What's going on end of Feb/first week of march?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by peainapod, Oct 16, 2013.

1. peainapod

peainapod Mouseketeer

We will be there feb27-march 3 and the hotels are very expensive. What's going on. Is it just the start of spring break (although where I live spring break is in April).

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Jonell

Jonell DIS Veteran

Mardi Gras is happening!!!! Schools are out in Louisiana and other southern states and we all flock to WDW :goodvibes

4. peainapod

peainapod Mouseketeer

I am in the south and have never heard of schools being out for Mardi Gras. LOL.We still have school then.

5. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Yes, and they aren't included in the discount that week either (3/5 to 3/14 are a blackout). I had to bump my vacation back a week to get a discounted room. Totally forgot that with Easter so late that Mardi Gras would be late too! :rolleyes1

OP, your dates should fall into the discount period. Have you looked at the special offers page on the Disney website?

6. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

Those dates are NOT blacked out. Believe me, I know. We're going for Mardi Gras also. The thing is that the room only discount goes from 35% to 30% for deluxe hotels, but they are still discounted.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.