What's going on end of Feb/first week of march?

peainapod

Mouseketeer
We will be there feb27-march 3 and the hotels are very expensive. What's going on. Is it just the start of spring break (although where I live spring break is in April).

Mardi Gras is happening!!!! Schools are out in Louisiana and other southern states and we all flock to WDW :goodvibes

Mardi Gras is happening!!!! Schools are out in Louisiana and other southern states and we all flock to WDW :goodvibes

I am in the south and have never heard of schools being out for Mardi Gras. LOL.We still have school then.

Yes, and they aren't included in the discount that week either (3/5 to 3/14 are a blackout). I had to bump my vacation back a week to get a discounted room. Totally forgot that with Easter so late that Mardi Gras would be late too! :rolleyes1

OP, your dates should fall into the discount period. Have you looked at the special offers page on the Disney website?

Yes, and they aren't included in the discount that week either (3/5 to 3/14 are a blackout). I had to bump my vacation back a week to get a discounted room. Totally forgot that with Easter so late that Mardi Gras would be late too! :rolleyes1

OP, your dates should fall into the discount period. Have you looked at the special offers page on the Disney website?

Those dates are NOT blacked out. Believe me, I know. We're going for Mardi Gras also. The thing is that the room only discount goes from 35% to 30% for deluxe hotels, but they are still discounted.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter