed decision.

Lunch QS meals are surprisingly huge for us when we go lol, it's the time when we need to recharge and the tone for the rest of the day is set at this point. If we have bad meals in the middle of the day under the hot sun... we're miserable.

wdwinfo.com is the host for this site. There is a great menu listing on here under dining that will let you search by park. The direct link is
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm

I agree with most of what Stephanie posted

AK: Flame Tree is best, Yak & Yeti second best
MK: Pecos Bill, Columbia, Cosmic Rays (difficult because you have to order from different areas), and the new Tortuga Tavern (tacos & taco salad)
EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons is amazing, Morocco is surprisingly good and easy to eat, Fish & Chips in UK, and the Japanese counter is good.
DHS: This is a tough one. My best luck has been the Backlot Express, but I hate to eat here.

I like Columbia Harbor House in the Magic Kingdom, Backlot Express at the Studio's, and Liberty Inn at Epcot. I don't have a fave at Animal Kingdom.

If you have not done so already, I would encourage you to look at the menu's at www.allears.net . This will help you get an idea where you want to eat.

And BTW we did the quick service plan last year and really enjoyed it!

I am one of the huge fans of Cosmic Rays at MK...

1. Great selection
2. Animatronic Lounge Lizard "Sonny Eclipse" for entertainment
3. LARGE Portions.. (DH and I could have shared the rotisserie chicken/ribs/green beans/mashed potatoes/cake)

But I do understand folks who don't care for the crowd and queues....

So for me:

MK: Cosmic Rays
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons OR the QS in AMERICA which has a good selection and is indoors...
DHS: Sunset Market... an outdoor area between ToT and RnR...with GREAT selection.. including Catalina Eddie's with the best sandwich I've ever had at WDW...

Have a magical visi t!
Mary

I'm not clear... are you doing all QS meals, or just QS lunches?

Are you eating any TS in the parks? If so, you might want to consider having your big meal at noon and your light meal in the evening... By using that strategy, we figure that we move against the majority of the crowds.

Regardless, I can answer about favorite QS locations:

MK: Pecos Bill or Cosmic Rays are great.
AK: Flame Tree BBQ is our favorite.
EP: We liked the place in Mexico... but have never had a chance to try Sunshine Seasons, which everyone recommends.
DHS: I agree with the PP who says to RUN from ABC Commisary... we've been twice and had two bad experiences. The problem is that there aren't really a whole lot of choices in DHS.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons (lots of DIFFERENT choices and it's indoor... which means it's air conditioned) But they're actually lots of good places at this park for a good QS

Hollywood: I hate all options here. They're aren't any that I really like, we just suffer through our QS options here. Defo the worst is ABC Commisary. RUN, don't walk away from this place. The air conditioning can't make up for the nasty that is here.

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Rays is awesome and has a HUGE selection, however Columbia Harbour House is really good if you want something different than what Cosmic Rays has to offer. (if you have family members dying to eat at Pecos Bills... that place is pretty decent too). MK has a couple good choices as you can see... you should check out thier menu's b4 you go so you can decide what your in the mood for on that day and you can make an informed decision.

Lunch QS meals are surprisingly huge for us when we go lol, it's the time when we need to recharge and the tone for the rest of the day is set at this point. If we have bad meals in the middle of the day under the hot sun... we're miserable.

I would have said almost word for word what you said! Without a doubt, Cosmic Rays is our favorite @ MK, as well as Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. We are looking to try some new ones @ MK this year (maybe Columbia Harbour House or Casey's Corner), but we always seem to end back up at Cosmic Rays.

MK...Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bills
AK...Flame tree BBQ
DHS...We always eat at Backlot Express outside and watch the Jedi Show...we also like Toy Story Pizza Planet, Studio Catering Company
Epcot...We are one of the few that love to sit outside in future world at Electric Umbrella...we always eat at Yorkshire County Fish shop...and we like Liberty Inn

MK: Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays are great.
AK: Meh. While Yak and Yeti was tasty, I had a hard time eating really hot (temperature-wise) Chinese in the middle of the summer. FlameTree BBQ is not bad, but not great.
EP: Sunshine Seasons
DHS: Starring Rolls. Good sandwiches, GREAT desserts.

Also...
DTD: Wolfgang Puck's Express. It's like no other counter service anywhere. You actually get waited on. But it's still counter service. And it's AMAZING!

DHS-Starring Rolls is great!
Epcot-I like the Chinese QS place. I can't remember what it's called.
MK-Pinocchio's Village Haus or Columbia Harbor House
AK-Flame Tree BBQ

MK: My fave is Pecos Bill, but we tend to eat more often at Cosmic Rays b/c of the variety.

Epcot: Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. Yum! A great break from the burgers, fries, chicken and usual salads at most QS places.

DHS: Sadly there isn't a decent one. I snack on popcorn and/or fruit until dinner. I would also consider taking the boat over to one of the resorts. I know it sucks up time, but really there just isn't anything at DHS.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ

We choose anything indoors! Not only are these indoors my family have really enjoyed the food.

MK: Cosmic Rays (we usually get the chicken/rib-enough to share between 2 people)

MK: Columbia Harbour House (the tuna sandwich is really good)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons(debating on this place for the 1st 2yrs we went and passed the 1st and 2nd year and last year our 3rd year going we decided to try it since it was inside and also had refillable drink machine, we ended up eating here 2x, also enough food to share between 2 people.

DHS: Toy Story Pizza Planet-- alot of people don't like this place but my family really like it. Of course where I live we don't have the most perfect pizza either. The pizza here is alot better than what we can get at home.

AK: Pizzafari- we really like the sandwich here, and we have shared the sandwich meal here also..

NOTE: IF you are on the dining plan, you can ask for a large drink. I didn't know this until last year (our 3rd year going) and before then they would give us a small cup.

The best tacos I've ever eaten were from the QS cantina in Epcot Mexico. Can't wait to go back.

Our favorites include:

MK: Pecos Bill's & Cosmic Ray's. I like the chicken wrap at Pecos Bill's and the turkey/bacon wrap at Cosmic Ray's.

EP: Sunshine Seasons is our hands-down favorite. It's a great value on the DDP - I love the rotisserie pork chop with rice or mashed potatoes.

DHS: We usually choose Backlot Express - I like the turkey sandwich. Bonus here is that they have a self-service drink station so you can get a refill before you leave. Sometimes we'll go to Pizza Planet.

AK: We like Pizzafari. Flame Tree BBQ is pretty good too, but our kids prefer Pizzafari so if we eat CS here, that's usually the choice.

We really liked the sandwiches at Starring Rolls at DHS. Also sandwiches at the bakery in MK. It was a great option when we didn't want typical fast food choices.

Also really, really liked Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. You really can't find better Quick Service options!

EP - Sunshine Seasons

If you haven't checked out the restaurant board already, there are lots of good threads about this on there. Also check the menus on allears.net to see what's available in each park.

Have a great trip!

MK-another vote for Cosmic Ray's... wonderful selection.. something for everyone
EP-Electric Umbrella.. vote is for selection again
HS- Toy Story Pizza Planet- don't expect NYC pizza.. but the food is good and theres ALOT of it.. you get a personal pizza and a salad plus drink and dessert
AK- Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari are both good
DTD- Earl of Sandwich.... YUMMM

Can anyone confirm if the Diamond Horseshoe in MK is only seasonally opened for QS lunch? I know it is for the dinner, but was hoping lunch was always available.
I had never been there until our last trip this past Thanksgiving...and it was really really good. I get sick of all the burgers and pizza, so the fresh turkey sandwich was yummy (fresh as in carved from the bird right there).

MK, Harbour House - great clam chowder and tuna sandwich
Epcot - tangerine in Morocco - or fish and chips in UK - though that is not as good as it once was
AK - I like the sandwiches in that little shop across the street from the Dawa Bar. Very good! My preference though is Tusker House - the best buffet on property!
Studios -Starring rolls is OK... Better to leave and take the boat to Epcot for better food!

MK- Columbia Harbour House/Pecos Bill/Tortuga Tavern/Main Street Bakery - CHH has great sandwiches and soups, PB for usual burgers etc in air con without having to deal with the scrum in Cosmic Rays, TT for great tacos and taco salads, MSB just great sandwiches/deserts
EPCOT Sunshine Seasons/Lotus Blossom Cafe (China Pavillion) - SS has a great selection and has something for everyone in my family (even the fussier eaters) you can opt away from a burger, LBC has a fab sesame chicken salad which i love:lovestruc but ive eaten most of the things on the menu there and they are all great.
DHS Starring Rolls/(at a push) Backlot Express- We normally do a short day at DHS and stop at SR for a midmorning coffee and muffin/pastry which are lovely, if we are planning to stay on for the full day (and fantasmic) well eat in BE or grab a sandwich from SR (SR has no indoor seating).
AK Pizzafari/Yak and Yeti - Pizzafari has a good selection of pizzas/sandwiches plus loads of indoor seating to get out off the Florida sun, YnY is a favourite of mine but i know a few folk who have had bad experiences.
Just my 2 cents.
Have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter