What your FAVORITE candy!

Haribo Gold Bears and Haribo Fruit Salad. I could eat myself into a sugar coma with either of them.

But made where? Most are made in Turkey, and those are kind of on the soft side. Some retailers have the candy made in Germany. They're a bit tougher to chew, but I prefer the flavor and that they dissolve slowly if you don't chew first. So far I've only seen the 5 oz bags made in Germany. The bulk bags seem to only be from Turkey. Then there are the ones for the German domestic market that don't have artificial colors. Some places sell the imported version with the German-language labeling.

I think the fruit salad is mostly made in Spain?

Anyone ever left a bag of gummy bears in a hot car?

8914885418_8d97b44715.jpg

Chocolate: m&ms. Rasinettes second.

Chewy:Swedish fish. Like a previous poster only the red and not mini. :)

In a microwave? Nah. The traditional way - roasting marshmallows over a campfire and getting them to the perfect balance where they're liquid on the inside without burning them. Even then I find that Hershey's bars don't seem to melt that well. The fancier milk chocolates with more cocoa butter content tend to melt easier.

I'm also kind of ticked off with what Hershey did when they bought out two Bay Area chocolate companies. They came in saying they would stay, but closed the Scharffen Berger factory in Berkeley (moving all production to the Midwest) and completely closed down Joseph Schmidt Confections.

Unfortunately we don't have a campfire handy, though I honestly prefer my s'mores nuked. Not a fan of char on my marshmallows. I know...heresy!

Really? I find Hershey bars to be mediocre. Certain familiar comfort food, but they're not that good. They're consistently chalky and waxy with poor chocolate flavor. Hershey went out and bought Scharffen Berger and Dagoba after they gave up on their in-house efforts to make high-end chocolate.

To each their own I guess.... I love them soo.....
I was asked what I liked and I said it and then you have to come and tell me they are bad and don't taste good, what's that all about?

But I see you judging everyone's choice....

I don't mind one every once in a while. Their sections are almost ideal for making s'mores, although they take a little too long to melt. However, "Simply the best" was beyond hyperbole. I'd hope that most people could differentiate between what they like and what is qualitatively better. If not for that comment, I doubt I would respond to it.

Heck, I took my kid to McDonald's today. I enjoyed it, but obviously it wasn't the best meal I've ever had. I appreciated what it was, but I wouldn't say it's the best.

REALLY, You condemned me like I ate **** and then you go on to say "You don't mind one every once in a while".
But they are so mediocre and waxy so why waste your money on such a bad product???

Boy, it was suppose to be a fun thread and you sure spoiled that.

REALLY, You condemned me like I ate **** and then you go on to say "You don't mind one every once in a while".
But they are so mediocre and waxy so why waste your money on such a bad product???

Boy, it was suppose to be a fun thread and you sure spoiled that.

Mediocre means average or run of the mill. It doesn't necessarily mean bad or in terms of food, inedible. They're waxy compared to higher priced chocolates. I don't mind one if it's given to me or when there are leftover Hershey Miniatures after Halloween. But "Simply the best" is kind of a strange way to describe them. They're kind of like the Budweiser or McDonald's of the chocolate world - a simple pleasure that most recognize for what it is - familiar, ubiquitous, and affordable.

I apologize if you feel I was p****** in your Cheerios.

Mediocre means average or run of the mill. It doesn't necessarily mean bad or in terms of food, inedible. They're waxy compared to higher priced chocolates. I don't mind one if it's given to me or when there are leftover Hershey Miniatures after Halloween. But "Simply the best" is kind of a strange way to describe them. They're kind of like the Budweiser or McDonald's of the chocolate world - a simple pleasure that most recognize for what it is - familiar, ubiquitous, and affordable.

Not even close did you *** in my Cheerios, the fact that you felt you needed to judge my choice to begin with is what gets me.
I can buy and eat any chocolate in this world, I happen to love Hershey's and didn't appreciate your negative comments that went on and on.

I see the "my-chocolate-can-beat-up-your-chocolate" nonsense continues.

Milka bars (esp. with the Daim pieces!) are my favorite. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything toffee-related, but that chocolate/toffee combo is just perfect.

Thought of another non-chocolate favorite. Coconut slices. They have several flavors, such as the pictured Neapolitan, watermelon, and my favorite, orange creamsicle.

coconut slices.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter