Whats Going On...

genetic jackhammer

Mouseketeer
At the world around May 10, 2005?? Tried to book Polynesian and only rooms left are lagoon view concierge. Coronado Springs is completely sold out, and if I recall, only concierge available at the Beach Club. We decided to go on May 10 to avoid what we figured would be crowds for the 50th anniversary celebration beginning May 5, but when I enter those dates, there are rooms available at all the resorts in all categories. Is there a convention at CSR and perhaps blocks of rooms at other resorts being reserved?? Doesn't look good for getting any code discounts at the Polynesian :sad2:

Any insight from Dis experts?? Booked WL and we are happy with that, but DD's really love the Polynesian...I'll just keep checking to see if any rooms open up due to cancellations, but figured I would pass along the info.

Expedia shows availablility everywhere for the dates I entered, May 9-May 13.
There were only a few categories on a a few nights that were unavailable primarily at the Yacht Club and a couple random nights elsewhere.

Hmmm...well, I just made a ressie for POFQ for May 6th and 7th (Fri and Sat) and didn't have a problem. But I do not want to go when it is crowded, that's for sure. We are spoiled as we usually go in the middle of the week in January. I am a little nervous about the heat and crowds.

I will tell ya, we will NOT pay the $185 per night for POFQ. I will cancel if codes do not come out. I just cannot pay that much for a mod. I just can't do it! :confused3

Lemme tell ya, the WL is AWESOME. It might be just what you need to get out of your POLY rut (not that there is anything wrong with being in a POLY rut...I am in a WL rut! LOL!) You will probably really miss the monorail. I have never stayed at a monorail resort (the themings at those resorts do not interest me...plus the price REALLY doesn't interest me! LOL!) so I do not mind the boat ride to MK. Remember, you can always ride a boat to th Contemporary and catch a monorail from there. Or you can ride a boat to Ft Wilderness and go to the petting zoo, pony rides, Trails End Buffet, Hoop De Doo Revue...we never use a car when staying at WL.

Have fun!

It's weird but the second week of May almost seems like it will be busier than the first. If you look at the list of who is going in May, there are definitely more people going the 2nd week. When I tried to book flights from Chicago, it was more expensive the 2nd week of May because the good flight times were almost sold out. I have a feeling that it will not be the light May crowds that I have heard about in some years past.

Isn't that about the time for the big kickoff of Cindercellebration? I thought I heard something about May 5, being the opening of Soar'in and other activities.

Also, don't forget about Mother's Day! They're having a Mother's Day brunch at Epcot on the 8th I think.

Possibly people want to avoid the hoopla on the 5th, but still want to see all of the new things, so are coming the next week??

Hi Wildernesslodgelover,

I think we made a good decision going with WL too...going for a wood view for now and maybe we'll upgrade to a courtyard view if the price is right later (c'mon codes). I have a question that perhaps you might have the answer too..or anyone else for that matter...are the bunk beds big enough for a 9 year old about 54 inches long??

GJ...funny name, BTW! I am almost scared to ask what it means.... ;) :earseek: :rotfl2:

I cannot help you with that, as I have never had bunkbeds in the room. Hopefully someone else will know, or you can start a seperate thread.

Woods view is lovely. I would suggest trying to be on the 3rd 4th or 5th floor, as the rooms on the 6th and 7th have solid balconies that you actually have to stand up to see over. i prefer the slatted balconies.

Just something to think about...I would rather have woods view with slatted balcony that courtyard with solid. JMHO, though... :wave:

ILoveWDW2003 said:
Possibly people want to avoid the hoopla on the 5th, but still want to see all of the new things, so are coming the next week??

We're in that boat!! I wanted to avoid the crowds on May 5-6, but still wanted see the new events firsthand. Unfortunately, I think everyone decided to do the same :sad2:

We had bunk beds on our last visit, and I think they would be fine for a 9 yr. old. My 5 yr. old dd is 42" and she looked lost in that bed! We were on the 4th floor and had a woods view. Room 4032. We could see the castle, space mountain and the monorail coming out of the CR from our room! We also watched Wishes one night from our balcony. It was wonderful! You'll love it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter