What's good at Chef Mickey's dinner?

I read all the bad reviews about CM's before our trip, but still made the reservation anyway. It ended up being my least favorite meal in terms of the food, but the character interaction was good. My opinion is, you never know unless you try it! I did like the desserts, but honestly I only ate the salad and the mashed potatoes. Nothing else appealed to me!

the only thing i didnt like was the soft serve ice cream. It was more like a drippy ice milk not creamy at all like ice cream should be.

We did think the parmesan mashed potatoes were good. Peel & eat shrimp was good and of course the salad. We went to Chef Mickey's for reasons other than food so we expected the worst. :earsboy:

Timing might have something to do with it too. We always get the first possible seating. In fact, we usually show up a few minutes before opening as a walk-up and are always seated right away.

At that time there are no crowds, the food is fresh and the character interaction is amazing since they are not rushed along.

Chef Mickey's is our first dinner of our trip. We won't be going to a theme park that day so we decided a character dinner would be a lot of fun with the kids, and to get right into that Disney feeling! Our ADR is for 5PM (I believe that is when they open). We plan to show up 15-20 minutes early, as we do for every ADR.

This all sounds good to me!

And they have the usual kid-friendly foods on the buffet as well, right? As long as there is either mac 'n' cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, or PB & J, my kids are thrilled!

Absolutely. When we were there, they had pizza, mac and cheese, and mickey ravioli. :)

chef mickey's isnt my favorite dinner but its pretty good the characters r really fun nd the food is decent it wat you will expect froma buffet just better, dont expect like victoria and alberts food

The mashed potatoes are almost reason alone to go to Chef Mickey's!! :rotfl: I also really liked the turkey from the carving station, the cheesy potatoes, the little corn muffins...and of course, the sundae bar! The colorful, minty nonpareils are the best! :)

We are going to Chef Mickey's in June and are also worried about all the bad reviews. As of right now we are keeping the reservatio because we are taking our 6yo niece and figure if it is a bad experience for us it will at least be a good one for her. If we go by ourselves and it is bad, no one will be happy. I am not looking to feel like I just walked out of Narcossees or Boma. My expectations are very simple: I want to take some great pictures of my niece, eat enough food to hold me over until i can get to main street bakery later, and not end of finding all the hidden Mickeys in the OKW br that night. :rotfl2:

Not a big fan of buffets (except Boma) but, went with friend of mine few weeks ago and ate at Chef Mickeys. (friends son works there) They had some ribs that were really very good, went back for more!!! The parma potatoes are great, salads, shrimp and soups are good. My friend loved the salmon. Desserts are always good, not impressed with the ice cream, but kids love it. It's not a bad place to eat, just not one of my favorites.

can you tell me about the salad bar? What do they have on it? DH is a pretty healthy eater, and I am hoping he can at least enjoy a nice salad!

can you tell me about the salad bar? What do they have on it? DH is a pretty healthy eater, and I am hoping he can at least enjoy a nice salad!

There was not a lot for the salad bar. It was iceburg lettuce/shredded carrot/raddish mix (like the bags of mix that you buy at the grocery store), cubed ham, cubed turkey, shredded cheddar, shredded parm, croutons, and green peppers(I think) There were no tomatoes, or cucumbers.

I know that there was Ranch, Caesar, and I think French dressing..possibly a vinagrette also.

We were just there on 4/21

My husband, said that he wishes that there would have been more fixin's available for the salad.

Love Chef Mickeys. Good food & fun. Best Disney feeling resturant. Everything is good there. It's not Gourmet. A must do every trip.:thumbsup2:worship:

The mashed potatoes were good and so were a few of the desserts. That is about it.

Years ago the food was so much better. I would not go there for the food.

The mashed potatoes were good and so were a few of the desserts. That is about it.

Years ago the food was so much better. I would not go there for the food.

We're going mainly for the characters for the kids, just wanted to know what tastes decent from the buffet. I'm sure we'll find something we like. As long as there is a protein source, a veggie and a starch I like, I will be fine, and I'm sure I'll be able to find those!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter