• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you think the best staragie would be for 2 adults at MK?

ssatterly

DIS Veteran
2 adults on Aug 14th we will be there when the gates open and it will just be us 2..How would you do the park? To try to get most of everything in. We what to try to get in all the big rides as well as some other stuff too..Only one day with the GAD tickets. We plan on being there from open till close. Thanks!

Unless riding Dumbo is going to be a priority...
start either with Peter Pan or Space Mountain, then proceed from there.

My "must-do's" at MK-
(NOT in a specific order, BTW)

Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Mickey's Philharmagic
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Disney's Electrical Parade or SpectroMagic Parade (whichever is performed)
Wishes (Fireworks Spectacular)
Celebrate a Dream Parade (Afternoons)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Wishes or Summer Nightastic Fireworks (whichever is performed)
Fantasyland-
virtually everything...
(Dumbo is the most-difficult attraction to ride [long lines]
so we either do that first, or not at all.)

Our favorites are the HM and POTC, so when the gates open, we head to either one of those, than the other. We pretty much hit the rides in FrontierLand, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain. Than we head over to Small World and work our way around the park. When we get tired but really dont just want to sit on a bench, we get on the Railroad and take it around the park to relax.

Remember if you are going to stop for lunch than go a little earlier than 12 or wait until later afternoon. The noon time crowds will slow your day down.

My "typical" plan (which varies WILDLY based on crowd size): Assuming you're there at rope drop

Peter Pan
Snow White
Mickey's Philharmagic
IASW
HM
BTMRR
Splash Mountain
--break for early lunch (we enjoy Pecos Bills, which you will be very close to at this point)
PotC
--now is a good time to grab that Dole Whip you know you want
Space Mountain
People Mover ( I know! But that's what I'll always call it)
Buzz Lightyear
Monster's Inc.

My 9 year old DD and I were at the MK on Father's Day last week. I expected a large crowd and was in the park before 9:30. I usually go back to Tomorrowland and start there, but this time we went to Adventureland first.

Alladin - no wait and would not ride unless I could walk on
Jungle Cruise - a must ride this time because I need some good jokes
canoe understand? haha
Pirates - no wait walked on and only loading 1/2 capacity

got a fast pass for Thunder Mountain

Splash Mountain - 20 minute standby wait
Thunder Mountain - walked on with fast pass ticket
Haunted Mansion - walked on
Small World - 15 minute wait

got a fast pass for Pooh Bear

Space Ranger Spin - 40 minute wait
Pooh Bear - walked on fast pass

got fast pass for Peter Pan

Mickey Philharmagic - walked on
Peter Pan - walked on fast pass

Ended the day with Monsters Laugh Floor, Stitch, Goofy's Barnstormer, Tink autograph (45 minute wait ugh), and steam train to front of park. Left at 5pm.

At any time we could have fast passed Space Mountain, but was not on the to do list for the day.

Did not do afternoon parade, we have seen it a number of times and it was very hot that afternoon, so not a must do this time.

Park was open late, but we had to get to Ft. Lauderdale that evening.

We get there at rope drop or shortly after and turn right at Caseys to take the short cut to Tomorrowland, get a FP for SM and then ride it, ride Buzz Lightyear, head over to BTMR and ride that, then ride HM around the corner. If the time for SM FP has arrived, get one for Splash, then head over to Adventureland for POTC and Jungle Cruise(if the line isn't too long) Def. get your Dole Whip or Pineapple Float while you are in the area. ;-) Check out Mickey's Philharmagic to see when the next show is and catch it if its close. If its time for your Splash FP, get one for Peter Pan, then ride Splash. Have lunch. Check the wait for Stitch and Monster's Inc and do those if possible. Do IASW if there is not much wait, and if it is time for your Peter Pan FP, get one for a repeat of whatever attraction you really enjoyed. You can do the transit ride and Carousel of Progress anytime; there's hardly ever a line for those

We never do Dumbo, Astroorbiters, Winnie the Pooh or Snow White's ride. We do tea cups only if its a very short line. We do lots of walking between lands, but we don't mind the walking. If you mind the walking, this might not work for you.

Marsha

Not 100% for sure what do you suggest probly counter for lunch and table for dinner

I would probably do counter service for both, but I just honestly prefer counter service to table service in MK. If you want a character meal, the Crystal Palace is a good choice.

The four attractions that will have long lines are:
Space Mountain
Peter Pan
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

We usually send a runner for Peter Pan Fast Passes, while the rest of us ride Splash and Big Thunder at Rope Drop, and then a runner grabs Space Mountain Fast Passes at the next opportunity.

But this won't work for just 2 of you.

I think if you do Peter Pan first and then go to Frontierland, you still won't have much wait for Splash and Big Thunder. Then you could take the railroad around to the Toontown station and walk the secluded walking trail to Tomorrowland to get Space Mountain Fast Passes.

Then do other Tomorrowland and/or Fantasyland attractions while waiting for Space Mountain Fast Passes to mature. Save Haunted Mansion and the Adventureland attractions for later in the day.

Oops -- forgot about Dumbo. We never do it, so it's not on my radar. But yes, what Robo said -- do it first if you plan to do it.

Hello;

My last visits have been with Teens...so I think we would probably be interested in about the same attractions....

We would not get there at RD...but once there... head to Tomorrowland, FP Space Mountain, mix in Buzz Lightyear/ Monster's Laugh Inc with a CS lunch at Cosmic Rays (BEST selection, GREAT value). So now you've done Space, Buzz, Monsters, and had lunch... walk RIGHT by Space (Space to your right) our little 'secret' back entrance to the Railroad...take Railroad to Frontierland and mix in BTMRR and Splash Mountain. (OR...FP one, ride the other).

Next we headed to HM... MIckey's Philharmagic, and had CRT ADR's. Did POTC after. Watched Wishes and mixed in additional attractions after. Was a Great plan!

Have a wonderful time !

Mary

If the thrill rides are most important I would do this:

1. Get Splash fp
2. Ride Thunder MT
3. Either ride Splash w/fp, or cut back to POC
4. after Splash, ride HM
5. Peter Pan
6. Get Space Mt fp
While waiting for fp or after fp:
7. Do Buzz, TTA, COP, or Monsters Inc.
8. CS lunch at Cosmic Rays
9. see Philharmagic
10. after Space Mt. get fp for Jungle Cruise
While waiting for fp:
11. Ride Aladdin if that's your thing
12. Do Hall of Presidents
By this time you have probably hit all the highlights. During the 3:00 parade is a good time to hit some of the kiddy rides in Fantasyland if that interests you.

I would probably do counter service for both, but I just honestly prefer counter service to table service in MK. If you want a character meal, the Crystal Palace is a good choice.

Yea we will more than likely just do counter service for lunch and dinner..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter