What's everyone selling on eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put up an auction last night. I am selling an adorable new with tags Winnie the Pooh Women's Robe with matching slippers and a New In Box with tags Disney Watch direct from Walt Disney World. Screenname is Babsy1960

I just listed 2 cute pair of sandle shoes that would be great for the holidays.
A polo sport messanger bag
Whac-a- mole game for GoGo Gaming System

ebay ID: Lduane18154nwo

I also put "Proud Member of Disboards" on all my listed items

Have a great Holiday Season!

Bo'sMom said:
I just put up an auction last night. I am selling an adorable new with tags Winnie the Pooh Women's Robe with matching slippers and a New In Box with tags Disney Watch direct from Walt Disney World. Screenname is Babsy1960

I noticed that many of you on the DIS only ship to the USA... :confused3

That's sad, because many of us here in Canada would be interested in bidding but cannot. Most of us are willing to pay extra to have it delivered to Canada, so you really have nothing to loose... Maybe a little 2 minutes extra at the Post Office (no extra minutes if you ship with Paypal - love this!) but you would get a LOT more buyers...

Bo'sMom: I'd be interested in both your items... Why don't you ship to Canada???

shoppingbou said:

That's sad, because many of us here in Canada would be interested in bidding but cannot. Most of us are willing to pay extra to have it delivered to Canada, so you really have nothing to loose... Maybe a little 2 minutes extra at the Post Office (no extra minutes if you ship with Paypal - love this!) but you would get a LOT more buyers...

Bo'sMom: I'd be interested in both your items... Why don't you ship to Canada???

Doesn't shipping to Canada require a form to be filled out? I personally print labels for my items from paypal and then take them to work with me. I don't have time to go to the Post Office. One time I did ship something to Canada and had to fill out a form.

summerrluvv said:
One time I did ship something to Canada and had to fill out a form.

I would also like to know the answer that that too since the few times I shipped to Canada I had to fill out customs forms. If you ship to Paypal does that generate those same forms??

Looking forward to the answer as I sell a lot on Ebay but have shyed away from offering anything other than USA shipping. :sunny:

summerrluvv said:
Doesn't shipping to Canada require a form to be filled out? I personally print labels for my items from paypal and then take them to work with me. I don't have time to go to the Post Office. One time I did ship something to Canada and had to fill out a form.

There is a customs form that needs filled out. It does only take a minute, but tht being said we are only offering a couple things to our friends up north this time around.

ntburns22 said:
There is a customs form that needs filled out. It does only take a minute, but tht being said we are only offering a couple things to our friends up north this time around.

>>Bo'sMom: I'd be interested in both your items... Why don't you ship to Canada???>>>

I actually shipped an item to Canada a few months ago. I don't know why I don't other than the fact that shipping tends to be more expensive. I don't think the paperwork was all that bad either. The watch I would ship to Canada but the robe, etc., might be way too expensive too ship. I could figure it out if you want to give me your zip code. :)

shoppingbou said:

I did offer shipping to Canada with great success until I was burned by a buyer who took delivery of the item but refused to pay his taxes. I now have an outstanding bill for $43 with FedEX because of him. One bad apple ruined the bunch I'm afraid. :guilty:

I just listed a NIB Game Boy Advance set, there's a Cartoon Network video, Cartoon Network Block Party Game, and headphones (packaged all together, they came as a set). I also have a Fisher Price pirate ship, NIB, a woman's sweater, a pair of Army PT jogging pants, and a pair of girls sz 8 Calvin Klein jeans.

ID: bornkuntry

Proud Member of the Disboards is in all of my auctions.

summerrluvv said:

When you print your labels from Paypal, there is a custom's form that gets filled out for you! You just need to say where it was made, how much it's worth, etc... Then it gets written on your label! VERY simple!

Hope this helps!

twinklebug said:
I did offer shipping to Canada with great success until I was burned by a buyer who took delivery of the item but refused to pay his taxes. I now have an outstanding bill for $43 with FedEX because of him. One bad apple ruined the bunch I'm afraid. :guilty:

Because of that, I always write in my listings:

~ International buyers are responsible of knowing the customs rules in their country. If any, all custom's fees and taxes are the buyer's responsibility. ~

shoppingbou said:
Because of that, I always write in my listings:

~ International buyers are responsible of knowing the customs rules in their country. If any, all custom's fees and taxes are the buyer's responsibility. ~

i was wondering about this, because i only ship to usa and now canada with an extra fee but now i have people from the uk asking about it.. and i'm just not to sure.. i charge over 25.00 to ship pair of glasses to the uk is what i told them. I just dont know

I have a bunch of items that end tomororrw.... and some that end in a few days...
Including:
The Wiggles Sneakers - New In Box
Leap Frog Alphabet Caterpillar - New In Box
Fisher Price Little People Airplane - New IN Box
Fisher Price INfant Toys - Lot of Three - New In Box
Lot of 6 Baby Girl OUtfits - Carters etc - ALL Six are NEW with Tags
Amazing Animals Polar Bear - New

Ebay ID is Gansettman

For those Candadians here.... if you see something you would like to bid on, please contact me via EBAY, and let me you are a DIS member - I will break my rules and ship to YOU!
Catrin

I have two limited edition books written and autographed by my great uncle the late Ira Jones
he's in Wikipedia if you want to check. )

The book title is "Soldier Boy Elvis"

I have never sold on EBAy before, only been a buyer.
I saw the book listed for 2 to 3 hundred dollars at AMAZON, so I was thinking about listing it on EBAY . Would anyone give me some good advice?
Seems the value of these books has soared since uncle died several years ago, and I am not really a Elvis fan.

bevtoy said:
I have two limited edition books written and autographed by my great uncle the late Ira Jones
he's in Wikipedia if you want to check. )

The book title is "Soldier Boy Elvis"

I have never sold on EBAy before, only been a buyer.
I saw the book listed for 2 to 3 hundred dollars at AMAZON, so I was thinking about listing it on EBAY . Would anyone give me some good advice?
Seems the value of these books has soared since uncle died several years ago, and I am not really a Elvis fan.

You can look up Completed Listings on that same exact book to see what the starting price was and what it ended up selling for. That will give you an idea as to what you would get.

You could add the information from Wikipedia. They are autographed so they should bring in more than the other ones that aren't. Just be truthful in your description of the book's condition. You might want to include a picture of your Great Uncle. You can either add one of your own or one from the web.

The more information you give the better it is for the buyer to make a decision as to whether they want the item or not.

Good Luck to you and let me know if you have any other questions ~ It's really easy to list something. Are you set up with paypal so buyers can pay you ?

Good Luck !

shoppingbou said:

Hi! I ship to everywhere in the world. Once in a while I get burned but it is the post office most of the time. I have no problems with Canada and in most of my auctions shipping is free to US & Canada just because the cost is almost the same. With that being said I have over 200 items up right now including 43 auctions. I have one bid right now and some NWT gymbo items starting at .99 clothing items not accessories. I also have a custom dress on there that the reserve is 20.00 for toddlers if anyone is looking for a cute holiday dress. Check it out if you get a chance.

Ebay id is Kimntrent and if you bid let me know you are a diser :sunny:

Well that explanation about Canada's rules makes it all clear now. I had a bidder who sent me an email and all it said was - "can you just say this is a christmas gift and put a low value on it?"
I had NO idea what on earth he was talking about or why someone would want me to say a gift was of low value! Leave it to the dis to enlighten me!

I just started selling on Ebay as we are really struggling this year. I have hooked up with someone who sells cellphones and I have to say they seem to be going for pretty low prices. I really do not know much about cellphones, but my razors have been going for about $120. That seems pretty cheap to me. I also had some of those Power Ranger Mission Training sets on because my bil told me he just paid $77 for his and you could not find them anywhere. Apparantly no longer the case - they did not sell. Oh well Anyway- I am
gadgetgal318

I LOVE EBAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter