What's everyone making for the Super Bowl?

Arich01

Mouseketeer
We are having friends over for the Super Bowl on Sunday party:... I have no idea what to make! :scared: I know we'll do finger foods of some sort.

What are YOU making? Maybe I can steal your ideas, lol! ;)

buffalo chicken dip -- so good!
mini sub sandwiches
fruit and veggies (because you need some balance in there)
probably just chips and pretzels for the rest

I like having a taco salad bar. You can use one of those 3 station crockpot devices. Ground beef, nacho cheese, beans. Then shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion, sour cream, salsa all in separate bowls. A pot of rice. Chips. That's what we were going to do but DH was able to get tickets to the game (huge Bronco fans here!) so couldn't pass up that opportunity!

Nothing. I have to work all day and don't have enough time to make anything fun when I get home.

Buffalo chicken dip is always a fav around here along with taco dip, wings. Things like chili, pulled pork or beef on a bun are easy for a crowd.

How many people are you hosting?

I find that often making finger foods can be more trouble and expense than just making an easy dinner.
We host variety of parties and I try to keep things easy as possible. Here's few of ideas and even some budget friendly:

Baked potato bar: veggies, cheese, crumbled cooked bacon, chili, sour cream, and other toppings
Taco/nacho bar: tortillas/taco shells/nacho chips, cooked ground beef/grilled chicken, veggies, shredded cheese and nacho cheese
Flavored drumsticks: buffalo, crispy shake n bake style, bbq (I serve with potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans)
Chili bar: veggie chili and meat chili with chips, crackers, sides and french fries
Dip bar: buffalo chicken, spinach artichoke, chili cheese served with veggies and chips and sour dough bread bites

This year I'm making crock pot of chili, some beer brats in the oven, and baked potatoes. We'll have two dips and brownies/ice cream for dessert

Patriot's Punch--okay it worked better last year when the Patriots were in the game, but it's a delicious Disney World beverage and it's orange, so we'll call it Peyton's Punch!

Pioneer Woman bacon/club cracker appetizers. Seriously try them--amazing! :tongue:
Fresh fruit with fruit dip
Little smokies wrapped in bacon/brown sugar

Two recipes my daughter found on Buzzfeed videos:
Pizza dough that is seasoned, folded and cut into breadsticks
Buffalo chicken 'bombs' (cubed chicken, ranch seasoning, hot sauce put inside a biscuit then wrapped with bacon)

I guess it's a good thing I bought the four-pack bacon at Sam's Club. :bitelip:

just us and the neighbors, as far as I know.

homemade pizzas (well, the putting together part is homemade, lol)

chips and salsa

veggie tray

fruit tray

Aidell's meatballs: Italian sausage/mozzarella with marinara dip, Pineapple/bacon with teriyaki dip, and Carmelized onion topped with little slices of gruyere (melted)

Popcorn (always)

something sweet (not sure yet, either cake or pie)

Hard root beer, beer, soda, water

I do not watch any kind of organized sports whatsoever, neither does my husband. Can I just have a food eating party with no sports? Is that allowed? I like food. Lol
Watch the commercials! We have the game on two tv's--DH gets the quieter living room to watch the game, but the food is in with me and the ad-watchers! This way, he doesn't shush me during the game, I don't shush him during the commercials (which are some of the best of the year).

Watch the commercials! We have the game on two tv's--DH gets the quieter living room to watch the game, but the food is in with me and the ad-watchers! This way, he doesn't shush me during the game, I don't shush him during the commercials (which are some of the best of the year).

Lol, that's an awesome idea!! Definitely need to do that :thumbsup2

I forgot the actual spread:

my kids love fruit with yogurt dip (yogurt mixed with coolwhip)

7-layer taco dip

lil smokies in chili sauce/grape jelly

I made ham and cheese biscuit sliders for dinner last night, they've been requested for the Superbowl

vegetable tray with dip

maple bacon chicken wings (I buy these at Sam's Club)

Wow! Tons of great ideas! Thank you!! :thanks:

My husband keeps mentioning finger foods, but some of the guys that are coming over are BIG eaters! I think the PP's advice to make more of a dinner is a great idea! I can make a larger quantity (thinking either taco/nacho bar or build your own sandwiches) and not spend so much time making little individual servings.

Reservations! I am not home this year and there is no kitchen where I am at,so I will just order something. I am getting lots of email offers and most have money off.

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (aka - wings with no effort) with blue cheese dressing on the buns would be an excellent food (just get a hearty bun, so it doesn't fall apart). Campbell's makes a sauce pack that works fine and you can use any boneless chicken type in a crockpot (you could even do bone in, but it's a lot of work). Serve them with some celery and carrots and more blue cheese dressing and then have a 2nd "man" food, like a simple nacho fixing, and you're done...

I'm not much of a multi-tasker.
If I am watching a sporting event, I want to watch the sporting event.
If I am partying, I want to party.
And while I love to play football, I can't stand the NFL (or College Football for that matter).
My Facebook page has been filled up with photos of co-workers covering the build up to the Super Bowl, and lots of selfies with celebrities I have never heard of, from shows I have never seen, and often never heard of. Guess it shows that I dropped HBO 25 years ago. :badpc:

Tex mex: Sour Cream chicken enchiladas, rice, beans, chips and salsa, margaritas, kids will have ground beef tacos, and some sorta dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter