What's going on with National and the DC discount?

JandD Mom

Striving for a magical life!
Hi everyone,

I was on the national web site today to check the rates for my trip, and when the rate comes up, it comes up without my disney club discount, even though I put in the club number. It does accept my coupon though. Anyone know what's going on with that?

I'm not sure what is going on with the DC discount....I was checking rates this AM and the discount was showing as 10% not the 20% my existing ressie. has.

It was this time last year rates in general went down for my time period to travel which is mid-Jan. but the rate as of this AM is $10.00 more a week then what I already have.

Very odd and not what I was expecting. I hope they are just having a glitch in the system (it has happened before) and the rates and DC discount will go back to what they were.

Colleen

Originally posted by Jcricket Fan
I'm not sure what is going on with the DC discount....I was checking rates this AM and the discount was showing as 10% not the 20% my existing ressie. has.

I checked the dates I need for my rental and the DC discount is only 10% for me as well, when it was 20% for the last few months. All the DC literature mentions 10% discount on National. I wonder if this was a computer glitch before, and they just fixed it. That may explain why a lot of people in the past were having issues with their bills when they dropped the car back off. One thing I know for sure, National's web site is very sporatic and needs some work.

The 10/20% discount isn't showing up for the end of september either! It had been 20% and now it's nothing!!

Maybe they read about the 20% instead of 10% here & decided to change it!

My reservations are for late Oct/Early Nov and are not during any blackout dates. I went on the National web site with my reservation number and viewed my existing reservation. The reservation charges that came up were about $40 more than what I have on my written confirmation and did not include my Disney Club discount anymore.

So I called the EC line. The lady told me what she has in her system (it is about $.80 below what the actual actual written confirmation shows in my favor). Her system did include the DC discount. The lady told me you cannot check the rate of your existing reservation online. She said the only rate that will come up is the current (today's) rate. The rate she had in her system is the rate in effect on the date I made it earlier this month.

What is up with this company? How can they put a view reservation feature on the web site that does not, in fact, allow you to view your actual reservation? Where is the DC discount? I assume this is yet another of a series of glitches National has on their web site. Anyone else have info?

Originally posted by JandD Mom
What is up with this company? How can they put a view reservation feature on the web site that does not, in fact, allow you to view your actual reservation? Where is the DC discount? I assume this is yet another of a series of glitches National has on their web site. Anyone else have info?

I am beginning to wonder if the people who code and support National's web site are the same people who support some of the Disney Web pages. For companies with as much business as they have you would think their web pages would be perfect... Oh well.

A warning this is confusing....

JandD Mom...I'm not sure what the women from National was talking about as far as "you can't see your ressie you made, you see todays prices"

Just because these things bug me...I went in and looked up my confirmed ressie. on-line and the only thing that was different was there was NO DC discount listed at all. All other figures are exactly as I have on my print out of the ressie.

So to try this with todays rates I made a new ressie and put in all the same info. as the confirmed ressie I have and it's showing a higher weekly rate.

SOOOO, to make this all the more confusing....

Looking up my confirmed ressie did not give me todays prices(which should have been different then the ones the ressie is confirmed with if the National lady was correct) I saw exactly what I have a hard copy of only it was missing any mention of the DC discount!

I have a headache.....

I hope National gets their act together soon....gee, they are not affiliated with any government agency are they!!!!

:rolleyes:

Colleen

I just got off the phone with the "website" person from National. She had no explanation as to what was happening, but suggested we write the webmaster with the problems. If you call for rates, they are higher. The website is already discounted. I'm not sure if that is the problem or not, but she said as long as you reserved (wished I had!) you would be okay with the ressie number and print out. She said ALWAYS reserve at the rate you want because you can always cancel.

HI I am having the same trouble, It does not reconize the Contract Id. The internet suport person agreed that it was a web problem and was going to email the webmaster about it, that was 4 hours ago. Here is the internet suport toll free number 1-888-501-9010 please call and complain. Thanks

I just emailed the webmaster with our link on here as well. I'll let you know what I hear.

Now I'm having trouble with the city location AGAIN.

Here is what I wrote to them

***I, along with many others on a Disney forum, are wondering what happened to the Disney Disney (Connections) that was appearing on the website yesterday and this morning. I was going to reserve with the discount after I received the following quote:

Oct 29 - Nov 3
Full sized $134.89
- Disney Connection $22.48
+ taxes = $148.81

Many of us are wondering why the discount, after putting in the correct contract code, is no longer on the website. We know there were problems yesterday with the Emerald Club app.

Please let me know ASAP. I'm not sure if you have to be a member of the DIS website, but here's our link if you care to post or visit. These forums are heavily visited.

http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=692594#post692594

Thank you in advance.

Okay, is it my fault? I posted this Sunday.

"I was just on National's website and saw that they have new regional specials. I clicked on the box and then selected Florida. It showed daily, weekly, and weekend rates. When I tried to book a reservation to see the total price of a full size car with these special rates, the daily rate came up as $70. Anyone have any luck with this? I think the website must be malfunctioning."

Sunday night I called and spoke with someone in their internet support department - no help. Monday morning, I called to speak to the webmaster and they wouldn't let me speak to him, but the lady that "helped" me, realizing that their was a problem, said she would speak with Webmaster about the problem. A few hours later, the regional specials page was changed to last minute specials. So, it looks like not only did they take away the specials (which I was hoping to try to combine with a my 15% off Capital One contract number), but in the process, the Webmaster made some other (not so great) changes.

Hope it's just a glitch and that everything is back to normal soon. Of course, glitch is normal with National's website.

I just tested my ressie, and I am only getting a 5% discount rather than the 15% I should get through Capital One. So, it looks like everyone is losing 10% !!!!!!!

I'm holding a great ressie for next April, so I'm not going to play with the website right now, but I would STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST ever trying to use the View/Change Reservation Options on the National website. The one time I tried to VIEW my reservation ( no changes)last year the price went up about $30 and I was unable to recover my original reservation/price and had to cancel it. Print out your confirmation screen and e-mail confirmation, be content with those, and check for a better price on a new reservation. JMHO:)

All of these changes, do not make any sense. There must be problems with the website. Why would ressies change when viewing them? It could take a while to get the website running properly, but I would hope, they would let everyone know there is an existing problem.

$70/day. What a bargain ;)

We not only lost the 20% for the DC, but the 10% as well. No discount is showing up.

Anyone have good luck with other onsite (airport) car rentals? Maybe we should check them instead :confused:

I just checked my ressie for Jan., and I too have no DC discount listed, and the rate went up about $30.00! I have a print-out of my confirmation with the discount, etc., will they honor that when I get there?

Paja: I was told as long as you have the printed confirmation and the ressie number, you would be okay. But then, how do they know you didn't make some changes? I don't know. Kind of concerns me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter