What's going on at the Contemporary?

anewvance

<font color=red>Who needs a birthday for birthday
I had heard something about the Contemporary building a vacation club but never heard anything else so I might just be out of the loop. But I was shocked when we were on the monorail this past trip to find they totally knocked down the wing closest to MK and it's a big construction site. Anyone know what's going up there for sure?

Officially, nothing has been announced. I would be VERY surprised if it wasn't going to be DVC at this point, and I can't imagine they will wait long to announce it. It's an expensive parcel of land to let sit long.

They are definately already working on it, it's quite a construction site. I was just so surprised to see the whole wing completely gone!

Based on what is going on where the North Garden Wing use to be and information I have got from Cast Members, it's going to be a DVC building at the Contemporary. All they need to do is officially announce it, however work on the building has already began.

To the people who still say it won't be because WDW also had plans for a DVC building at the Eagle Pines golf course just like they have for the Contemporary here is the difference. Nothing at Eagle Pines was demolished to make room for a DVC building. When the North Garden Wing was demolished that is when I knew and everyone else knew it would be a DVC building based on all the rumours that were out there.

Your siggie picture with the building plan looks "right" for the area. It seemed like a big empty circle from up in the monorail...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter