• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

whatch'a getting mom???

lori1043

Where IS that EASY button advertised on TV?
I am at a loss this year for our moms. They are very different and I don't wanna get flowers. maybe a gift card to a restaurant for MIL and something else for my mom. ugh... isn't that lame, I don't know what to get my own mom.

What are you doing??

Lori

Instead of sending flowers, send someone to help me PLANT flowers in my flower bed. I can't get down on my knees like I use to. I would also like my children to come and spend a weekend helping to clean out the garage...we have lots of their stuff still.

Paint a room...paint a door.

Flowers are easy, just make a call and give them your credit card information. But, planting a flower bed and watching it grow all summer...way better.:thumbsup2

Breakfast in bed still works too.....:banana:

My mom, grandmother and ex-MIL are all getting cards that the kids made for them. Not sure what to get my grandmother yet. My mom is getting a late present. I am going to make her a shutterfly scrapbook of our upcoming disney trip! They love to get the books that I make each year, so this will be a special one just for this trip. I guess, she is getting a certificate for this because I won't be able to make it until after the trip.

My sisters and I are taking my mom for a day out. It will be the wknd after mother's day. We are going to lunch and then we are going to tour some historical homes and gardens in our town (my mom loves that kind of stuff)
Plus we get to all spend time together (just the girls)

My mom found out yesterday that the retail store she works for is closing and she will be losing her job. We plan a weekend every Sept at Foley, Alabama outlets and we usually split the hotel room-so maybe I will just pay for the whole thing this time. It will be LATE, but I know she will be thankful, esp with job issues. She will probably get another job soon after, but this will be the 3rd time a place she has worked for is closing shop-she is tired of it already.

Thanks for all the ideas! Esp the one from the MOM!!! I could do that for my MIL.

Lori

My mom is spoiled spoiled SPOILED this year! My first year back working in a long time ( just started back working 10/07 after being a SAHM) and I'm going to make sure she is set out like a princess, just to show a small token of my appreciation for her being such a good mom and friend to me, a top notch grandma ("gamma" as they all still call her) to my children, And a excellent MIL to my husband!

I made an appointment for me, my mom, and my two girls to get generational pics made. I made her a hair appointment and appointments to get a manicure and pedicure. Plus we're taking her out to dinner. My mom SO deserves it.

My mom is spoiled spoiled SPOILED this year! My first year back working in a long time ( just started back working 10/07 after being a SAHM) and I'm going to make sure she is set out like a princess, just to show a small token of my appreciation for her being such a good mom and friend to me, a top notch grandma ("gamma" as they all still call her) to my children, And a excellent MIL to my husband!

I made an appointment for me, my mom, and my two girls to get generational pics made. I made her a hair appointment and appointments to get a manicure and pedicure. Plus we're taking her out to dinner. My mom SO deserves it.

Cool! How sweet! She is gonna have a good time!

BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family pic!!!

Lori

i am going to plant flowers in the front of mom's house while she is at church. Her butterfly garden died because lack of rain and water restrictions. time to replant again and start over. Plus she is putting her house up for sale soon so this should help with that also. i dont like flowers from the store because they die so quickly.My mom dosent have cartlidge in either knee and is going to have surgey hopefully soon.Wish i was closer and could help the other person who needed thing planted too

Tosha, that is a great idea. :)

Me? About 2 weeks ago I sent my mom and my MIL a packet of pictures I took of our family. I ordered through Snapfish.

Then I sent each of them poems that I created myself plus $25 giftcards to go see a movie. I was going to send them flowers, but that would have been about $70 each (yikes!) because my parents are in Hawaii and my MIL is in the Seattle area.

Happy Mother's Day! :flower3:

I got my mom a plant that is hard to kill lol and my wonderful husband sent me from Kuwait A bungzi (spelling) plant to go in our new Chinese themed room.

I'm a mom and I know what my boys will get me each year at Mother's Day. I recently started a Disney snowglobe collection and every year they go with their dad to pick one out for me.:) I can't wait to find out which one I'm getting this year!!
But for my mom, I bought her a blouse with matching earings.

I helped the kids use their thumbs to stamp red ovals on note cards and envelopes. Then I drew little legs, dots and heads with antenna on the ovals to make ladybugs. I labelled each card that the kids stamped with the corresponding name, then tied them together in a bundle. I slipped them into a felt gift bag from the card section at Walmart and put in a card and a poem:

Our fingers are small and sometimes sticky,
And though you may think bugs are icky,
These notes should help you remember the way,
We wished you a Happy Mother's Day!

It turned out cute!

We are also having pictures taken and I will use it to make my mom a purse from a seller on etsy. The Lemon Drop Shop has a great custom bag that you can add a photo to. A friend of hers has one and it is adorable with their family photo on it.

After all of that, I know my mother will tell me something I did wrong. This is really my hardest holiday that I stress and stress about. I almost explained to a stranger in the card section why I was making retching noises as I read all the gooey sentiments on the Mother's Day cards. If you only knew my mother. . .:scared:

For Mother's Day my wife will be checking in to SSR for a weeklong stay, of course myself and DS (4) will be tagging along :lmao:

I asked for Knockout roses because I'm a big gardener.

My MIL is getting a Wii with Wii Sports because when she comes over our house we all get together and play it and she LOVES it! We may get her Wii Fit, too, because she likes stuff like that...

That's so nice! You're so lucky/blessed:cloud9: .

I hope my little girls do that for me someday :)

my mom is getting a wal-mart gc b/c she's in a bad place financially and i got one for my MIL too just because she shops there every week and i know she'll find something she wants, but would never buy for herself. DH has already given me my mother's day gift-i love roses so he bought me a new rose bush. we'd agreed not to buy each other any gifts this year, but he just couldn't help himself...gosh i LOVE that man.

I got my mom this year a 3 piece capri set from Stage....It has shades of purple ,yellow and lilac....She loves Purple...i also found her this wind chime with Purple butterflies and purple ribbon hanging down....can;t wait to give it to her tomorrow......:hug: She's had a rough time lately losing my sister just before christmas.....and for all of us .......Don't forget your mom this mothers day!!!:grouphug:

I gave my mom a gift card to Ross and a Precious Moments. For my MIL i sent her a card and money. Plus i sent my grandmother a card and money too. Not sure what i am getting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter