Whatever Happened to Surplus Kingdom?

ftwildernessguy

<font color=green>I have a linen closet at home fu
When I do a search for Surplus Kingdom, the links no longer work, and they are no longer listed on ebay. They were supposed to open a store in the WDW area around October, but it never happened. One link did take me to mouse surplus, so I'm wondering if they are one and the same again? Anybody know anything? I am distraught and confused.

Oooh - I know this one!!

They're called Mouse Surplus, and I was just there this weekend! We bought a bunch of furniture for our new house! We bought 3 armoires from the Boardwalk Resort, a table & chairs from Coronado Springs, 2 living room chairs from the Swan, and a bunch of pictures and misc stuff!! I love that place!!!

They're located in Haines City - 25 miles from WDW on Hwy 27. Very easy to find. They have directions on their Web site: www.mousesurplus.com. They have way more in their warehouse/store than they show on the site.

Let me know if you have any questions about them! I think I'm going to be a regular there! LOL

No no no. Mouse Surplus has been around for a long time. I believe one of the guys who was in Mouse Surplus split away and formed Surplus Kingdom. They were both on ebay. Mouse Surplus used to have a warehouse operation out near the airport, but recently moved. Surplus Kingdom had an operation in Florida and also California, and was going to open a hard store in Orlando around the same time the NFFC meet was, but never did. They had a web site but it no longer exists, so I was wondering if they merged with Mouse Surplus again.

No no no. Mouse Surplus has been around for a long time. I believe one of the guys who was in Mouse Surplus split away and formed Surplus Kingdom. They were both on ebay. Mouse Surplus used to have a warehouse operation out near the airport, but recently moved. Surplus Kingdom had an operation in Florida and also California, and was going to open a hard store in Orlando around the same time the NFFC meet was, but never did. They had a web site but it no longer exists, so I was wondering if they merged with Mouse Surplus again.

I don't think they would. You are right and they did split soon after they sold the remaining piece of the monorail they had. I was unaware that they went off ebay. Of course, I am no longer fond of ebay, so I only deal with mouse surplus directly for what I need. I hope they didn't go by the waste side. They both had really cool stuff. WDW4US2 told me that she just got a flyer from them last week listing all the stuff they had up for sale, so maybe their site is just down or got hacked. I just called her and she didn't know either.

Not sure what happened to Surplus Kingdom...I was told by the treasurer of NFFC that he was moving to Cali. to just be open there...and was also told that Mouse Surplus was given a 30 day suspension for not doing something right on ebay...also by this same person ...gossip or truth I have no idea...but he is usually a reliable source for all things Disney "stuff" related

Trying to post an update....

Anyone ever find Brian Ramsey or find out where Surplus Kingdom went?

I found him on facebook; awaiting a friend request.

He lists a website on there, so maybe he's still around somewhere doing something Disney! Keeping my fingers crossed!

The new MouseSurplus is horrible compared to when Brian owned and ran it.

After talking to the new owners, I had such high hopes for them, but in all these years since they've owned it, they done nothing and gone nowhere.

The last time we visited their warehouse, it was a horribly, unorganized, and trashed place.

I mean, don't get me wrong--I will dig for deals and wade through whatever to find the goods, but it's just been a huge disappointment every time we went.

...missing Brian and the old MouseSurplus days....

sorry to bump an old thread, but I bought a lot of cool (to me) stuff from surplus kingdom. I used to get weekly feeds of new stuff on ebay and I just recently realized I haven't seen any lately. lame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter