What's good at Sci-Fi?

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
We're eating at Sci Fi for the first time. We'll have the DxDDP so please recommend good appetizers, entrees, and desserts. If something isn't good--please tell me what to avoid! Thanks!

When my friend & I went we just had chili (mild) and salad and both were really good. I have heard that they have good burgers also.

I'm not a huge fan of burgers, but in a setting like the Sci-Fi I felt almost obligated to order one the first time we were there. It was the best burger I have ever had. I ordered it again the second time.

My husband really liked the turkey sandwich and we both really enjoyed our milkshakes - chocolate and strawberry. :)

I always heard the oreo shake was great. Is that true?

I'm thinking the spinach and artichoke dip and chili dip (for 2) appetizer. Or are the onion rings the best?

The only entree that sounded that good to me was the ribs. (IF I'm that hungry.) Are they any good?

How about dessert? Cheesecake?

I'm not a huge fan of burgers, but in a setting like the Sci-Fi I felt almost obligated to order one the first time we were there. It was the best burger I have ever had. I ordered it again the second time.

My husband really liked the turkey sandwich and we both really enjoyed our milkshakes - chocolate and strawberry. :)

Good to know about the burgers. Unless someone says the ribs are fantastic that will probably be my choice. Especially if I have a shake!

The spinach and artichoke dip is delicious! :lovestruc Also, the oreo milkshake and cheesecake are both very good.

NOT the shrimp pasta thing!!! Disgusting! I usually love shrimp with pasta, which was why I wanted it. My family made fun of me for ordering it and then made even more fun of me when I didn't like it! They couldn't understand why I didn't get a burger. Why didn't I get a burger??? Now the Reuben sandwich sounds tasty for our visit in July...

I've actually heard from a few people that the ribs are not that great there at all. :( My friends and people on the boards have always made the burgers, onion rings and milkshakes a big thing. I'm more of a seafood person but I may have to try me a burger. Although, I believe the burgers are only offered on the lunch menu.

We've eaten here at least a half dozen times. The shrimp pasta dish is the worst. The shrimp tasted like they were 6 months old. I also really hated the turkey sandwich because the bread was so stale that I couldn't eat it. The burgers, chicken sandwich and reuben are all okay. I have not tried the ribs; it's too dark in there to mess with ribs. :rotfl:

Out of the appetizers, I think the onion rings are much better than the artichoke dip. All of the shakes I've tried have been good.

The burgers are not on the dinner menu but many on here have reported success at ordering a burger at dinner.

The burgers are good and our last visit I had the turkey sandwich and it was good (no stale bread). The fires are tasty as well. Our secret is we try to go early in the day if that helps

Go with the burger, you can't go wrong. It is a fun place. It was one of my DD's favorite lunches when we ate there in August.

Go with the burger, you can't go wrong. It is a fun place. It was one of my DD's favorite lunches when we ate there in August.

Agree! :thumbsup2 And the milkshakes are awesome too! Oh and this might sound weird, but I remember having a really good Vanilla Coke there too! Have fun and enjoy!

we read many reviews saying stick with the sandwiches, so we did. Husband had the reuben -- excellent, and I had the cheeseburger with everything --also very good. For apps, we had the onion rings (fabulous) and the spinach cheese dip (also fabulous) We both had cherry cokes -- wonderful fountain fresh version (way better than the canned stuff.)

Here is the review my DH wrote from when we ate there in August.

The review was very helpful, thanks! I loved the pictures and you definately convinced me to order the burger! One question though...can one individual order the spinach & artichoke dip on the DxDDP? It indicates "for 2" on the menu on allears. I'd love to be able to get the dip and for DH to get the onion rings so we can both share!

The chicken sandwich is good, and you have to get a milk shake! It's to die for! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter