What ya making for dinner tonight? 12-19

vegasnative

DIS Veteran
Just looking for suggestions, kid friendly. (something other than burgers, tacos or breakfast night...all of which we have done this week). Just me and the boys, so I'm looking for ideas before I head to the store. :thumbsup2

I keep pita bread in the house, and do "make your own pizzas" with the kids. They love it!!

I made taco soup. Just browned hamburger, a can of beans, two cans of Rotel, a can of corn and a half a packet of taco seasoning. Simmer for 30 minutes, serve with sour cream, avocado, cheese and salsa.

It's going to start snowing very hard here within the next few hours. We are making sauce and meatballs, but it will be for tomorrow .

Crockpot chilli and some cornbread here! Smells good already.

It's still snowing to beat the band here, we're 13" of white stuff and counting, so I've been cooking a pot of yummy beef stew to help warm us! :goodvibes

I have enough chili in the crockpot for today and tomorrow. We also have some salad and some Italian bread to go with it. :goodvibes

meatloaf and potatoes (the little canned diced ones) with cheese melted over them.. yumm!

No help here.....Sam's Club Roasted Chickens....

so it's a total comfort food meal for us..meatloaf, baked potatoes, carrots, peas, and fresh baked brownies with chocolate frosting..then it's a nite in front of the Christmas tree drinking cocoa and watching Christmas movies!

Thanks for the replies. We had pizza last night at sons birthday party, so that is out. I think I'm going to make meatloaf, that sounds good tonight. For all you in that terrible snowstorm out east, hang in there. We had the exact thing happen to us 1 year ago yesterday. It was brutal. Keep warm!!

I found ham for $1.29 a lb., so I've got one in the oven. We'll eat a little tonight, then I'll freeze small portions for later. I can't do deli meat right now since I'm pregnant, so I'm really looking forward to having ham always available.

I also bought ingredients to make chili and lasagna-thought they'd be good cold weather meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter