What would you want in a hotel room gift basket??

mommy2twinz

Earning My Ears
My DH is putting together a business trip for some colleagues at DL - he is responsible for creating a room gift for the families that are going. Here are the ideas that we have come up w/ already:

*Mickey Ears embroidered w/ each child's names
*Autograph book
*Sunscreen
*Gum
*Snacks (granola bars, cheese & crackers, any other ideas???)
*Spray bottle fan cooler-offer thingy
*A Disney backpack to carry
*A Disney movie?? This is tough as it's hard to know who has what; does anyone know of any being released on DVD in the next few weeks/coming out of Disney vault??

Any other suggestions?? The kids attending (20 families) range in age from 2-12. What are some things that are handy to have in the park that would make a nice addition to the basket?? :confused3

I'd love to hear any and all ideas! :idea:

Thanks!

Chocolate :).

How personalized will they be? One for each family? You can always get the list of premade baskets if they're staying at a DL hotel. They're spendy but fun.

Include a fat permanent marker for the autograph books. You can get fun colors. How about pins for trading or lanyards and they can get their own pins?

We always bring nuts with us and jerky (good for a little protein). Water bottles?

Disney dollars? My mom got me some and I am way excited!:woohoo: Bottled water or water bottles, a spray mister fan?

An extra night stay :rotfl:

Actually maybe a food or gift voucher. or a gift card.
Some Disney pens, Disney Stickers for the kids.

No Disney movie, unless it is the very very latest release. Perhaps Movie Tickets?

Or the Disney Planning Video. So kids can see what everything at Disney looks like??

i think it would be cute to have those big lollipops they sell them online they even have disney ones, maybe some disney books too for the kids

The Sword and the Stone just was rereleased a few weeks ago.....I like the Disney dollar idea too or lanyard and pins.

Water bottles with Crystal light single packs, Park maps, maybe printed directions about how to use fastpass.

Water bottles with Crystal light single packs, Park maps, maybe printed directions about how to use fastpass.

I love these ideas.

How about those little mickey head lollipops they sell in bunches of 5 in the parks? They are so cute.

You guys are awsome!! :love: I love the Crystal Light & Lollipop suggestions.

Where would one find Disney Dollars? And what about the lanyards? (I know, I know, newbie here!!)

Keep the suggestions coming!!

Disposable cameras

Things for the kids to play with while in line - you could label these as such maybe someone can come up with a cute name - such as DoodlePros etc. For example, going with the doodlepro idea, you could put a little instructions sheet with it explaining that it is to be used in line and game suggestions (disney themed hangman, draw and guess the picture, etc.)

Those glow in the dark light up jewelery and flashlight things for at night.

Something for blistered feet! :rotfl:

You guys are awsome!! :love: I love the Crystal Light & Lollipop suggestions.

Where would one find Disney Dollars? And what about the lanyards? (I know, I know, newbie here!!)

Keep the suggestions coming!!

Disney Dollars can be found at the Disney Stores or at the park itself (you could probably call and order some if you don't live near by).

There are lanyards on this site: http://www.disneysmilesstore.com/shop/ there are some backpacks/tote bags (the draw string ones) on this site as well. Perhaps you can find other goodies on this site too.

or this one: http://www.treasurekingdom.com/CTGY/Badges.html bottom of page is a pink and purple one that says Disneyland and a blue one that says Where Dreams Come True. There are also a Pirate of the Caribbean and Tinker Bell pin lanyard pouch (these are good for hotel key cards and fast passes).

Another idea is to put a fun/interesting facts sheet of information. Like: Dumbo is an original Disneyland attraction and opened in July 1955.

In 1957 former President Harry Truman refused to ride Dumbo because the elephant is the symbol for the Republican party. (something free and fun).

i was wondering is this like his job? and does he have to pay for it himself? just wondering...........................

something my son loves that i just got him a few weeks ago. one of those little etch scetch it was a doller at walmart its little and he goes to town on it just an idea.
Also the koolid packs like the single crystal light packets.
mousepins.com is the best pin site ive found you can get a grab bag of pins and put them on lanyards for the kids

for the kids in line.... bubble stuff. We kept little "wedding" bubbles bottles in our pockets when we had our 4 yr old granddaughter at DL in April. they were a hit with her with other kids in line, with adults.

Entertained her while waiting in those lines..... entertained those around us.

stickers for the kids?

I would add...
- Fruit, always nice to have something to snack on when you get back to the room...
- Fanny Packs, incase back packs are too expensive
- Lanyards, Pins and pin trading instructions just to get em started
- In the disney store yesterday I saw these cool mickey mouse digital cameras for kids 3+. Even a disposable camera would be fun!

I'd say you could also put granola bars.. maybe the chocolate chip ones for the
kids, fruit roll ups. You could also give gift cards to the stores on DTD to get
them to enjoy the stores near by. Maybe the Legos store or Build a Bear.

Right now, they are having BIG sales at the Disney Store, maybe you can buy
small stuffed animals there. Check the store out soon, they have alot of deals
right now.

What I found so handy at WDW was having a laminated mini map, much easier to just whip out than the big map every time and I plan to make them for DL aswell. Just a little something small and cheap, but useful, that you might want to add in addition to a normal park map :goodvibes Also, maybe a Disney notebook or journal and pen for them to write a diary of their trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter