What's going on with the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit all of the "poofed" threads made me curious. I googled & found a site where a bunch of former Dis'rs post. Apparently, I had registered there sometime in the past.....I don't even remember when or why.

It was sad to see so many familiar names who apparently are no longer welcome here. I don't really have any idea what happened & am curious to hear both sides.

I will admit I was worried with what I read - I didn't want to be banned from an incidental association. Are we free to belong to other Disney sites? I don't want to be banned from here, but I do believe in freedom of speech.

Hopefully, this will all work out.

Some message boards (like EZboard) have universal usernames: i.e. you register for an EZboard to discuss say...Survivor, and you can log on to pretty much any other EZboard.

Which makes the notion of banning anyone who has ever visited one particular board especially troubling. You may indeed have never registered "there" but you will be logged on to that board because you registered with some other board that uses the same platform.

Cut that list in half. Most of them used two or three usernames. Duh.

I support the Dis!

Sorry Aisling, that just isn't true. A few may have been but MOST were most definitely not.

I will admit all of the "poofed" threads made me curious. I googled & found a site where a bunch of former Dis'rs post. Apparently, I had registered there sometime in the past.....I don't even remember when or why.

It was sad to see so many familiar names who apparently are no longer welcome here. I don't really have any idea what happened & am curious to hear both sides.

I will admit I was worried with what I read - I didn't want to be banned from an incidental association. Are we free to belong to other Disney sites? I don't want to be banned from here, but I do believe in freedom of speech.

Hopefully, this will all work out.

Know what you mean, I joind about 8 Disney related sites when I first started to get into the boards, and get good info on vacations and so on.

I quit posting on them because the DIS seemed to have it all. "one stop shopping" so to speak. I am probably still registered on them, even though I havn't posted anything in a very long time. In fact, some of them I posted once, just to get the account active. Then realized that it wasn't worth the effort to be there, and HERE!

If it is a legal problem, like they say, perhaps they could get their attorney to give a press release or something?

Apparently, being a member of the other site is a bannable offense for some people. I don't think she deserved to be banned. Or Miss Jasmine. Or, well the list goes on and on. By the way, I'm a member there too. You want to ban me? Be my guest. I follow Dis rules here. But I'm not going to follow them elsewhere!

Miss Jasmine too. WOW. Think I know which site you are speaking of now. I have a membership over there I think I posted a total of 2 times in defense of someone who was being jumped on. It wasn't the type of thing I am interested in reading so I don't go there. I can't even remember my id or password. It was a couple of years ago. Does this mean I will be banned or have legal action taken against me too? There has to be more to this than just posting on another site if it is a legal issue.

We can't comment means "We can't comment". I will say this if you are not involved you have nothing to be concerned about.
Don't listen to rumors

I'm not listening to rumors. I am listening to a couple of friends of mine. One of whom was actually in WDW when he was banned. Another one was home with her DH and not on the computer. How could you think people wouldn't be concerned? None of the people that I know of--and it's more than the two mentioned have been given ANY reason for being banned. Isn't that the point of the points system--so that people know what they did wrong?

Well, I'm not going to lie or hide it..
I haven't either. I know of a few posters here, that read over there. But are so afraid to sign in or click any of the teletubby~ I mean DIS~ links for fear of being banned.

Coolbeans..You are abolutely right .I have posted both here and there in the last couple of days and was not banned...
I'm not trying to get you in trouble. I just can't figure why some were and some weren't banned. You "get" that, right? In the event I'm banned, I don't want you thinking that my last post was against you. :)

I have to admit that I am concerned that mere membership on one website may get you banned here on the DIS. That just doesn't seem right to me. As long as someone follows the rules here, then what does it matter if they belong to another site?

Does this mean that I have to give up my membership at TGM? WDWMagic? The Lodge? :confused3

I've got a pretty large group of friends that hang out on the DIS and have meets and so forth and all of them are disgusted over the bannings. Most have lost their Zest to even visit here anymore. They started a new thread and if I want to talk to them, I have to go there. All because of this nonsense.

As Alex has aleady so eloquently stated, anything anyone has read or heard thus far is only one side of the story ... and, as in most cases, there is definitely another side to be considered in this situation.

If you wish to believe the propaganda and rumors that have been offered to date that is your prerogative, however it might be worthwhile waiting for the explanation promised by Alex.

It seems that some may have another agendum here so it might be best to wait until the "rest of the story" is shared rather than accepting other agenda at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter