• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what's EMH entail?

winemedineme

Earning My Ears
i realize that it gives you extra hours with lesser crowds early in the am and after the fireworks shows. would you recommend it for a 4 y.o.? also, what is the extra cost in it? do they just add it on to your hopper pass? i'm debating if i want to get it and add it on to our booking thru AAA. thanks

EMH is complementary to all Disney resort guests. No cost. Just go to one of the wristband distribution locations inside the park and show them your room key.

I had questions about this too. How do you find out which park is doing the EMH? We have decided not to get park hoppers this year as we tend to do just the one park a day and explore the resorts, so I wanted to make sure that we hit the parks on the day that the EMH is going on. Thanks

There is a times guide type of sheet that will tell you for that week. You can find it at the front desk of your hotel.

The schedule is also posted at Disney's official website for both morning & evening EMH. Right under the picture of the castle there's a bar with links to "vacation planning kit", "dining finder" & "calendar. Click on "calendar" and follow the links to Extra Magic Hours. It goes several months in advance.

The EMH schedule is available through July (when we are going). Does it ever get changed, or should it stay as it is now? Any recommendations on which park's EMH are more worth it? I see Typhoon Lagoon has EMH one night while we are there, and Animal Kingdom in the evening looks interesting too. We have teenagers, so morning EMH are not an option for us!

When the EMH is at night how do they clear out the people not staying on site?

:confused3

georgina said:
We have teenagers, so morning EMH are not an option for us!

And THAT's why morning EMH's work so WELL!

Many folks don't have the motivation to get up early (EMH or not).
Consequently, the folks who DO go early "have the run of" all the popular attractions (that are a part of EMH) and virtually unlimited use for that period.

Speaking for those of us who can get up early BECAUSE ITS WORTH IT...
I say thanks for sleeping late!

See you later as you arrive in the THICK OF IT. ;)

They don't care if the off site guests stay and eat or shop. Disney gives onsite guests a wristband and you have to show it to get on the open rides. Some here say Disney doesn't enforce it well, but others say people can't ride if they don't have the wristband.

winemedineme said:
does anyone have it so that i can check out the days they have EMH for the days i'm going? thanks

disneyworld.com

It's also not necessarily less crowded. Many resort guests hop back to that park for EMH even if that wasnt' their 'park for the day'. Also not all attractions/shops/restraunts are open during EMH. as a mtter of fact comparitively - as far as dispersing the crowd - little is open. My experience was that emh was atleast as crowded. We did it with a 4 and a 6 year old and we all somewhat enjoyed it. We napped everyday to make being out late work. The kids thought it was so neat to be out so late. But that also meant we were carrying two children back to the room each night. and we took strollers just so they could make it around the parks at night whichi meant we were trying to get back with 2 strollers and 2 sleepy/sleeping kids. We arent planning to do it that way again. But it wasnt bad enough that we wont consider changing our plans when we get there to utilizing it if need be.

As someone noted, they do not clear out the parks at the start of the evening EMH. Disney resort guests must obtain wristbands from any of several locations within the EMH park. You can also arrive after the start of EMH and will be given a wristband (assuming you are a Disney resort guest).
From what I have seen the Cast Members are pretty dilligent in checking for wristbands. I have seen people turned away from attractions because they did not have the wristbands.
For more info and for the schedules try allearsnet.com and wdwinfo.com. I find these far easier to understand than the Disney site.

It says that the EMH Morning hours is one hour early and the Evening is 3 hours after park closes. Is it always 3 hours in the evening or is it just 1 hour?

CanadianDisneyMom said:
It says that the EMH Morning hours is one hour early and the Evening is 3 hours after park closes. Is it always 3 hours in the evening or is it just 1 hour?

Its not complicated.

This is how EMH works for all parks at all times (until further notice from WDW).

Look up the POSTED open and close times for any day, any park.

Only WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed EHM privileges and it COSTS NOTHING EXTRA to attend the EMHs.

There are slightly different situations for MORNING and EVENING EMH's.

-------MORNING EMH FACTS--------------------------------------

If it is a MORNING EMH, then WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed entry to THAT park on THAT day starting ONE HOUR before the posted opening time.
At least one person in your party should have a room key-card with them to verify your current hotel status and gain entry.
So, only WDW resort guests will be ALLOWED INTO the park.
Once inside, only selected attractions will be open.
See the official WDW website for the latest attractions that will be open during EMH.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/extraMagicHour?id=CalendarExtraMagicHoursPage

-------EVENING EMH FACTS--------------------------------------

If it is a EVENING EMH, then WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed to stay and ride attractions at THAT park on THAT day for THREE HOURS after the posted closing time.

(So, YES, if MK is sched. to close at midnight, the EMH will run til 3AM! Yep, that's 3 in the morning. No, its not a mistake, that would be 3 full hours after the posted time. 3AM for a posted 12mid close-time. 3AM, yes sir!)

EACH adult needs to show a room key-card and a wristband will be issued to each adult and child that the ride CMs will check to allow entry to each ride.
So, even though non-resort guests may still be INSIDE the park, only those with wrist-bands will be allowed to ride any open EMH attractions.
See the official WDW website for the latest attractions that will be open during EMH.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/extraMagicHour?id=CalendarExtraMagicHoursPage
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You can enter the parks for EMH EVENINGS anytime... during "regular" hours, or even during the actual extended EMH hours.

This 1-hour morning EMH and 3-hour evening EMH rule applies at all 4 parks until further notice from WDW.
Enjoy!

Ok...I am a little slow...does EMH at Epcot mean that both Future World and World ShowCase open earlier and/or later.

aubeone said:
Ok...I am a little slow...does EMH at Epcot mean that both Future World and World ShowCase open earlier and/or later.

EMH never feature ALL of the rides in ANY PARK.

Epcot:
(you may enter EMH from either the front gates or Int'l. Gateway)

Morning EMH's are only selected attractions in FW:
Soarin'
Test Track
Mission Space
Space Ship Earth
Living with the Land
-------------------------------------------------
Evening EMH's are the above FW attractions...
Plus:
Imagination with Figment
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

Plus in WS:
Mexico (Rio del Tiempo)
Norway (Maelstrom)
USA (American Adventure)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter