• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what's a mommy (or daddy) to do?

pl4bby

Mouseketeer
I am not a ride person, so my dh goes with the older children. I am the stay with the baby for a long time, waiting for them to finish the rides. What are some things I can do while waiting? I will be at all 4 parks next trip. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets left behind. I want to have fun also lol.

I sometimes go in a gift shop,
eat a dole whip. ( dont have to share!!)
and I like to people watch!!:rotfl2:

I catch up on email / facebook during the breaks.

I will take your question to mean what can you do with a stroller because that is what I think you are getting at. Gift shops are one thing, the others vary by park.
Epcot - world showcase entertainment, club cool, possibly innoventions but I am not positive
Magic kingdom - not much, possibly parades or outdoor shows depending on time
Animal kingdom - the two walking trails maharanja jungle trek and pangani forrest
Hollywood studios - not much, possibly parades depending on time

newdeal said:
I will take your question to mean what can you do with a stroller because that is what I think you are getting at. Gift shops are one thing, the others vary by park.
Epcot - world showcase entertainment, club cool, possibly innoventions but I am not positive
Magic kingdom - not much, possibly parades or outdoor shows depending on time
Animal kingdom - the two walking trails maharanja jungle trek and pangani forrest
Hollywood studios - not much, possibly parades depending on time

Yes something for the baby and I. I can baby wear her also, so I don't need the stroller, if someone has an idea where I wouldn't be allowed to take it.

Every ride has a chicken exit so you could get in line for some of the rides and wait with the family and enjoy the theming. I think some of the line ques have fun theming. Everest and haunted mansion for example.

You could be the photographer for outdoor rides, the seat holder for parades/shows/illuminations, and the discoverer of things often missed by those going commando.

I'm not a ride person, so that's kind of what I do. :)

depending on the park - people watching is the top for me but also watching the shows in all of the parks - i've been in your shoes & have also done this in these parks

epcot - spend more time in the living seas w/the baby - enjoy a glass of wine / beer and explore the shops - spend more time at kidcot (if the 'baby' is old enough) - let the baby spend as much time as wanted at animatronics that the older kids don't want to

mk - take a ride on tta - watch it's a small world ride - take a train ride - bus or trolley ride -

studios - watch the 'characters' - spend more time in animation - maybe doing a little more drawing -

Character hunt! Go get goofy pictures with you and the baby with any and all characters you can find. Then when you get home the rest of the family will be jealous of how much fun the two of you had!

We took our DD at 4 and 6 months. There wasn't much she couldn't do. You shouldn't be standing around long.

In the MK she couldn't ride Space, Thunder or Splash but everything else she could do.
We didn't do Phillarharmagic because I wasn't sure if it was too loud. She did everything else and we had a great time. She even liked the fireworks.While one of us rode the mountains the other either people watched, ate a snack, or shopped in the area.

In Epcot she couldn't ride Soarin, Test Track or Mission Space. We took turns riding TT but didn't do the others this time. While on TT she was sleeping so I looked in the post show area and people watched.

In AK, no dinosaur or everest.
DH rode everest several times, I didn't ride the big rides. I people watched, shopped, or ate ice cream. She liked the safari and loved meeting the characters.

DHS, not TOT or RRC, or star tours.
I had a breakdown in this park as I deemed it very boring with a baby. It was better than I thought it would be though. She liked TSM (yes I took her on it, I have been on it plenty and knew what to expect. LOVED character Palozza and even enjoyed playhouse disney (I know she didn't know what it was, but enjoyed the color and characters. This is where she saw her first parade and she liked that too. There are things to do here that she enjoyed it just wasn't rides.

I had a baby carrier and a stroller. I used them both depending on the situation. If I wanted to do rides and stuff while she napped I wore her.

I took headphones like you would wear for shooting guns and put them on her for loud shows and attractions. She watched the fireworks and parades with them. She also slept through the Lion King show at AK

I'd take the baby and the PhotoPass card and stop every photographer I could find and get some great shots of just the two of you. If you tell the photog that you are trying to get some great shots of you and the baby some will take you to little out of the way places and do a little mini-photoshoot with you. :flower3:

I am loving all the great ideas. I'm actually happy now to be a ride chicken! Thanks

I don't know what your cutoff is for rides but perhaps there are some you can do (whether be just you and the baby or your whole group). Consider these attractions:

Magic Kingdom Park
"it's a small world"
Pirates of the Caribbean
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover (my favorite!)
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Peter Pan's Flight
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
Jungle Cruise (I think you and the older ones will enjoy it)
Mickey's PhilharMagic*
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress*

Epcot
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Ellen's Energy Adventure
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Gran Fiesta Tour
Captain EO*
Living with the Land
Impressions de France*
Reflections of China*
O Canada*
The American Adventure*

Disney's Hollywood Studios
The Great Movie Ride
Disney Junior - Live on Stage (great for the little one)*
MuppetVision 3D*
Studio Backlot Tour
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular*
The American Idol Experience*

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Festival of the Lion King*
Kilimanjaro Safaris (could be a bit bumpy)
Flights of Wonder*
Affection Section
Finding Nemo - The Musical*
Habitat Habit*
Wildlife Express Train

*indicates a live show or film

Basically, if you're able to ride in a car, you can definitely handle most of these. That being said, if your dead set on not doing rides, there's all of the gift shops, PhotoPass photographers, character greetings (not my best idea but you could make it work), atmosphere entertainment, people watching, and you could sample snacks from the various QS restaurants and snack carts/kiosks. Walking around WS with your family may also be quite fun. Hope this helps!

Great responses, but I didn't see any mention One Man's Dream in DHS - perfect activity with napping baby in carrier, while big kids do TOT, RnR, and Star Tours. We walked through quickly with DDs (4 and 16 mo) and hope to go back to see it without being dragged along. The girls really enjoyed the ride and park models, plus learning a little about "Mr Walt Disney".

I love watching the Streetmosphere performers at DHS. I had a great time holding a sleeping baby and sipping on a PB&J shake on a bench there. You could wander the World Showcase and watch the performers there, let the baby check out the fish in the Seas at Epcot, watch the Dapper Dans and the Citizens of Main Street at MK, shop.

I love watching the Streetmosphere performers at DHS. I had a great time holding a sleeping baby and sipping on a PB&J shake on a bench there. You could wander the World Showcase and watch the performers there, let the baby check out the fish in the Seas at Epcot, watch the Dapper Dans and the Citizens of Main Street at MK, shop.

Defiantly! DD would just sit in her stroller and watch. She really enjoyed the trolley show and dapper dans in the MK.

Do they still have the playhouse disney show in HS? That's not bad for a baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter