What's good at Whispering Canyon for dinner?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Treacle44, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Treacle44

Treacle44 DIS Veteran

Not sure I fancy the skillet now they've changed it, are there any other good choices?

Also are the bottomless milkshakes counted as a drink or dessert option on DDP?

Thanks

T
    x

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tashasmum

tashasmum DIS Veteran

The bottomless shakes are classed as a drink. We ate there and Dd had the chicken pasta,i had the chicken dinner and dh had the ribeye steak. All were very nice.

4. Wishes

Wishes Mouseketeer

Don't order the meatloaf. DD and DS's girlfriend ordered it and neither one could eat more than one bite. I tried it and it was awful! My DS loves the chicken pasta. My DH and I had the skillet and would agree with you it wasn't as good as it once was.

5. GinnyFavers

GinnyFavers Rescued Princess of Chickapin Hill

Judging from the quality of the breakfast skillet I had last week, I'd say go for just desserts if you want to enjoy the atmosphere. Not good.

6. marivaid

marivaid My mother is a Pluto molester.

DM had ribs & I had the chicken pasta. Everything was great! The cornbread is yummyyyyyyyyy:angel:

7. Goofy_4_WDW

Goofy_4_WDW DIS Veteran

I had the skillet last week for the first time and I have to say, I thought it was great. The shrimp was yummy and the meats were tender and flavorful. Yes, the cornbread is awsome!

8. ljcrochet

ljcrochet DIS Veteran

What is different on the skillet? We have ADR there for next month!
    DH loved the skillet when we went last october. I had the chicken pasta, it was very good as was the chicken on DH's skillet.

9. lwilliam

lwilliam <font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea

for the chicken pasta and you MUST try the caramel banana dessert....

10. Imgoingwdw

Imgoingwdw Earning My Ears

DH and I had one ADR at Whispering Canyon last July. DH loved :love: it so much I couldn't get him to agree to any other TS places, so we ate there 3 times in 6 days. We ate something different everytime and never found something we did not like. We did decide after the first night of milkshakes that it was not a good idea to mix all you can drink milkshakes and the skillet. The food was great and so was the services!;)

11. Goofy_4_WDW

Goofy_4_WDW DIS Veteran

here is what the skillet has:

Mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked cornbread with mashed potatoes,
    coleslaw, cowboy beans and seasonal vegetables.
    Smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, Peel-n-Eat shrimp