• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What wouldn't you do again?

I will take flack for this I'm sure but It's a small world. This was our first time to Disney and we left MK to the last. I was disappointed and bored out of my mind on this ride after all of the exciting ones! I know it's a major staple of Disney but OMG! It lasted forever! The kids are creepy

Agreed! My kids were even saying, "How much longer IS this ride? I wanna get off!" heh

Drew Carey is definitely a disappoint as well as the tomorrowland transit and carousel of progress at MK. BUILD SOMETHING ELSE!! Those dinosaurs need laid to rest! Character dining is great because it does kill 2 birds with one stone! I like Stitch so even though it's corny, we go! Won't ever eat at Cinderella's royal table either, horrible service, lousy food and overpriced!

oh no!! those are mine and my kids favorite things!! I love the feeling of COP-it makes me remember being a kid and going with my parents. Literally gives me goosebumps!!
Now-things I would not do-STITCH-hated it. Last summer we added a couple extra days to our Beach CLub trip and decided to stay at POP a couple nights to check it out. I hated it at POP. I felt so cramped and it seems kinda dirty to me. Maybe it was just bad luck?
Also-will never stay off property.

Stich is terrible, i hated the ride there before and Stich still is not up to par with the other attractions in MK. Test Track can be fun but it is not worth the long lines, if your family is willing the single rider line is much shorter and you will still get to experience the ride without feeling like you have wasted your time.

I will take flack for this I'm sure but It's a small world. This was our first time to Disney and we left MK to the last. I was disappointed and bored out of my mind on this ride after all of the exciting ones! I know it's a major staple of Disney but OMG! It lasted forever! The kids are creepy

I will never go on Space Mountain again. The inside is really neat but I think I will just take the transit ride through. I came off feeling sore and not so good..same iwth Primevil Hurl.

I'm not going to give you slack, but I am so bummed that you don't like it, that is my favorite ride, and I think it is the only ride that reminds me of the vision Walt really intended.......sappy I know, but during all that crazy stuff that we do during Disney vacations it is the only I time where we can sit back and relax and enjoy it for what it is...................ahhhh can't wait to go in May.:wizard:

I agree... Stitch was horrible. We kept waiting for something exciting to happen and it never did.

I would also go back and never have gotten sucked into character autographs. This consumed a lot of our time and energy!;)

Isn't that the honest truth......my DH & I thought it was just us.......we thought ok, any second something really cool is going to happen.:rolleyes1 ....waiting..:rolleyes1 ...waiting.....:rolleyes1 ....waiting....:rolleyes1 ..AND NOTHING :mad: !!!!

Our list of never agains:

Cinderella's Royal Table (Horrible food and service and waaaayyyy overpriced)
Stich (Just pointless and gross)
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Maelstrom

For me, personally, the Tower of Terror is also a no-go, but I do tend to be a little bit of a wimp :goodvibes

And we love Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress :lovestruc

Ah, I guess I'm the only Stitch supporter. I like it... admittedly I'm weird, but I like it... of course, I like to go when the line is short... but it is somethign to do once... I like the animatronic Stitch anyway... and the response my wife has... lol.

I would have to agree with not doing Cinderella's Royal Table again. While it was great seeing my DD face when she saw Cinderella, I wouldn't do it again. We were there for dinner and the food was the worst we had our whole trip (and we even ate at Sci-Fi which I know many don't like). My steak was cold and my DH's was not too good either. It just seems like a glorified buffet to me. I loved the atmosphere but not worth 2 TS with the DDP. Glad we did it once though! :)

All this time I thought it was just us! We had dinner in the castle last March and I couldn't eat anything but dessert. The food had a strange taste to it. I didn't complain because the CM that helped with our picture said my DD's turned out so good he gave them all to me instead of one and we got to see the fireworks from the window which was truely magical. At the end as we were walking out Cinderella was sitting all by herself at the door and my DD was able to hug her and tell her good night. That alone made it worth the money but I can't imagine doing it again. We'll be skipping it this next trip.

i have to say im suprised about Cinderella's Royal Table comments.. we ate dinner there and thought it was actually pretty good.. wasnt as good as Coral Reef or Le Cellier :goodvibes but pretty good...

and to add something else we will never do again (until they do a full rehab!) the jungle cruise... it was so boring when we went on it last year.. the AA's were wayyyy outdated..

There are a lot of things (like Stitch) that aren't worth it, but if someone I was with wanted to go then I would. However on my list of NEVER AGAIN would be: CRT Dinner was TERRIBLE. Service and food were NOT GOOD. And, the gross food was better than the terrible service. ALSO I hate the Honey I shrunk the Kids show and the backlot tour.

I also agree with some of the Fantasmic posts...Its good but once you've seen it I don't think it is worth waiting over 2 hours!

I know, I hear all the time that people love this restaurant, but for us it sucked.

DH and I LOVE seafood and the only thing good we had there was the dessert. It was expensive, small portions, bad taste for the appetizers and entres. They also didn't have a very good selection (we thought). :sad2:

On the other hand, we LOVED Cap'n Jacks in downtown disney. DH wants to go there every night on our September trip (I won't let him though - mean wife :) )

I would never never never never go Thanksgive week:eek: also I will not do a ch meal...The meals were great when my kids were toddlers(and free), but now they could handle waiting in line to see Pooh. Last time we were waisting time and money eating an early morn ch breakfast while everyone else was comming in.....:mad:

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I will never stay on property again, maybe when the kids are grown but being in a cramped in a room with DH, DS9, and DD16 for 8 or 9 days was too much, now we rent a vacation home or a condo and everyone has there own space believe me its much nicer.

As for attractions I think once the kids are older it just isn't that cute anymore
Snow whites scary adventure
Winnie the pooh
Peter Pan
I couldn't talk either kid into doing the jungle cruise again I use to love this ride can they please update already.

[QUOTE]Early character breakfasts. I felt we wasted too much time sitting in the restaurant when we could have been in the parks while the lines were small.
I disagree the best part of character dining is that my DH and I have to to sit relax and enjoy the meal because the kids are so preoccupied with the characters they are not bothering us to hurry up an leave.

I agree about It's a Small World :lol: Flame away! It is nice when it's 100 degrees outside though.

Swiss Family Treehouse
Winnie the Pooh Ride (my girls don't appreciate it either :lol: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter