• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's Everyone Selling On Craigslist?

I have sold quite a few things on Craigslist. Last thing was my son's Wii(2 yrs old), extra controllers and Rock Band for $260. For big items, I have people come to my home, but most are games or toys and I meet them somewhere.

I have learned to give people a time limit; if I don't hear from them by my deadline, I go to the next person in line. Sometimes people might miss out, but I can't help it. I have had too many people flake out and then I am stuck.

Marsha

Gosh - couldn't possibly remember all of it (some mine, some DD's, some DGD's, some son-in-law's, etc.).. Son-in-law does the actual advertising and selling end of it for all of us..

Off the top of my head:

Car doors
Camaro parts
Books
Movies/DVD's
CD's
Appliances - large and small
Clothing
Tons of Disney toys
Baby clothes and items
Games
Computer stuff
Sheet rock
Bikes
Little Tyke items
Strollers
Swimming pool supplies and parts
Water Globes
Arts & Crafts Supplies
Tools
Outdoor fireplace
Kerosene heater
"Lots" of magazines
Cookbooks

and way too many other things I can't think of off of the top of my head.. :)

If something is going to be popular, I usually state in my listing something along the lines of...

Cash only. First $50 takes it.

I won't hold anything. It's like a garage sale, IMO. If you want it, come buy it. Otherwise, it's fair game for someone else. I wouldn't sell out from under someone who I arranged a time with, but if they no-showed, they're almost automatically not going to get a response from me without a sincere apology. Most times, no show-ers are too embarrassed to email you after the no show.

I had my first experience a few weeks ago. Sold an old laptop for $50. I paid $150 for it on ebay. It worked fine, was just old and really slow. Sold it for $50 and met the guy at a neutral location, in a parking lot at an open store, and was done with it.

i'm currently trying to sell an xbox and two games for about $50 as well as an ipod red 4 gb for $100 (not the most current one, it's about a year and a half old but rarely used). i want to keep the money and put it towards an iphone.

i would suggest "overpricing" something just so you end up getting what you expect for the item. i'm sure with somethings i plan to sell i could get more for it, but i figure a reasonable price will sell it quicker and a little cash is better than nothing.

i'd also say the best bet is to meet someone in a neutral location if you can physically carry whatever you are selling.

I just posted the Elf on the Shelf elf & book. It's brand new...just bought it off ebay and changed my mind. LOL Hoping to get what I paid for it. :confused3

I only tried Craig's list once and got one of those phone calls from someone who claimed to be deaf and had a translator talk to me.
then they offered to pay me a larger sum of money for the item and I would cash the check and give the men who came to pick up the item the rest of the money.
I knew right then that it was a hoax.
I finally sold the dining room set in my city newspaper.

Christmas res at Big Cedar. Buyer reneged at last minute; this is what is so infuriating about CL. Oh well!

I had 2 people interested in my Directv DVR box. One never e-mailed back after I gave her the model number and the other never showed up 2 or 3 times then e-mailed that he was busy and maybe when things slowed down he would e-mail me back. I just want to get rid of this thing and I don't think $20 is too much to ask.

I have a snow blower in great condition posted. My in-laws gave us theirs so we don't need two. Hope we can sell it!

I'm selling Noritake Southern Lace china, several pieces, as well as several Noritake Sweet Swirl glasses. I posted them on Saturday night, no bites yet.

I've had nothing but success with Craigslist. Sure ive had hoax emails (deaf person who will send more money and me pay their movers,etc. The distant wannabe buyers, etc.... but you take those for what they are and go on).

Ive sold...

TV stands
Disney Collectible Village
Fish Tank
Had someone adopt a stray dog (Wonderful Success Story-- I still get emails and contact from them about the dog that just showed up at our house)
Damsels (Saltwater Fish)
Christmas Icicle Lights (I bought extremely discounted after Christmas one year-- got nearly full price out of them)
Concert Tickets
Accent table with turtles on it
etc....

Ive also purchased a thing or two. It's worked out good for us.

The only thing that hasn't sold is my brand new sectional couch. Had a lot of inquiries on it... a lot of promised buyers, but no one whos showed.

I currently have my spot in the Disney half-marathon listed on CL. I can not make it this year, and could really use the money back for other things. In the past, I've sold a wii(brand new...my brother-in-law had me buy it for his kids, then changed his mind), a laptop, and a printer. A few flakes, but overall not bad experiences.

I see several people have listed DVDs/movies. Do they really sell well? After seeing places having them for $2 on Black Friday, I would not think that they would go for very much. We have several (both new and used--mostly fairly recent titles) that I would love to sell but I did not think they were worth anything.

Hi hoffman1, I have not sold any of my VHS/DVS's. :rolleyes: Not sure if you can even give them away;)

Craigslist, for me any way has been VERY slow. Although I have prices attached I would take much less in some cases just to declutter the stuff. ;)

Well lets see,
'94 lifted Jeep Grand Cherokee
90 Gal fish tank stand
Sea Reef wet/dry filter system
'71 Original Schwinn Grey Ghost

LOL thats all for now !
Just some odd stuff for now

Tony
:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter