• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's Going on With the 11 Night Norway Prices?!

Royal Consort

DIS Veteran
:eek:

I checked out the Disney cruise site today and priced out our 11 night Norway/Iceland cruise for 2015 which we booked on day 1 pricing. Our category is currently fully booked but the category below is almost $4,000 more expensive than when we booked. The cruises have only been out for just over a month... how much can they increase by?! What's going on?!

I do hope people understand that even though Disney is promoting this cruise as an "11 Night North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland" cruise, there are no north Norwegian fjords; it travels only to the south (???). The cruise before it offers more fjords in fact. We booked that one as well and feel more excited about it actually. But really, wow. That's a major price increase that I don't fully comprehend.

:eek:

I checked out the Disney cruise site today and priced out our 11 night Norway/Iceland cruise for 2015 which we booked on day 1 pricing. Our category is currently fully booked but the category below is almost $4,000 more expensive than when we booked. The cruises have only been out for just over a month... how much can they increase by?! What's going on?!

I do hope people understand that even though Disney is promoting this cruise as an "11 Night North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland" cruise, there are no north Norwegian fjords; it travels only to the south (???). The cruise before it offers more fjords in fact. We booked that one as well and feel more excited about it actually. But really, wow. That's a major price increase that I don't fully comprehend.

It's typical that prices will rise as space fills onboard. Some cruises have very dramatic price increases (even within hours of itineraries being released). Others, the increases are much slower.

I booked on opening day for the first week of June 2015 on the Wonder to Alaska. Our category is sold out and the next lower one is already $1600 more than what we paid. I was hoping we might be able to rebook it when we're on the Fantasy next month to save the 10% but I guess that idea is out the window!

It just seems mad! The fact a cruise can go up I understand but an increase of 60%?! Disney must be thrilled.

:eek: I checked out the Disney cruise site today and priced out our 11 night Norway/Iceland cruise for 2015 which we booked on day 1 pricing. Our category is currently fully booked but the category below is almost $4,000 more expensive than when we booked. The cruises have only been out for just over a month... how much can they increase by?! What's going on?! I do hope people understand that even though Disney is promoting this cruise as an "11 Night North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland" cruise, there are no north Norwegian fjords; it travels only to the south (???). The cruise before it offers more fjords in fact. We booked that one as well and feel more excited about it actually. But really, wow. That's a major price increase that I don't fully comprehend.

It's not hard to understand .. F-r-o-z-e-n

It's not hard to understand .. F-r-o-z-e-n

I actually think Iceland is more of a pull than Frozen. The Norway cruises (7 and 9 night) are selling a lot less quickly than this 11 day one, and they see A LOT more of Norway, including some areas, like Bergen, that inspired parts of Arendelle.

The number of cruises is limited so demand is high. This doesn't surprise me. That's usually what has happened in the past with our spring break cruises within months of opening day for some categories, if they weren't already sold out.

I didn't even check the prices for that cruise. I checked the number of cruises and knowing how much they have been promoting them and knew that I couldn't afford it. Congrats to those of you who got the opening day prices. Have a great time. Maybe next year they will add more sail dates.

Some cruises double in price and some end up being heavily discounted. I guess it all works out for DCL in the long run.

I actually think Iceland is more of a pull than Frozen. The Norway cruises (7 and 9 night) are selling a lot less quickly than this 11 day one, and they see A LOT more of Norway, including some areas, like Bergen, that inspired parts of Arendelle.

You'd think it had to be wouldn't you? Not entirely sure why. As far as I'm concerned the other Norway cruises are much more picturesque and more exciting. I think our booking for the 9 night has only gone up $200 while the 11 night has gone up $4,000. I feel the 9-night is more exciting than the 11 night as you explore much more of Norway. Of course both together will be wonderful as I would like to see Iceland and some of the Norwegian cities.

You'd think it had to be wouldn't you? Not entirely sure why. As far as I'm concerned the other Norway cruises are much more picturesque and more exciting. I think our booking for the 9 night has only gone up $200 while the 11 night has gone up $4,000. I feel the 9-night is more exciting than the 11 night as you explore much more of Norway. Of course both together will be wonderful as I would like to see Iceland and some of the Norwegian cities.

I don't agree, but that's why I booked the 11 night and not the 9 night.
Visiting Iceland for an overnight stop with its 24hr light will be amazing. We get to see the Fjords in Norway and we also get to visit the Orkney Isles. We live in the UK and have never been there, despite it being part of the same country!! We can't wait to go there .. I'm more excited about Orkney than Norway.
Horses for courses and all that .. What one person loves, another person hates .. Or maybe not that strongly, but you get the picture!

Visiting Iceland for an overnight stop with its 24hr light will be amazing. We get to see the Fjords in Norway and we also get to visit the Orkney Isles. We live in the UK and have never been there, despite it being part of the same country!! We can't wait to go there .. I'm more excited about Orkney than Norway.
Horses for courses and all that .. What one person loves, another person hates .. Or maybe not that strongly, but you get the picture!

Don't get me wrong, both cruises are great and I'm looking forward to the two of them!

My dad and I booked 11 night because it's, 11 night, it goes from Copenhagen to Dover(two places we want to go, it worked better time wise, Iceland is a plus

Agreed. We had considered both cruises, but DW wanted to see the fjords so we opted for the 9 night as well. The 11 night just stayed too far south in Norway for us. Iceland would be great though. I'm so glad DCL is branching off into these different itineraries. Makes for tough but fun choices.

Visiting Iceland was one of my reasons I liked we booked the 11 night, I like the fact it's overnight. There are other reasons before that, also after just now looking at it realized the port I want to go to Oslo, Norway isn't on the 9 night. So works out for me, don't ask why I want to go there, I have no clue, just from looking at others pictures, etc

Visiting Iceland was one of my reasons I liked we booked the 11 night, I like the fact it's overnight. There are other reasons before that, also after just now looking at it realized the port I want to go to Oslo, Norway isn't on the 9 night. So works out for me, don't ask why I want to go there, I have no clue, just from looking at others pictures, etc

Oslo is a cool port. Watching the Epcot Norway movie was ingrained in me as a child (before you were allowed to skip it). Ever since then, the Oseberg ship was on my bucket list. Geeky? Absolutely, but it did not disappoint.

Oslo is a cool port. Watching the Epcot Norway movie was ingrained in me as a child (before you were allowed to skip it). Ever since then, the Oseberg ship was on my bucket list. Geeky? Absolutely, but it did not disappoint.

seen that ship in pictures, never heard or read anything about it, but one of the reasons I do want to go to the port:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter