What's for Christmas dinner?

momz

DIS Veteran
We will be home all day, my husband and I and our 2 school aged kids. My parents will be in and out through the day. We are having oatmeal and fruit for breakfast (husband's request....oh well, it's easy). I haven't made any decisions about the rest of the day. What are you serving for your family? Any suggests for mine?

We are having monkey bread, fruit and juice for breakfast; soup for a light lunch; and for dinner, prime rib, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas, roast carrots and pie.

For breakfast: pancakes and bacon
For dinner: ham with roasted pineapple, chicken (son doesn't like ham), mashed potato, glazed carrots, sauteed garlic strings beans and stuffed mushrooms

Enjoy everyone! :santa:

We always have ham and I'll usually pick up some roast beef from the deli or something for myself because I hate ham. However, my mom told me she's roasting chicken for me to have this year instead. :goodvibes Beyond that, I think we're probably having broccoli-rice casserole (another of my requests) and salad and I'm not sure what else.

Breakfast, I think, will probably be pancakes. Yay!

Not sure for breakfast; maybe waffles!

Prime rib for dinner with mashed potatoes, DD22 is now interested in cooking so she is working on sides. One thing she wants to make is vidalia onion cornbread.

Decided on sides now....roasted vegetables, creamed spinach....still looking for more

Bangers and mash possibly with a Shepherd's Pie. If I do the Shepherd's pie, the mash will be from that.

Trifle is for dessert.

What is Bangers and Mash?

On Christmas we will be on the road, We go to my hubby family those day

Lunch will be turkey and all the good stuff

Dinner Turkey and all the good stuff. I really hate Turkey

Breakfast will be donuts and bagels. We need to have something quick and then go over to my parent's house after we open gifts at home. For dinner, everyone will come too our house. We're having turkey, pizza, dip, etc. Basically everyone's favorites!

What is Bangers and Mash?

On Christmas we will be on the road, We go to my hubby family those day

Lunch will be turkey and all the good stuff

Dinner Turkey and all the good stuff. I really hate Turkey

Bangers are English sausages--quite tasty....

Mash....is mashed taters.

DH and I didn't want a turkey and I didn't want a ham and prime rib--a bit pricey.

We are going out on Christmas eve, so Christmas day tends to be rather easy fixin's.

Christmas Eve will be assorted Italian fare and Crablegs. Christmas Day will be oyster stew at my Mom's home.

Going to my parents...

Breakfast:
Over easy eggs
english muffins
sausage
bacon
corn beef hash
orange juice
pankcakes

Dinner:
Filet Mignon
Mashed potatoes
broccoli

My parents usually buy all the food for x-mas eve and x-mas day....but I thought I would treat them to the filets for x-mas dinner. I got a great buy from Omaha Steaks ;)

Bangers are English sausages--quite tasty....

Mash....is mashed taters.

DH and I didn't want a turkey and I didn't want a ham and prime rib--a bit pricey.

We are going out on Christmas eve, so Christmas day tends to be rather easy fixin's.

Breakfast- Monkey Bread, fruit salad, scrambled eggs & bacon
Lunch-More monkey bread & probably candy canes :cool1:
Dinner-Filet of beef, salmon, roasted potatoes & green beans
Plus lots of appetizers...and I'm not cooking, just bringing a lemon tart for dessert!:goodvibes

Christmas Eve dinner for 20+ people:

Dinner Menu:
Turkey and stuffing
Spiral cut honey-baked ham
Mashed potatoes and gravy (from a jar)
Peas and Carrots
Green Bean Casserole
Candied Yams
Chicken flavored rice
Rolls with butter
Cranberry sauce

Snacks before dinner: (simple, everyone is alway late)
Deviled eggs
Celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese (with olives and plain)
Chips and Dip

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
Gooey Pumpkin cake
Cheese cake
Apple Pie
Whipped cream

Drinks:
World famous Strawberry Bowle
Wine
Sodas

Christmas Day:

Leftovers and fend for yourself day and breath a big sigh of relief that its over!

We will have breakfast at my parents..eggs, bacon, sausage and french toast. Dinner will just be the 3 of us, we are having New York Strips and a bunch of other goodies.

For dinner I'm doing:

cornish game hens
roast in the crock pot
mashed potatoes
stuffing
cooked carrots
green beans
biscuits
corn

First year every we're not doing turkey. Kids just haven't been a fan of it the last couple years.

Just the 4 of us for the day
Breakfast will be baked omlets and homefries
Late lunch will be prime rib, twice baked potatoes, green beans, and rolls
Off to a movie...its our family tradition
Supper will be appetizers/munchies: shrimp dip, cubed cheese and sausage, beer bread and spinach dip.

It will be a very relaxed day for us. I'm so looking forward to it.

Appetizers:

Shrimp cocktail
Egg Rolls
Chicken Wings
Veggie tray w/dip
cheese & crackers
Chips & Dip

Dinner:

Steak on grill
baked potatoes
Broccoli
Summer Squash
Rolls

Ham
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Applesauce
Pineapple
Broccoli and Cheese
Corn
Rolls

Apple Crumb and Blueberry Pie

These threads always make me so hungry..
drool.gif

DFi works Christmas evening, and it'll be my first Christmas since my parents moved to Florida, so.. I'll probably spend the evening on the couch watching some Christmas movies, with chinese take-out or McDonalds. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter