What's for breakfast Christmas morning?

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
... eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, pancakes, home fries, biscuits? So, what's it gonna be?

We're going to my parents' house for a late morning Christmas breakfast. We're having country ham, biscuits, red-eye gravy, eggs, and hashbrown casserole. I can't wait! :woohoo:

We're going to my parents' house for a late morning Christmas breakfast. We're having country ham, biscuits, red-eye gravy, eggs, and hashbrown casserole. I can't wait! :woohoo:

What's red eye gravy? Sounds interesting.

My dream breakfast would be like Cracker Barrel's. Eggs, ham steak, biscuits and sawmill gravy:cool1:. AND COFFEE!

Most likely, since I'm making it, it will be pancakes, bacon, eggs, AND COFFEE:thumbsup2!

Christmas brunch at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando.

agnes!

What's red eye gravy? Sounds interesting.

My dream breakfast would be like Cracker Barrel's. Eggs, ham steak, biscuits and sawmill gravy:cool1:. AND COFFEE!

Most likely, since I'm making it, it will be pancakes, bacon, eggs, AND COFFEE:thumbsup2!

It's a thin gravy made by mixing the pan drippings from the country ham and coffee.

I don't eat it, because I don't like coffee, but everyone else loves it. My DH is from Connecticut, and he had never heard of it before meeting me. It must be a Southern thing. Of course, he had never heard of country ham, either. When he ate it for the first time, he said "Wow, this is salty!" :lmao:

prod_5.jpg

Stuffed french toast with blueberry syrup..usually I make the Main Street French Toast Loaf..but wanted a change!

Thanks for reminding me. I have to get started on my homemade from scratch caramel and pecan rolls. Yes, I get the dough started on the night before, let it cure and rise and bake them that morning..

They are a lot of work (with the homemade dough, caramel and struesel) but they are delicious.

I got a recipe from a Diser yesterday too, on the Budget Board there's a whole thread on Christmas morning breakfast. :) I'm making a hash brown casserole and cinnamon rolls, unless I don't get the hash browns, then I'll make eggs, sausage, ham and cinnamon rolls. :)

The biggest part (for me) is the dogs do NOT go for their usual morning walk! Then it's buttermilk pancakes with oodles of real butter, sausage and bacon. After that it's back to bed for the breakfast coma.

Breakfast pizza!
Hashbrowns topped with ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, green onion & cheese!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter