What's going on with the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - Helenabear, Poohnatic, PoohandWendy, katerkat, Bob Slydell, kejoda, DisneyPhd, Aidensmom, MissJasmine, becka are just horrible people - scum of the earth. :rolleyes: NOT! What about Snoopy/Junie Jay? One of the most popular mods/posters ever - banned!

We've only heard one side - Doc - and 36 people have been banned for no reason. Let's hear the other side.

I have spent 8 years on this board. I've established close friendships with many people. I've met several of them in real life. I exchange birthday and Christmas gifts with many.

When someone, even a poster I don't know, asks for prayer for a loved one - I actually bow my head at the keyboard and say a prayer right then and there.

I've watched posters grow from highschoolers and college kids to married people with children.

I've been online and became part of a thread when a fellow DISer was so down that he wanted to commit suicide and lots of us stayed up all night telling him that life was worth living.

I've checked the DIS anxiously awaiting news of a birth of a new DISer.

I always thought this was a family board -- sure we had our share of Crazy Uncle Eddie's and Weird Cousin Al's. Just like any family, I haven't always liked all members. Heck, yeah, I even detest a couple. But, like in RL, I tried to ignore the bad because the good was far more.

That's all changed. Someone took off my rose colored glasses and broke them.

The tide has been turning for a couple of years. The iron fist has been lowered time and time again -- for piss poor reasons.

If you don't share the "popular board view," you're in trouble. No, you're banned.

This entire banning situation was uncalled for -- and it's just a big old fiasco and obviously an embarrassment to the management and they are trying to sweep it under the table.

What a disheartening week for the DIS Community. :sad2:

many of us feel this way

I was reading both places when the redirect happened too.

On the undis people started commenting about threads there to the dis redirecting to another undis thread. That's fine. The DIS WMs have a right to block certain referral sites...no big deal on that but it was obvious that the DIS WMs were doing some tinkering. Then all of a sudden you click on a DIS link and you are dumped to the undis site. Since it was obvious that the DIS WMs were tinkering I feel it was safe to assume that they made an error on a setting. They corrected it in a couple of minutes but then the "What just happened!" threads started popping up and understandably so! Those threads were all poofed without comment and the bannings started.

What I don't get is why the WMs didn't post "sorry for the error. We were looking to block a site from linking here because we didn't appreciate their intent and we accidentally set something wrong. Won't happen again. No need to fear for your passwords or viruses." Or if someone hacked in they did correct it awfully fast and I would have expected a "please reset your passwords" or some such post.

The fact that it was swept away immediately and then all these people started being banned it does certainly give credibility to the one side that has been prevented. I can't imagine what legal issue there is from this??? How could it be a legal issue for nearly 40 people? Surely if one of them hacked the system you could see the IPs of people who accessed the admin pannel and if it was one of those people, since they were disboards members surely they could be singled out and it wouldn't be 40 people banned like this.

I guess I'll be waiting for the other side too but at this point it's going to take a lot to rebuff what I witnessed.

This will be a tough question to answer, both here, and to their attorney.

Attempting legal action for something you started will not go well.
no?
I can just imagine that arguement.
'yes sir. I sent them to the one website I hate. So I want to take legal action.'
'why you ask? because they liked it and stayed'

If the moderators are wise, they'll lock this thing up now. The announcement has been made. The owners can't discuss the situation. There's nothing more to be gained except people who have an agenda staging their attack from another website.

That is probably the worst thing they can do as they will further alienate a lot of upset posters. It proves the upset posters point.

If the moderators are wise, they'll lock this thing up now. The announcement has been made. The owners can't discuss the situation. There's nothing more to be gained except people who have an agenda staging their attack from another website.

WHY? This is first time we have ever been allowed to talk about it.

You know,, I've always posted in my own name, here and on the other place..I've never posted anything nasty over there and in fact rarely post.. I have seen nicer posters than me who posted to the other board less than me be banned..I debated even posting over there when all of this went down but decided I'd rather be banned for doing the right thing than stay here and pretend nothing is going on. SO I've sat here for a few days waiting for my own banning. I shouldn't have to do that and neither should anyone else

I don't have an agenda - and I'm not staging an attack from another website, THANK-YOU-VERY-MUCH!

I haven't seen anything that warrants having this thread being locked. People are upset and are asking for a reason.

If this thread upsets you, may I suggest hitting the back button or just ignoring the entire thread?

no?
I can just imagine that arguement.
'yes sir. I sent them to the one website I hate. So I want to take legal action.'
'why you ask? because they liked it and stayed'

You just messed up a yawn. I read that last sentence and busted out laughing.:rotfl:

35 people have disappeared. That is what has transpired.

And it continues to grow.... We would just like to know why. Perhaps some could have avoided it if they knew exactly what they could or could not do. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

That's not what's going on at all

... and that side has been promised.

Again, if you refuse to wait for the other side of the story, that's your prerogative and there is no reason to wait for any explanation when you are so willing to accept what little you know as fact and truth.

It seems that another agendum is at work here in spite of Alex's statement and many have already made uop their mind based on incomplete information. Why not challenge the motives of the side you have heard as well?

Why not wait until said "attorney" tells you you can clear the air instead of post something as inane as this first and then start deleting posts right and left and stating that when the time is right you'll explain. :confused3

It feels so childish to put the "tease" out there with "I'd like to tell you this juicy side of the story".....buuuuut I can't.

That is probably the worst thing they can do as they will further alienate a lot of upset posters. It proves the upset posters point.
The only thing that has been proven here is that people who have an axe to grind are grinding it the only way they can: with innuendo and misdirection, re-registering over and over again as soon as a new user name gets banned.

The attack on the DIS continues.

Good Lord. I want to know why some of the people I were friendly with, were banned for apparently no good reason.

I don't understand why the WMs started this thread, leaving it dangling over us, and then not telling us what happened.

Cue the drama from stage left!

Everyone posting is absolutely right. If there were all about posters being banned, a redirect or anything of the sort there would be no legal issue.
As I stated in my original post there is more to this than what you could possibly know by only hearing one side of the story.
I'm sorry if you choose not to believe that, it's your right to believe whatever you want. I had hoped to explain why we are not commenting on the situation as a lot of people felt left in the dark.
The same answer holds true, it's in the hands of the corporate attorney and that's all we can say

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter