Whatever you do, don't carry a bag to Universal Studios!

Anybody tried to take on a fanny pack recently? With the addition of all the metal detectors that is. I don't carry a lot (Phone, Money, ID, Room key) etc. but I do have to carry a prescription (must be take 3x a day at certain times) I don't mind to put them in a locker but it just takes time. Thanks!

You can't take even a fanny pack on the big coasters. Hulk, Dragon Challenge and Rip Ride Rockit have a rule that EVERYTHING goes in a locker now.

It's quite liberating not having a bag at a park. Means I'm not stuck holding everyone's stuff in my bag Although I thought on the wilder rides you weren't even allowed stuff in your pocket?

You can't take even a fanny pack on the big coasters. Hulk, Dragon Challenge and Rip Ride Rockit have a rule that EVERYTHING goes in a locker now.

Okay thanks! So just to clarify does this include things like lanyards?

It's quite liberating not having a bag at a park. Means I'm not stuck holding everyone's stuff in my bag Although I thought on the wilder rides you weren't even allowed stuff in your pocket?

You're not allowed to take anything on the 3 rides with metal detectors. Nothing in pockets either.

Just a lanyard.

Lol I assumed. So In that case, I'll probably just take my pack any way cause phones are a must. Even at though I'm 21 and soon to be married, my mom will be states away and need updates lol If I don't answer her she'd probably call the Orlando police and report me missing!
:rotfl2:

Lol I assumed. So In that case, I'll probably just take my pack any way cause phones are a must. Even at though I'm 21 and soon to be married, my mom will be states away and need updates lol If I don't answer her she'd probably call the Orlando police and report me missing!
you had me laughing when you posted that.

in 2007 i was at hhn and didn't call her to check in and let her know all was good.

she called the orlando police and said i was missing.
long story, big mess, ugh.

my advice is to call MOM daily.

Good advice to never let your mother worry...........lol........doesn't matter how old you are.......mum's never stop worrying :D

you had me laughing when you posted that.

in 2007 i was at hhn and didn't call her to check in and let her know all was good.

she called the orlando police and said i was missing.
long story, big mess, ugh.

my advice is to call MOM daily.

:eek:

I'm the opposite now.......always ringing up to check on mine......the woman is never in!! Never thinks to tell anyone where she's going or when she'll be back in.............takes me back :blush:

Are there lockers in the park you can keep your stuff in all day and just go back to them when you need something?

Lol my mother is the same way and I am almost 33! Next time we go we will have a toddler with us, so Mom will be calling even MORE freqently to check on her grandson.

Where are the family lockers/lockers at the front of the park located? What is the fee?

Where are the family lockers/lockers at the front of the park located? What is the fee?

From Universal Website.

All day lockers are available inside the Main Entrance of each of our theme parks for a rental fee of $8.00 per day, with family size lockers available at Universal Studios Florida for $10.00 per day. Guests have unlimited access to these lockers during the course of the day.

In addition, loose articles are not permitted on select attractions. The following attractions have free lockers available during a visit to the attraction to store all loose articles:
  • The Incredible Hulk Coaster®
  • Dragon Challenge™
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
  • Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit®
  • Revenge of the Mummy®
  • MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™

Additional lockers are available at select attractions inside Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure® for $4.00 for the first 90 minutes; $3 for each additional hour; with a $20.00 per day maximum. These lockers are available at the entrance of the following attractions:

• Jurassic Park River Adventure®
  • Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls®
  • Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges

So glad I saw this board! We will p!an accordingly with lanyards and possibly a Locker when we enter.

This may be an old thread, but it's definitely still an issue! We were there in February, and the worst was Dragon Challenge. The locker area is tiny with very poor "crowd flow." I think the combined wait for the locker (input and retrieval) was longer than the wait for the ride!

It may be an old thread but the last page and a half is current info and still an asset in trip planning advise

Thread only has 4 pages to it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter