• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's a solo trip like?

What a great thread! I just started contemplating a solo trip in the last few days. DH always lets me take a solo trip once a year, typically I've been going to his parents 2nd home in Fort Myers, but it just didn't work out this year. I thought, hmm, how about going to WDW to see the Christmas decorations? It's not going to work this year, and we're taking the boys next year at Halloween, so I think I will start planning a solo trip for Christmas 2010. Never too soon to start planning! ;)

You could combine trips if you wanted to. Fly to Orlando, spend 4 days or so, drive or fly to Fort Myers, spend the rest of your time there to relax after touring the parks. By car, it's 3 hours or so, by plane, you are 22 minutes in the air.

I live in the Fort Myers area and do it this way when I import my nieces from NY for some fun. It's nice to have a few days of down time on the beach after the hustle and bustle and excitement of the parks.

You could combine trips if you wanted to. Fly to Orlando, spend 4 days or so, drive or fly to Fort Myers, spend the rest of your time there to relax after touring the parks. By car, it's 3 hours or so, by plane, you are 22 minutes in the air.

A whole week? To myself? :lmao:

Actually, I have thought this exact thing. The last 2 times I've gotten him to Fort Myers I've broached driving to Disney for a day or 2 with the kids, but he's vetoed that idea, couldn't justify the cost of the tickets. Honestly, I don't think I could be away from my family more than 4 or 5 days, and with travel time I don't think it would be worth it. That, and my in-laws place is rented out at the time of year I want to go (between Thanksgiving and Christmas). But it is a good thought!

I too am going solo to WDW! I will be going in January and as soon as I get home I will be booking for my second solo trip to View the World at Christmas. The fun thing about this trip for me is that I get to eat where I want. I'm finally going to get to go on the KTTK tour that I have always wanted to do. I'm so so so excited!!!

A whole week? To myself? :lmao:

Actually, I have thought this exact thing. The last 2 times I've gotten him to Fort Myers I've broached driving to Disney for a day or 2 with the kids, but he's vetoed that idea, couldn't justify the cost of the tickets. Honestly, I don't think I could be away from my family more than 4 or 5 days, and with travel time I don't think it would be worth it. That, and my in-laws place is rented out at the time of year I want to go (between Thanksgiving and Christmas). But it is a good thought!

Aw, bummer that you can't make this work. One of my brothers has done this with his family a few times since I moved down here - flies into one airport, leaves from another. That way they can hit multiple vacation destinations at the same time.

Hey, maybe you could come with the family into Orlando, but then leave them there for a couple of days while you go find yourself a nice beach resort with a spa in Tampa or Clearwater. Do you think your DH would be ok with touring the parks with the kids by himself for a couple of days?

I go solo to DL and WDW on all my trips. I don't have anyone to speed me up I like taking in the Parks slowly and at my speed. Love taking breaks all the time just to people watch. The best is to sit down below the Noodle station by the water with a Pop Corn and Diet Coke and feed Donald's family and watch all the people. When I want to eat I don't have to wait on everyone else to want to I just go.

I think I get more rides done during the day because I just take my time if it a long line I can just come back to it.

Any time I want to go back to the hotel I can.

Another solo traveller going to MouseFest! Woohoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter