What's Better on Boarding Day Enchanted Garden or Cabanas??

Has anyone noticed what time EG actually starts serving on that day? Cabanas can be extremely crowded and Enchanted Garden is a good option if you want to get away from the mob but it isn't open as early as Cabana's.
When we got on the ship (before 12pm) they tried to usher us down to EG, but we went to Cabanas instead. Looking at the Navigators, it does show that EG opens later than Cabanas, but in reality I think both places are open earlier than the printed times.

Has anyone noticed what time EG actually starts serving on that day? Cabanas can be extremely crowded and Enchanted Garden is a good option if you want to get away from the mob but it isn't open as early as Cabana's.

On my last cruise. it opened at 12:30. Much later than Cabana's.

We board early and go to Cabanas. We are done and out of there before it gets busy.

aa55f46c8bb8e1cf24ed6893fca7f11a.jpg

Thanks for all the input. Does anyone know when Cabanas starts to get really busy?

we only do a snack at Cabanas, then its pool and aquaduck while its not busy!!!!!! We can pig out at supper. We have first seating

We went on our first cruise in February. Based on what I'd read here we had always intended on going to EG but by the time we boarded it was closed. We went to our room to drop off our carry-on luggage and made our way up to Cabanas.

It ended up being the very best for us for our introduction to cruising! It was after 2:00 so Cabanas was almost empty and we easily snagged a table right beside the windows. What a wonderful first experience!

If you wait a bit until the crowds pass, I highly recommend Cabanas if you want to see or be outside. Since we'd left mounds of snow at home we were thrilled to be outside!

We boarded and went to Cabanas, enjoyed the view. It wasn't really that crowded around lunch time. It was nice to be able to see rather than being all closed in down below.

We skip both! Instead we go straight to the pool and Aquaduck. Once the line for Aquaduck gets long, then we grab quick service from around the pool.

We ALWAYS sit for lunch. I hate carrying around my day luggage, and prefer to be served.

It is just a matter of preference. I don't enjoy juggling trays and drinks with 3 kids.

Enchanted Garden had hand-scooped ice cream--not soft serve. :thumbsup2

Cabanas has this as well :thumbsup2

It is funny how everyone has such specific "needs" for one meal of their day. For us it is no big deal to walk 10 feet to fill up our drink cups. In fact, it is faster than waiting for a serving team to take our order and bring drinks to us.

I think you can't go wrong with either option, but think about what time you will be boarding, and what you would like to do after you eat. Will you be going to your room after you eat? Will you be swimming/Aquaducking? Think about that and then it might make your choice clearer.

We have always done Cabanas(just 3 of us), this trip we are going with another family of 4, so may be a little more difficult to find a table, but we'll manage. We usually eat, head to the pool, then our room(when they open)
We never carry a bunch of stuff onboard but a small day bag with camera/docs/passports, so we don't luggage to deal with in tight crowded spaces. I'm sure you will be happy with either, enjoy your cruise!! I leave on Sturday for Florida, and we are going on the Magic Monday, cannot wait!! :)

Cabanas has this as well :thumbsup2

It is funny how everyone has such specific "needs" for one meal of their day. For us it is no big deal to walk 10 feet to fill up our drink cups. In fact, it is faster than waiting for a serving team to take our order and bring drinks to us.

I think you can't go wrong with either option, but think about what time you will be boarding, and what you would like to do after you eat. Will you be going to your room after you eat? Will you be swimming/Aquaducking? Think about that and then it might make your choice clearer.

What time are rooms typically ready ?. We are on The Dream next week. Its our first Disney cruise and our first cruise since we had kids. I'd love to drop off our carry on luggage off. We have to travel with a small pharmacy as my son has type 1 diabetes.

What time are rooms typically ready ?. We are on The Dream next week. Its our first Disney cruise and our first cruise since we had kids. I'd love to drop off our carry on luggage off. We have to travel with a small pharmacy as my son has type 1 diabetes.

I believe in the past 1-1:30, I think 1:30, someone else chime in if I'm wrong, I haven't been since 2012.

We ALWAYS sit for lunch. I hate carrying around my day luggage, and prefer to be served.

It is just a matter of preference. I don't enjoy juggling trays and drinks with 3 kids.
Where ever you go for lunch you will be carrying your own plate/tray. EG's only difference is the drinks.

Rooms are open at 1:30pm. Don't bother waiting in the elevator lobby early. In our experience they've never taken the ropes down before 1:30, as a matter of fact I believe it was a few minutes after that. The stateroom hosts need all the time they can get to ready the rooms.

On the Dream and the Fantasy the served drinks really don't matter as much Cabanas has several drink stations around the room so getting your drink or refilling your glass is very easy.

We always go to Cabanas/Beach Blanket Buffet. For us, it is tradition and it just wouldn't feel the same to go to Parrot Cay/Enchanted Garden. We did do PC once so we do know what it is like but, for us, it's Cabanas/BBB all the way!

I have type 1 too and it is a pain carrying around all my pod supplies (I'm on the Omnipod) and the rest of my meds but they all fit in one of our carryons, so it's not too bad. I'm sure there are people with other medical conditions that have bulkier equipment etc.
We've cruised twice so far and haven't been too bothered about carrying my meds. I guess I'm just used to it as I've had type 1 diabetes for over 40 years now. :)

For what it's worth, I'm traveling with two DCL newbies. I really think we will have embarkation lunch at Cabanas because EG doesn't have the light "show" during the lunch buffet...I want their first experience in EG to be the full experience

To us...

EG is comparable to a sit down at wdw and cabanas is like counter service. Both have pros and cons. If you want a quieter meal with a drink server, go to eg. If you want to be in the middle if it all and have alot going on, hit up cabanas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter