Whats Better?

Princess Maeve

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We are attempting to decide on which resort to stay in. Which is better, Port Orleans French, Caribbean, or Coronado? We are planning to stay June 13th to 18th. What do you think? :)
Thanks so much!!!

Well what are you looking for in a resort? Do you have kids that will be with you?

Personally, out of the mods I would choose CSR only because DH and I can not sleep in a twin bed. CSR is the only one that has queen size beds as a standard offering. But if you don't need queen sized beds that perhaps one of the others might appeal to you more depending on your needs.

We have stayed POFQ and CBR. We loved both. CBR is much bigger, but we loved the pool and the theme better. POFQ is much smaller and we found it quieter. What are you looking for in a resort?

This trip is for my daughters 16th birthday. It will be me, my husband, and my daughter. We want something with a nice place to relax, by the pool, or something along those lines. Also I would like it to be close to the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. Overall, a nice place.

My vote will always be for POFQ. My family and I have stayed there when I was 13, 15, and 19, and I can say, that as teenagers, my brother and I both love this resort. It is quiet, and easy to navigate. The pool is wonderful! The food is also fantastic (especially the beignets for breakfast!), and the boat ride to DTD is a really great way to travel and a good change from the buses.

My daughter and I are going to Disney the first week in Aug . Because I'm disabled and can't walk too far which moderate would be best?

My daughter and I are going to Disney the first week in Aug . Because I'm disabled and can't walk too far which moderate would be best?

We are going in May and staying CBR. The thing that I liked about it over PO was that there is a bus stop and parking outside of each village.

This trip is for my daughters 16th birthday. It will be me, my husband, and my daughter. We want something with a nice place to relax, by the pool, or something along those lines. Also I would like it to be close to the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. Overall, a nice place.

The CSR has queen beds which are a big plus; the largest hot tub of all the moderates, the longest slide and three quiet pools. It also has a sand volleyball court and a fitness center/spa (massage for the birthday girl?). We've not stayed at any of the others because we are so happy at the CSR (eight great stays), but POR would be our second choice.

POFQ would be your best bet as it is the smallest of the moderates and very compact.

I've stayed at all four moderates and for your family would go with CSR.

I love POFQ, but their pool is small and rather childish for a 16 y/o. Their pool slide is also really small. We love the jazz music that is playing as you walk up to the food court. We also enjoy Elliot Dyson in the PPFQ lounge. PORS is lovely, but we do not care for their bus service. As much as I love both PO resorts, those rooms could really do with refurbishment. PORS has a really good food court though. We also like Ye Haw Bob's show in the lounge at PORS. Both PO resorts have the boats to DTD which is very convenient.

CBR is my least favorite moderate. I had the worst bus service there and the main pool was always packed. I also did not like their food court. Their rooms have been recently refurbished though and the Caribbean theming is very nice.

CSR would be perfect for you: newly refurbished rooms with queen size beds, the sliding wooden door that seperate the sleeping area from the bath area, biggest hot tub on property, longest pool slide of the moderates, sand volley ball court, nice game room, best bus service of all the WDW resorts, lovely white sand beaches with hammocks, nice food court, health club/spa, and beauty salon for some extra pampering of the birthday girl. Oh we also like how at CSR you can refill your mug right there at the main pool bar and that the pool bar serves food.

We have narrowed it down to Coronado Springs and French Quarter. The only problem with Coronado springs, is that there have been a lot of postings(on different websites,) that say things have been stolen from their room. Also at French Quarter, people say the food is bad. Any of this happen to you? Any thoughts?:)

We have narrowed it down to Coronado Springs and French Quarter. The only problem with Coronado springs, is that there have been a lot of postings(on different websites,) that say things have been stolen from their room. Also at French Quarter, people say the food is bad. Any of this happen to you? Any thoughts?:)

We have stayed at the Coronado eight times and we have NEVER had anything stolen from our room. In fact, the first year we stayed there, our son lost his wallet. It turns out he dropped it behind the bed and the cleaning staff brought it to to the front desk and they returned it to us within a week--withi money included. I know I've read of cars being broken into at resorts.

We ate at the FQ's food court on our last day at Disney in September. While not our favorite (POR is our favorite, followed by CSR, POFQ and then CBR as far as food courts), it was not all that bad...our food was good,

Every year DS16 & I stay at POFQ...we both love the small size...very quiet...we like the food court although we don't eat there often...like the walk along the river to it's sister hotel POR (they have a great food court & gift shop) but mostly we love the boat ride to downtown disney...we do that a couple of nights during our stay...stop for some ice cream, do some shopping..just hang out and then take a nice boat ride back....and the fact that POFQ only has 1 bus stop is a definite plus to us.

POFQ is small, compact and very easy to navigate :yay: The grounds are gorgeous and beautifully landscaped :woohoo: Everything is just a short walk :goodvibes And you have the awesome, relaxing boat ride to DownTown Disney :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter