What's going on with the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to get you in trouble. I just can't figure why some were and some weren't banned. You "get" that, right? In the event I'm banned, I don't want you thinking that my last post was against you. :)

I know that.. NO worries.. I've been wondering myself why I was left alone..I don't want special treatment..I've also never posted anything I'm ashamed of nor have I ever hidden my identity

This is all interestingly sad.

And if you're wondering about deleted posts...the post numbers of deleted posts seem to be missing....

Why start this thread if you can't answer questions:confused3 ...seems to me like you've opened a bigger can of worms than you can handle at this time.

I'm not listening to rumors. I am listening to a couple of friends of mine. One of whom was actually in WDW when he was banned. Another one was home with her DH and not on the computer. How could you think people wouldn't be concerned? None of the people that I know of--and it's more than the two mentioned have been given ANY reason for being banned. Isn't that the point of the points system--so that people know what they did wrong?

I know of another who got no explanation whatsoever and her emails have been ignored.

I think it is only fair to give people a reason, I think people deserved a warning first. But to be banned with no reason, just poof and with no appeals process, hardly seems fair

Ya know, the same thing that's going on here has happened on other websites/Internet BB and the outcome is always the same. You see bickering, nasty comments, and warfare between members who post on competing sites. It transforms from supposedly rational adults chatting with each other, to a mean high school mentality. A "he said, she said" type of thing, it keeps growing and just gets nastier.

Next thing you know huge chunks of members are banned, online friendships ruined, hard feelings all around, and nothing is the same after the smoke clears. I just don't get it and why does it have to be like this?:confused3 As adults we should have the ability to reason with each other and find some common ground.

I have seen this before and I'm staying clear of this latest debacle. I hope those who are reading this on other sites and reporting everything that is said here, will realise that no good can come out what's currently going on. Just my two cents and may everything work it's self out.

So, what is going on with the boards? :confused3

I know one side of this, but what is going on here on the DIS?

Anybody???

This is all interestingly sad.

And if you're wondering about deleted posts...the post numbers of deleted posts seem to be missing....
I never noticed that.

Why start this thread if you can't answer questions:confused3 ...seems to me like you've opened a bigger can of worms than you can handle at this time.
I was wondering that too. It had to be expected that a lot of us are upset about our friends.

As Alex has aleady so eloquently stated, anything anyone has read or heard thus far is only one side of the story ... and, as in most cases, there is definitely another side to be considered in this situation.

If you wish to believe the propaganda and rumors that have been offered to date that is your prerogative, however it might be worthwhile waiting for the explanation promised by Alex.

It seems that some may have another agendum here so it might be best to wait until the "rest of the story" is shared rather than accepting other agenda at this time.
Are you surprised? Some people's friends have been bounced without explanation.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time buying it. That list is way too large and way too diverse. It is a real shame too. It honestly makes me queasy.

Sorry Aisling, that just isn't true. A few may have been but MOST were most definitely not.

MosMom, you're right. I shouldn't have said "most". I was wrong. I should have said "some". Still makes the list shorter. Just sayin'.

Now I have a cruise to plan. Good evening, all!

I know of another who got no explanation whatsoever and her emails have been ignored.

I think it is only fair to give people a reason, I think people deserved a warning first. But to be banned with no reason, just poof and with no appeals process, hardly seems fair
That is what is really upsetting.
Just banning without an explaination seems kinda cowardly to me.

I hope things get straightened out and the banning of people simply for posting on another site was a mistake/fluke/misunderstanding. There were some of the list I sure didn't cry over, however I don't think that anyone, including some people on my "crap" list, should be banned for simply using another board. If they are continually ragging on the DIS I don't know why they'd want to post here, but from the rumors I've heard that wasn't the case. I can't imagine Miss J and kejoda talking smack on the UN. I don't know Aidensmom or PhD as well, but I've respected their opinions in the past.

I would love to hear both sides of the story.

I've heard on, and I shall wait for the other.

Thank you, webmaster/mods for at least saying something. I hate when other board runners can't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter